Sign in to follow this  
Forb Hidden

Squids almost a myth

Ahoi devs and community,

In the last week I went four times to similar underwater-grids with the idea to tame more crabs.

Each time with sailing there and searching for a Squid it takes more than three hours. All together I was looking more than a half day underwater for a Squid. 

So what you think? It's not fun at all and I'm totally frustrated about these mechanics - and I'm surely not the only one.

While asking around in the grids, I received a lot of ideas and fairy tales about the entire mechanics. Can you please confirm and demand what's wrong and what's true about Squids?

- Squids only spawn while someone takes the powerstone

- u have to kill whales and crabs, that a Squid maybe can respawn

- they don't spawn while 2x and 3x events

So after two evenings during the last week and yesterday more than the half day without any success or any Squid spottet in H11 and F8 eu pve, I feel a little lost on this.

Do you know about these problems? 

I think all the people who are unhappy with the time u need to travel and sail around will all rage-quit the game, if they spend more than 12h per week looking for a Squid.

So please think about any solution for this problem or explain one time one thing of your game correctly and detailed. How exactly are the mechanics to this?

I understand that you want to tame more crabs, but honestly having to kill a rare spawn so that you can tame the crab makes it much more worth while, and keeps the pricing up on the crabs, i for one like the idea of having the squids pretty rare. Crabs are not 100% necessary to play the game, instead of spending 12 hours looking for a squid to tame a crab you could farm 50k gold and buy a crab somebody has already tamed, there are other ways than just taming it yourself. look at what the breeding fix has done to the price of bred and imprinted tames. absolutely flooded the market, the same will happen to crabs.

The other thing is, some things just need to be rare, i remember playing wow, and killing tens of thousands of welps in Feralas to find an emerald welp pet, i didn't need it, i wanted it, and i didn't want to buy it in the AH, but i had that option i could have taken, and it was awesome when finally it dropped, and i got what i wanted.

Edited by trqfreak350

39 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

The other thing is, some things just need to be rare, i remember playing wow, and killing tens of thousands of welps in Feralas to find an emerald welp pet, i didn't need it, i wanted it, and i didn't want to buy it in the AH, but i had that option i could have taken, and it was awesome when finally it dropped, and i got what i wanted.

*cue The Rolling Stones*

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

*cue The Rolling Stones*

isn't that the truth, i ended up farming gold instead of the other whelplings >.>

What du u think why I want to tame more of em? I actually have a good crab. And as long as the prices are not too deep, it would be nice to tame another 10...20 crabs.

First time we went there (2 weeks ago) we had no problem to find a Squid or two in the hole grid. Once I found a pack of 4 Squids... If u know about that, so it's annoying to spend 12...14h without seeing one of them...

34 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

What du u think why I want to tame more of em? I actually have a good crab. And as long as the prices are not too deep, it would be nice to tame another 10...20 crabs.

First time we went there (2 weeks ago) we had no problem to find a Squid or two in the hole grid. Once I found a pack of 4 Squids... If u know about that, so it's annoying to spend 12...14h without seeing one of them...

I am completely with you. Had a date with a smoking hot chick once. Would love to have another 10 or 20, preferably without crabs.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

The prices for crabs decrease week per week.

I saw people who try to sell them for 150-200g per lev. We sold around 15 last week for 250g per lev. But the time will come, when they will offer it for 100g per lev.

No other tame has experienced such a drop in prices as the crab.

19 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

Ahoi devs and community,

In the last week I went four times to similar underwater-grids with the idea to tame more crabs.

Each time with sailing there and searching for a Squid it takes more than three hours. All together I was looking more than a half day underwater for a Squid. 

So what you think? It's not fun at all and I'm totally frustrated about these mechanics - and I'm surely not the only one.

While asking around in the grids, I received a lot of ideas and fairy tales about the entire mechanics. Can you please confirm and demand what's wrong and what's true about Squids?

- Squids only spawn while someone takes the powerstone

- u have to kill whales and crabs, that a Squid maybe can respawn

- they don't spawn while 2x and 3x events

So after two evenings during the last week and yesterday more than the half day without any success or any Squid spottet in H11 and F8 eu pve, I feel a little lost on this.

Do you know about these problems? 

I think all the people who are unhappy with the time u need to travel and sail around will all rage-quit the game, if they spend more than 12h per week looking for a Squid.

So please think about any solution for this problem or explain one time one thing of your game correctly and detailed. How exactly are the mechanics to this?

I also need answers on this and not a spammy and not funny replies, when concrete info is all we want.

Where exactly is it found? (on border areas in trench or)

When does it spawn (always, not on event etc)?

How fast does it respawn?

this has been posted in the bug forums.

it appears that they are spawning after a restart but them not re-spawning when killed (at least as much). some theorize that they are sharing re-spawns with something else. crabs, sharks, the whales in the trench, who knows. this is what i am guessing based on what i've seen.

yesterday and completely after 14h of searching I found one - one! 

I was killing almost all whales and a mate was killing lot of crabs. After a while there spawned a Squid right in front of me. Thanks 3x event. Now I have three more crabs.

The Squids definitely are super rare spawns. Best chance to get more than one is after a wipe. 

Just so I'm clear, do you need 1 squid innard per crab, do they spoil, or do you need to hunt 50 squids for a 30 crab?

7 hours ago, gadefence said:

Just so I'm clear, do you need 1 squid innard per crab, do they spoil, or do you need to hunt 50 squids for a 30 crab?

They spoil very fast, I had trouble taming on 1x even after farming several squids because of spoil timers and low taming %. 

3x was a breeze though. If you catch it right after a restart into a 2x weekend you should have no trouble.