Sign in to follow this  
owo

Sea travels....boring

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Serious suggestion: You should post an explanation of why you are posting but don't yet own the game in your about me section of your profile, then when the issue comes up you can just say read my profile instead of having to go through it again every time. Alternativly you could just go all curmudgeon and tell people to mind their own @#$%ing business.

In all honesty I would actually do that but the ones the bring it up now already know I don’t own the game lol.

but heck, I’ll actually do it and see how it goes lol

is it creepy to look at peoples thread count? I have never done it so I don’t really know 

I rather enjoy going out and just following the wind and discovering new areas from time to time. I admit the low population doesnt help matters but I like meeting new people and try to go out of my way to greet them.

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Serious suggestion: You should post an explanation of why you are posting but don't yet own the game in your about me section of your profile, then when the issue comes up you can just say read my profile instead of having to go through it again every time. Alternativly you could just go all curmudgeon and tell people to mind their own @#$%ing business.

Ok boomer, I added an about me section with everything they need to know beforehand. Let’s see if it works lol

Edited by Realist

You can post all the solutions you want on here. All they are gonna do is add a couple stupid fukin tames nobody wants.

Games goin in the toilet. Just enjoy the ride.

Let's remove sailing from the game now that its boring because the Ark players are the only ones left playing 

So they can spend more time in game taming. Since the only real content being added is more tames.

Full circle of stupidity goin on in this thread.

Edited by Back Stabbath

45 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

You can post all the solutions you want on here. All they are gonna do is add a couple stupid fukin tames nobody wants.

Let's remove sailing from the game now that its boring because the Ark players are the only ones left playing 

So they can spend more time in game taming. Since the only real content being added is more tames.

I think 30 minutes between islands is a good maximum. That is plenty of sailing really. People might sail to more place if it took 30 minutes or less.

the big mistake they made was making a map this big. Well it’s isnt just the size, it is the land/water ratio that is the problem. With A LOT more land they would be able to keep the size the way it is.

take earth for instance. Plenty of huge land masses and plenty of water as well. The main problem is they wanted to copy and paste the islands to severs so there is just wayyyy too much water.

they should have whole servers that is nothing but land, like continents and have those continents surrounded by a lot of water. They already have a globe as a template.

the map itself is flawed and needs not just more islands but huge land masses for REAL exploration.

as it stands I will just be sailing to the island getting my discovery point and then moving to the next island. I am literally going to do only that for the first week till I level.

now, if they had huge land masses exploration would actually be fun. Discovery points so far into land you would need to prepare for them(save up food/water/a bed/resources) and camp out because the trek would take awhile to get to the very secluded discovery point up top a very high and dangerous mountain.

i could go on forever. But no, I will just be sailing a long to get a point and then moving on and believe me I will never be back because once I figure out the closest islands that have the resources I need then the entire rest of the map will be useless after I get those discovery points. I could probably go a whole year playing and only revisit 6 islands.

having said that, I can’t wait for the game to come out so I can give plenty of in game suggestions for them. The concept of the game is good but the goodness ends there. There needs to be major changes in a big way

Edited by Realist

Most of your suggestions are shit..but you wouldnt know why. Because you dont play 

Which is why I tend to ignore you usually.

I cant imagine what your life is like to post so much on the forums of a game you dont even play.

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

Most of your suggestions are shit..but you wouldnt know why. Because you dont play 

Which is why I tend to ignore you usually.

I cant imagine what your life is like to post so much on the forums of a game you dont even play.

😘 life isn’t too bad. Just waiting till I get laid off when fire season is done so I can game a lot more. I make enough in a quarter to get the rare 5k a month in unemployment so my gaming is pretty stress free.

unfortunately I don’t really have any time to game at all right now which is also why I am glad console release won’t be till later this year. My buddies are always waiting for me to get laid off as well because my wife fills up my weekends so I can’t game on the weekends as well.

you are right though, sometimes I do believe my life sucks because I get so busy I have no “me” time. I do get jealous about people that have alone time. 

One of my buddies has been single for 5 years and I am always telling him how jealous I am that he gets to do what he wants and when he wants.

dont get me wrong, I am grateful for what I have but I do tend to have a little bit of a game addiction. So in that aspect yes my life sucks because I can’t game as much as I would like to.

3 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

Looks like a cool story. Tldr.

Mostly cuz this is a gaming forum.

Then talk about the game instead of me 😂

I was fine talking about the game. Try not to go off topic next time 😉

Post some more cool life stories nobody gives a shit about bro...at least you might have some knowledge in that area.

Nobody will read them .

But at least you wont look so fukin stupid.

1 minute ago, Back Stabbath said:

But at least you wont look so fukin stupid.

Today's hidden keyword is "retrospect". :anchor:

5 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Today's hidden keyword is "retrospect". :anchor:

When you try REALLY hard. But it just doesn't work for you.

Who says sailing is dull?

Tonight, got swallowed by a SOTD, got stuck in its belly, couldn't escape.

Had to hack it from within ...... with a hatchet...

sotd guts.jpg

sotd2.jpg.800ea2b778a282d4af2a1cb8e76d5df7.jpg

Got loot though!   :classic_blink:

sotdloot.jpg

Edited by Vorxius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

We really need a fast travel option between already discovered places, where encounters would put you back into normal mode until you get out of range.

10 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

I really know now that anyone who wasnt an Ark vet, has no place in atlas for sure.

Non- Ark people with their stupid PVE-ish and noobish ideas on how to build defensively, and who think breeding and having many creatures is unnecessary.

Edited by gnihar

4 minutes ago, gnihar said:

We really need a fast travel option between already discovered places, where encounters would put you back into normal mode until you get out of range.

I really know now that anyone who wasnt an Ark vet, has no place in atlas for sure.

Non- Ark people with their stupid PVE-ish and noobish ideas on how to build defensively, who simply do not get that aestethic have no real place in PVP builds, and who think breeding and having many creatures is unnecessary.

Fuck are you ever babbling nonsence…. put the wine bottle down bro.

2 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

Fuck are you ever babbling nonsence…. put the wine bottle down bro.

Name 1 thing that I wrote wrong.

Yes devs listen even more to the ark player base. As you can see. Your game is blossoming.

You are a pve player bro. You just don't realize it.

Ark players who think they can pvp are the biggest fukin joke going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why do you Not Use the Time on the Sean to learn Play the Instruments Ort Carry enough paint Or Pütz a dummy on the deck to Train your Skills you just have to be Creative 

I put a chair on my deck near the side and I keep a fishing pole preloaded with sap so if I have someone traveling with me they can choose to fish if they would like.

Edited by KPAuburn

Accelerated travel to known places is a solution. Not instant travel, just 3-5x faster.

On 5/26/2019 at 9:53 PM, owo said:

Hi and sorry for my english i'l try to do my best.

I play on EU PvE, actually we spend the most of our time on the sea and the sea is really boring.

We spend many hours on our ship with nothing to do. 
Please wilcard try to do something, i do know how (minigame, quest,  craft etc...).

No idea how u play this game O.o I will never get bored on the sea cause  always some SoD arround to fight and boxes on water  to loot also alot treasures to collect form islands 🙂

game is boring if u play  boring 🙂

Please devs remove minigames at game those are really boring ...

Edited by Hexaron

Sea travel's not boring really, but I do hate fog and rain when sailing.

Example, I was sailing in lovely weather, reached the grid border, passed over into next grid when suddenly I enter a horrible storm of rain and wind and SoD's nearby. That sort of thing I hate.

Every time I get fog at sea I feel like an SoD is going to appear right in front of me because the fog is so thick and close. Thought they'd take the hint from Ark, but sadly not.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 2:53 PM, owo said:

Hi and sorry for my english i'l try to do my best.

I play on EU PvE, actually we spend the most of our time on the sea and the sea is really boring.

We spend many hours on our ship with nothing to do. 
Please wilcard try to do something, i do know how (minigame, quest,  craft etc...).

Are you nuts?  If you are bored at sea, it's your own fault.  There are many mini-games at sea.

• SotD to fight, or avoid (fog makes this tense)
  • Flotsam to get
  • Sunken Treasure to get
  • Whales to kill
  • Seaweed to get (after getting sunken treasure.)
  • Stars to capture with the Sextant
  • Islands to land on and discover
  • Maps to gather while sailing around islands
  • cyclones to avoid
  • And an actual GHOST ship...a galleon...to fight.
  • Then there is the trench, subs, squids, crabs, etc...

If anything, it gets to be too much, especially when you are just trying to get those resources, or tames, back to your base, and don't want a bunch of obstacles in the way. 

Forgot to mention that repair minigames, which need to be done, regularly, while sailing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Are you nuts?  If you are bored at sea, it's your own fault.  There are many mini-games at sea.

• SotD to fight, or avoid (fog makes this tense)
  • Flotsam to get
  • Sunken Treasure to get off the ship
  • Whales to kill
  • Seaweed to get (after getting sunken treasure.) off the ship
  • Stars to capture with the Sextant once every 1500-7200 seconds
  • Islands to land on and discover off the ship
  • Maps to gather while sailing around islands off the ship
  • cyclones to avoid
  • And an actual GHOST ship...a galleon...to fight. only in certain grids, and takes planning
  • Then there is the trench, subs, squids, crabs, etc...off the ship

If anything, it gets to be too much, especially when you are just trying to get those resources, or tames, back to your base, and don't want a bunch of obstacles in the way. 

Forgot to mention that repair minigames, which need to be done, regularly, while sailing.

while sailing, especially if there are 3, 4, 5+ people on the ship, it gets dull. it's fun for the driver maybe, but that's why when i need to get from point A to point B i watch something.

1 minute ago, trqfreak350 said:

while sailing, especially if there are 3, 4, 5+ people on the ship, it gets dull. it's fun for the driver maybe, but that's why when i need to get from point A to point B i watch something.

Put your stuff in a locker on the ship, and then fast travel back to the base and do other things.  Just the driver, and maybe one person to repair in the event of an attack, or SotD shooting at you.  If you are needed on the ship, or when it gets to the destination, then fast travel back to it, and get your stuff out of the locker.

Alternatively, maybe you could place a chair down on the back of the ship, and fish.