Sign in to follow this  
Daish

2x 3x weekends causing more players to quit then any other factor

6 minutes ago, Grongash said:

No point to argue with someone who starts out with "wrong lol". Read what i wrote, google it until you get it. Check how to approach that data statistically in a correct way. If you get it and have an actual argument, feel free to drop me a line. Or in your words.. "no, lol".

Yeah either way it has no impact 

The boosted weekends don't increase player count to a noticeable level because it is not the "time factor" that is the problem. Even if we had regular boosts during week and weekends that doesn't take away the fact the actual issues are still present.

As I said before, anyone that says boosted weekends are causing more players to quit, clearly do not know the real problems with the game.

47 minutes ago, znasser said:

For me this game is like that gf none of your friends like and you fail to see what's wrong with her. Let's deal with the fact that the game is a pile of shit, so many people trying it and saying is shit can't be wrong. We are staying, because we are the only ones who happen to like it, but at the moment we get bored of playing, and at some point we will, nobody will come to take our place after us. So i don't think there's just one reason why people is leaving, just that the game is bad.

What needs to happen is that anything that makes the game a 'pile of defecation' goes into the feedback section.  This is very much still Early Release, and, the game is evolving, and adapting.  The game will take time, and effort on multiple fronts to accommodate everyone who plays, there will always be something missing, and there will always be something for everyone.

My advice would be to help the devs and the team, rather than lift up an arse-cheek and fart insults at their hard work and creativity  :classic_blush:

I should imagine that they have nicely thickened skin by now, and let sniping pass over, but still, I always say row with the river, than try to battle against it, unless you really need to for some reason 😄

3 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

What needs to happen is that anything that makes the game a 'pile of defecation' goes into the feedback section.  This is very much still Early Release, and, the game is evolving, and adapting.  The game will take time, and effort on multiple fronts to accommodate everyone who plays, there will always be something missing, and there will always be something for everyone.

My advice would be to help the devs and the team, rather than lift up an arse-cheek and fart insults at their hard work and creativity  :classic_blush:

I should imagine that they have nicely thickened skin by now, and let sniping pass over, but still, I always say row with the river, than try to battle against it, unless you really need to for some reason 😄

I always say this is a very good game concept with bad execution. If they actually made a lot more land as I said in another post, like continent size, that would be an awesome new addition. Definitely need more land that is for sure.

Edited by Realist

1 minute ago, Realist said:

I always say this is a very good game concept with bad execution. If they actually made a lot more land as I said in another post, like continent size, that would be an awesome new addition. Definitely need more land that is for sure.

Yep!  Perhaps more land, and also, revisit a flag system in lawless to prevent foundation spamming.  Having said that, it's a winning concept for sure 👍

26 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Yep!  Perhaps more land, and also, revisit a flag system in lawless to prevent foundation spamming.  Having said that, it's a winning concept for sure 👍

Totally agree. To be honest when I first heard it was releasing I was split. Half was very excited because they actually have really good concepts. The other half knows how the run things so I was disappointed and excited at the same time.

and yeah, my main thing is more land but you are very correct that the whole claim system needs more work. This is one of those times where I say they tried to be “too” new and different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The boosted weekends don't increase player count to a noticeable level because it is not the "time factor" that is the problem. Even if we had regular boosts during week and weekends that doesn't take away the fact the actual issues are still present.

As I said before, anyone that says boosted weekends are causing more players to quit, clearly do not know the real problems with the game.

Double wind weekend! 😛

With the bonus I spent a couple of hours doing nothing but killing animals for meat to help our breeders who went nuts this weekend.

On 5/28/2019 at 9:38 PM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

the mental effect of feeling like you are constantly nerfed or you need to do X at X time instead of making your own choice is hurting the game and causing players to quit

its a mental effect you may not understand if you are not a MMORPG gamer 

to make it more simple imagine this what if ships parts planks/sails and so on cost 2x less  to craft on weekends 

what effect will this have think about it for a few seconds 

Edited by Daish

30 minutes ago, Daish said:

to make it more simple imagine this what if ships parts planks/sails and so on cost 2x less  to craft on weekends 

Who cares! Events are not about harvesting!

Tame/breed better tames and have an increased farm all the time.

Farm XP, get alot of gold ontop.

2 minutes ago, Kummba said:

Who cares! Events are not about harvesting!

Tame/breed better tames and have an increased farm all the time.

Farm XP, get alot of gold ontop.

that's the point your forcing somebody to do something in a 24/7 game in a set window or its greatly decreased 

if you do most of your maps on the weekend and farm most of your exp on the weekend the rest of the week is now 50% exp instead of feeling "normal" the 2x is now your "normal" 

the mental effect this has will fucking drive players away every week you feel nerfed when its changed back to normal it feels like you are debuffed 50% 

I mean i farm the bottles when there is no buff 🙂 or trade or breed, or harvest alittle!
People not only leave for the reasons they give.

11 minutes ago, Daish said:

that's the point your forcing somebody to do something in a 24/7 game in a set window or its greatly decreased 

if you do most of your maps on the weekend and farm most of your exp on the weekend the rest of the week is now 50% exp instead of feeling "normal" the 2x is now your "normal" 

the mental effect this has will fucking drive players away every week you feel nerfed when its changed back to normal it feels like you are debuffed 50% 

It comes down to: the glass is half full, not half empty

TBH next to the x3 breeding, the others are pathetic anyway!

35 minutes ago, Kummba said:

I mean i farm the bottles when there is no buff 🙂 or trade or breed, or harvest alittle!
People not only leave for the reasons they give.

It comes down to: the glass is half full, not half empty

TBH next to the x3 breeding, the others are pathetic anyway!

The reason they do 2x and 3x is to test certain aspects and numbers for logistical purposes. Atleast that is what I was told.

~Lotus

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

The reason they do 2x and 3x is to test certain aspects and numbers for logistical purposes. Atleast that is what I was told.

~Lotus

Yeah, thats what she or he said 🙂

But they also say the smithy has 130 slots and stuff.

3x breeding was a testing for sure, and as of Jat a very special event. I personally hope it stays rare.

2 minutes ago, Kummba said:

Yeah, thats what she or he said 🙂

But they also say the smithy has 130 slots and stuff.

3x breeding was a testing for sure, and as of Jat a very special event. I personally hope it stays rare.

It took a lot of fun out of breeding for me for some reason. I just can't get my drive to do it back.

~Lotus

4 hours ago, Lotus said:

~Lotus

Nah, events have become the norm in ark. They will also become the norm here as well. Jat was even saying that he was going to switch it up and start making the events on weekdays sometimes because some people can’t play weekends which I think is awesome he said that.

nut no, it used to be that way but now they do events because if they don’t people will get mad and complain to them on Twitter. A lot of these events haven’t happened around any change so there was no reason to test anything 

Like others have stated, I don't think the x2 x3 has anything to do with people leaving.

I can only speak for myself. The wipe killed my interest in this game and it has never returned. My play time has reduced by 95%. In fact over the last few weeks I do little more than log on and feed my tames.

I've decided I'm not investing anymore time in a game that may wipe again. 

13 hours ago, Buck Rider said:

Like others have stated, I don't think the x2 x3 has anything to do with people leaving.

I can only speak for myself. The wipe killed my interest in this game and it has never returned. My play time has reduced by 95%. In fact over the last few weeks I do little more than log on and feed my tames.

Guaranteed it is wiping again in the next year and a half 

15 hours ago, Buck Rider said:

Since wipes are a pretty typical part of the EA development process, the prudent move for you then would be to return at actual game launch, having gotten the game at half price and an early look at it's nascent form. Not a bad deal for you all things considered, assuming the game makes it to launch.

16 hours ago, Realist said:

Nah, events have become the norm in ark. They will also become the norm here as well. Jat was even saying that he was going to switch it up and start making the events on weekdays sometimes because some people can’t play weekends which I think is awesome he said that.

nut no, it used to be that way but now they do events because if they don’t people will get mad and complain to them on Twitter. A lot of these events haven’t happened around any change so there was no reason to test anything 

There is no reason both your statement and Lotus's can't be true.

21 hours ago, Daish said:

What you are describing is entirely a function of your personal attitude and perspective, not of any objective reality. The proof of this is the fact that anyone else could subjectively look at it the exact opposite way.  In essence you are mentally and emotionally taking a glass is half empty approach/perspective to whatever happens rather than a glass is half full,  seeking to find the negative in everything rather than the positive. You are of course welcome to your own views, however, it's not reasonable to hold the devs responsible for your subjective perspective.

13 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Since wipes are a pretty typical part of the EA development process, the prudent move for you then would be to return at actual game launch, having gotten the game at half price and an early look at it's nascent form. Not a bad deal for you all things considered, assuming the game makes it to launch.

There is no reason both your statement and Lotus's can't be true.

Jesus boomer. I just told him that used to be true. Which means he wasn’t wrong. Lotus just happens to be wrong right now because regardless of new content the event is going to happen.

you were just being a nosey Nancy right there 

7 hours ago, Realist said:

Jesus boomer. I just told him that used to be true. Which means he wasn’t wrong. Lotus just happens to be wrong right now because regardless of new content the event is going to happen.

you were just being a nosey Nancy right there 

Any conversation in a public space is de facto inviting public comment. If you don't want me to put my two cents in, take it to pm. 

*sticks his tongue out at Realist.*

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Any conversation in a public space is de facto inviting public comment. If you don't want me to put my two cents in, take it to pm. 

*sticks his tongue out at Realist.*

Fair enough Nancy lol

Best solution in a persistant world would be to do no 2x and 3x events. Every player has a different time window to play, this should be respected.

Devs can in general set 2x, would make life easier.

23 minutes ago, Talono said:

Best solution in a persistant world would be to do no 2x and 3x events. Every player has a different time window to play, this should be respected.

Devs can in general set 2x, would make life easier.

Yep. Permanent boosted rates would help testers test the game with more efficiency. There will be plenty of time to grind after the game releases.

i actually think 10x would be a high enough rate to test the game properly. I can’t wait to start testing