Sign in to follow this  
Daish

2x 3x weekends causing more players to quit then any other factor

your basically making the game feel like we are getting a nerfed constantly or are forced to farm in this set window of time instead of at our own rate

the game seems to be dying at a increased rate and this is one of the main causes the 3x weekend now is just horrible 

2 hours ago, Daish said:

your basically making the game feel like we are getting a nerfed constantly or are forced to farm in this set window of time instead of at our own rate

the game seems to be dying at a increased rate and this is one of the main causes the 3x weekend now is just horrible 

You might feel that way but the events are not killing the game. 

There are many, many other factors that are responsible for the drastic decrease in playerbase. The events probably have little to no effect at all.

i mean even after the wipe only 2700 people returned after it was already down to 3000. Now they are already losing part of the 2700. Events don’t cause that. Not in the slightest.

Edited by Realist
  • Like 1

its good for players that can only play on the weekends, it gives them a chance to do more with the little time they have to play the game. Or do you want them to quit too?

as for the player base its been up since post wipe

https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

Edited by Remo

2 minutes ago, Remo said:

its good for players that can only play on the weekends, it gives them a chance to do more with the little time they have to play the game. Or do you want them to quit too?

Pretty soon they will alternate the events to be on weekdays as well, don’t forget that. 

That will be a pleasant change for people that can’t play on weekends. Can’t wait for a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday event.

for me the 3x over a UK public holiday is a stroke of genius.    Cudos GS 👍

• Like 4

they say sorry with a x3, just take it

Edited by photek

13 hours ago, Daish said:

empirical evidence to support the premise stated in your thread title or just asserting a personal opinion of your own as fact?

• Like 1

Most important part of the x3 is the breeding.

Some people dont have the time to breed and imprint tames. This weekend they have the chance to do it.

This is a game requires time and after the wipe many players got angry about losing everything.
No is event the problem, for me it's great because I have more time at the end of the week.

My biggest issue with those weekends are the absolute horrible timing. More than 50% of their playerbase is from the EU (or at least on the EU-Servers). They launch these weekends for EU-players somewhere during early saturday-morning. Usually like 4 or 5 am.

This means entire Friday evening & afternoon -> no event and most ppl don't do anything then because the event is incoming and it would be a completle waste. So entire friday afternoon & evening is lost. Also mind that in many european countries you are actually free friday afternoon.

Then you have saturday & sunday u need to just catch up to the lost afternoon & evening. Because those with diffrent sleeping rythm did not loose out. Which somewhat makes the entire weekend into a chore-fest.

I understamd that there is no suiting time for everyone. But if you have to launch it early morning eu-time: at least do so friday-morning eu and not saturday-morning. Then we can at least have the friday afternoon/evening. It does not help anyone that you let it run through monday: people actually have jobs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinappia said:

My biggest issue with those weekends are the absolute horrible timing. More than 50% of their playerbase is from the EU (or at least on the EU-Servers). They launch these weekends for EU-players somewhere during early saturday-morning. Usually like 4 or 5 am.

This means entire Friday evening & afternoon -> no event and most ppl don't do anything then because the event is incoming and it would be a completle waste. So entire friday afternoon & evening is lost. Also mind that in many european countries you are actually free friday afternoon.

Then you have saturday & sunday u need to just catch up to the lost afternoon & evening. Because those with diffrent sleeping rythm did not loose out. Which somewhat makes the entire weekend into a chore-fest.

I understamd that there is no suiting time for everyone. But if you have to launch it early morning eu-time: at least do so friday-morning eu and not saturday-morning. Then we can at least have the friday afternoon/evening. It does not help anyone that you let it run through monday: people actually have jobs.

Some people can’t play on the weekends either so it will be a good change when they make a Monday-Wednesday event for the weekday people. I think that will improve morale. We definitely need more weekday events

Edited by Realist

the x2 weekends should just be the norm imo.....the basic rates are a wee bit too low.

x3 is nice.

i reckon more peeps are inclined to play on the double rates ect....i know it spurs me on to make certain things i put off.

now roll on that bloody update and its goonie style caves

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hurricane moon said:

the x2 weekends should just be the norm imo.....the basic rates are a wee bit too low.

x3 is nice.

i reckon more peeps are inclined to play on the double rates ect....i know it spurs me on to make certain things i put off.

now roll on that bloody update and its goonie style caves

Even though events don’t lower the population like the other guy said, they also wouldn’t raise the population either. Weekends are higher because most people work during the week. Doubling the rates would make it any different because they are still at work.

the events actually have no outcome for the polutaion in anyway. There are just a nice speed up to have.

people quit because new games come out, Is really nothing to do in this game. powerstone runs are garbage, you just run inside the cave die rinse and repeat until you get to the stone. stupid....

Can spend months building a base/island only for it to be wiped in 10 minutes.

ships getting sunk zoning into another grid because of lag.

tames being killed while in pens by snakes.

nothing to craft, 3 boats that you can build in one day. weak planks. to easy to sink. very unrealistic. you have thatch,wood,and stone.

stone being what everyone uses so wood and thatch aren't even a thought.

should be more tyes of walls and shit.

each having strength and weakness.

canon ball vs stone wall makes sense,but canon vs wood? wood flexs and shouldn't be destroyed as quickly as stone with a canon ball.

but fire, or explosive barrel should do more damage to wood than stone.

if I build a stone wall around my base made of wood, sure you can sit in your ship and shoot canon balls to destroy the stone walls but then your ass is gonna have to come on land and use flames and barrels to destroy the wood walls.

now all you have to do to raid anyone is bring a ship loaded with canons and unload till its all gone then get on bears and maul everything.

game is made by very lazy developers who have done nothing but copy arks code and reskinned it. They don't care about the pc population as it will soon hit consoles and that another 6 months of profits till they realize what we know. its a great marketing technique actually cant hate on them for it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ButtPirate said:

people quit because new games come out, Is really nothing to do in this game. powerstone runs are garbage, you just run inside the cave die rinse and repeat until you get to the stone. stupid....

Can spend months building a base/island only for it to be wiped in 10 minutes.

ships getting sunk zoning into another grid because of lag.

tames being killed while in pens by snakes.

nothing to craft, 3 boats that you can build in one day. weak planks. to easy to sink. very unrealistic. you have thatch,wood,and stone.

stone being what everyone uses so wood and thatch aren't even a thought.

should be more tyes of walls and shit.

each having strength and weakness.

canon ball vs stone wall makes sense,but canon vs wood? wood flexs and shouldn't be destroyed as quickly as stone with a canon ball.

but fire, or explosive barrel should do more damage to wood than stone.

if I build a stone wall around my base made of wood, sure you can sit in your ship and shoot canon balls to destroy the stone walls but then your ass is gonna have to come on land and use flames and barrels to destroy the wood walls.

now all you have to do to raid anyone is bring a ship loaded with canons and unload till its all gone then get on bears and maul everything.

game is made by very lazy developers who have done nothing but copy arks code and reskinned it. They don't care about the pc population as it will soon hit consoles and that another 6 months of profits till they realize what we know. its a great marketing technique actually cant hate on them for it.

Yes, you are very correct on all counts. They think raiding is what makes a game good and unfortunately they are very stupid in that aspect.

its sad really. They are trying to appease very weak human beings at this point. Offline raiding? Megas where numbers rule? I think this is really just jeremy throwing his insecurities into the public. Sure there are a lot of people like Jeremy but man, this is a game. Only the very weak in real life join a mega in game. Truly sad.

i love all of what you said. This game is so focused on Megas it isn’t funny in the slightest. Ah not make wood more viable in certain situations?

they have made so many bad choices that I don’t think they can come back from it.

just think for a second. They made colony servers to combat mega servers. What did they do? They increased the company size. How stupid is that? Why bother going through a wipe and a ptr and then dropping the other server just to turn around and make it almost the same.

these guys are messing up so bad right now. 

10 PEOPLE per company wildcard. Get it through your heads. Don’t be that stupid.

smh. Hopefully there will be more than 1k people on pc once the console release comes out. Smh again 

On 5/26/2019 at 11:10 PM, Daish said:

Helps small company pay for the defense though.

15 hours ago, Realist said:

the events actually have no outcome for the polutaion in anyway. There are just a nice speed up to have.

Are you speaking from your experience of "not owning the game"? 

4 hours ago, Grongash said:

Are you speaking from your experience of "not owning the game"? 

Using that excuse this time was pretty stupid. Anyone can see the steam charts and when the numbers raise and lower 😂

actually in this situation someone that owns the game but doesn’t look at the steam charts would actually know less than someone that doesn’t own the game but does look at steam charts.

but yeah, I do know because both ark and atlas don’t actually see a high increase or decrease from events. The differences are from the time of day and day of the week.

the high point for the day is always around 2 in the afternoon. The low point is always around 2 in the morning. That has been consistent. Weekends always have more people than the weekdays.

the thing with the weekend events is that whether there is an event or not it doesn’t matter. The numbers don’t really increase at all because of an event, but Just because it is the weekend.

@boomervoncannon I don’t think the about me suggestion worked. It was a good suggestion though 😂

For me this game is like that gf none of your friends like and you fail to see what's wrong with her. Let's deal with the fact that the game is a pile of shit, so many people trying it and saying is shit can't be wrong. We are staying, because we are the only ones who happen to like it, but at the moment we get bored of playing, and at some point we will, nobody will come to take our place after us. So i don't think there's just one reason why people is leaving, just that the game is bad.

13 minutes ago, Realist said:

Using that excuse this time was pretty stupid. Anyone can see the steam charts and when the numbers raise and lower 😂

The steamcharts do not provide enough data about distinguishable events to make any of your above assumptions (other than the pointless day/night peaks). Plus you have never actually played the game you keep complaining about. You have no idea how the difference plays out, dont know any people who play it nor do you see the ingame chat and what people talk or complain about. So yeah, literally everyone who logged once is more qualified than you to talk about that topic.

You are however giving a good reason why posting here should be connected to owning the game. Would also fix the spam bot problem.

10 minutes ago, Grongash said:

The steamcharts do not provide enough data about distinguishable events to make any of your above assumptions (other than the pointless day/night peaks). Plus you have never actually played the game you keep complaining about. You have no idea how the difference plays out, dont know any people who play it nor do you see the ingame chat and what people talk or complain about. So yeah, literally everyone who logged once is more qualified than you to talk about that topic.

You are however giving a good reason why posting here should be connected to owning the game. Would also fix the spam bot problem.

All of that is wrong lol steam charts give definitive data. I don’t care about what people talk about in game because it doesn’t really matter.

charts are trends and the charts say that the events have no impact. I don’t really care if you think I am wrong either. I am going off numbers and you are going off opinion and emotion.

if I were to give an opinion though it would be for people not to complain to others in game. It is their choice to play it so they need to deal with it. I am busy on here trying to make this game worth playing when it comes to console.

since I will be buying it I would rather try to change it now instead of waiting for it to come out and then trying to change it. It’s called being pro active and once the game launches I don’t want to be wasting my time on here complaining instead of actually playing the game which is what a lot of people do which is sad.

Edited by Realist

1 minute ago, Realist said:

All of that is wrong lol steam charts give definitive data. I don’t care about what people talk about in game because it doesn’t really matter.

No point to argue with someone who starts out with "wrong lol". Read what i wrote, google it until you get it. Check how to approach that data statistically in a correct way. If you get it and have an actual argument, feel free to drop me a line. Or in your words.. "no, lol".