Sign in to follow this  
FlayAllster

Music Buffs

I went to mine for treasures on level 18-24 maps.
To increase the prey I decided to use songs to increase gold.

For an hour I tried to play a Hard song.
Having decided that I still don't have enough musical talent, I decided to take a Medium-level song.
It’s really simpler, but that didn’t stop me from spending about another hour ...
In the end, I played a song of the easy level, took the loot and swam away with a rather strange feeling:

That playing a song is harder than killing a boss or sinking a squadron of enemy ships.

I do not deny that I am not the greatest musician:
But do not you think that the complexity of the music buffs is very high?
All the skills from the music skills tree, practically do not help - except for one.
But he is very weak.

Perhaps there is a way to make it easier to use songs and I just didn’t notice it?
Or maybe developers really need to reduce the complexity of music buffs, because the bonuses they provide are something “pleasant” rather than “significant”. (x1.1 easy, x1.2medium, x1.3hard - i not talk about 6ppl play x1.4hard)

The first time you play the hard music is brutal.  Plus there are bugs on some where if you miss one note it fails every note after even if you hit them right.  But as with anything that develops muscle memory the more you do them the easier they get.  I can knock out most hard songs with one missed note.  

Keep playing accordian hero and start easy, get that down, move up to medium, then hard.  Lag is the biggest issue I've found lately. 

With the tame buff active taming is a lot easier, so buff doesnt seem to be as big but it does help.  Gold buff is nice, but again not seeing is having as big a bonus as the taming.  Not sure on reload time song or some of the others. 

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Remcott said:

Plus there are bugs on some where if you miss one note it fails every note after even if you hit them right. 

This happens when you have people dancing around you. If you have one person dancing, one mistake will count as two. Two people dancing and it will count as four. Three or more and one error is an instant fail.

Pretty sure it's a bug, as I'm under the impression that people dancing is supposed to increase the number of errors you're allowed instead of reducing the number.

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2019 at 6:47 AM, Kidori said:

This happens when you have people dancing around you. If you have one person dancing, one mistake will count as two. Two people dancing and it will count as four. Three or more and one error is an instant fail.

Pretty sure it's a bug, as I'm under the impression that people dancing is supposed to increase the number of errors you're allowed instead of reducing the number.

A new bug? Last time it was pretty much easier to play when I had 5 mates dancing around me. As it's written in the description.

Newish, wasn't always that way but it's been like that for a while now, not sure exactly which patch it popped up on.

Since it's been like that I started packing some pistols in my music box. People get shot for dancing while I'm trying to play a hard gold song.

Edited by Kidori
  • Haha 3

i see ppl use macro programs for auto-play songs...... :classic_huh:

Developers.... its not srly.

Edited by FlayAllster

1 hour ago, Kidori said:

Newish, wasn't always that way but it's been like that for a while now, not sure exactly which patch it popped up on.

Since it's been like that I started packing some pistols in my music box. People get shot for dancing while I'm trying to play a hard gold song.

This post brings joy to my heart for the wonderful mental images it provokes.  Kudos.

Playing music is rewarding, I cried the first time I completed a mockatoo once told me in hard mode, after practicing 5 hours. I will recommend the dev to add milliseconds to the music  between notes randomly for avoid players using macros ( the macros fail when you lag, because it adds milliseconds to your music). I find it easier play the hard music by myself than a macro ( because of my laggy computer or internet), with a macro you have 0 chance of recover in the middle of the song if you lag, but playing it by yourself have higher chance of success. Once you master a mockatoo once told me, all the other hard music is easy mode. ( except drums I hate them because the space button is unnatural. And you lose the music if you lag ( happend often). I  can play a mockatoo hard mode 4 times in a row without failing the song.

Edited by Emanuel a

Forget it. I will not learn to play. I do not find it appealing at all. Is there a legit macro for it?