Sign in to follow this  
Kast

3x Weekend Hosing Taming/Imprinting

While the 3x this weekend is great, it's causing issues with taming/imprinting. Specifically, tames mature 3x as fast as normal, but the imprinting interval is 1x. So, basically it's not possible to get the max number of imprints before the tame fully matures and the tames end up with less than optimal stats.

Edited by Kast

1 hour ago, Kast said:

While the 3x this weekend is great, it's causing issues with taming/imprinting. Specifically, tames mature 3x as fast as normal, but the imprinting interval is 1x. So, basically it's not possible to get the max number of imprints before the tame fully matures and the tames end up with less than optimal stats.

then wait till its not 3x no more lol 

Starting breeding a bear at the beginning of the 3x. I got 100% imprint on the first imprint, while the bear was at 57% maturation.

Haven't tried the faster-maturing animals yet but for those I'd just wait until after the weekend.

Edited by Kidori

imprinting re-normalizes to the speed of maturation, so it should be ok, EXCEPT if the animal was already in flight when the bonus was rolled out.  then, since the timers don't update, it can leave you unable to finish imprints.

• Like 1

We have bred 2 new bears today and each individual imprint was full 100% instead of 20%

4 hours ago, Archsenex said:

imprinting re-normalizes to the speed of maturation, so it should be ok, EXCEPT if the animal was already in flight when the bonus was rolled out.  then, since the timers don't update, it can leave you unable to finish imprints.

That was it. The bears in question were started before the update. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Tenosch said:

I hope they will keep 3x breeding weekends! Its just awesome

I agree, or at least do it more often besides the usual harvesting etc! Although it still takes hours and hours from the start until full maturity, it's actually doable for players like me who can't spend that much time on the game. I'm having a blast these last days with the breeding and searching for new potential breeding candidates. I completely forgot (and couldn't care less) about the boring resource gathering, which I'm normally doing on these weekends.

Breeding is so fast, when I was on a short trip away from base, even my guard bears had time to do the sexy thing and gave birth without me noticing lol. rip that little one.

WzRyY6p.png

I'd like it if they rotated the bonuses.  Gather one, xp another, breeding a third.  Let's us focus the herd a bit better.

Edited by Archsenex

31 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

I'd like it if they rotated the bonuses.  Gather one, xp another, breeding a third.  Let's us focus the herd a bit better.

Luckily they said they were going to rotate days as well so sometimes it will be during the week. This is actually a smart move on their part. They got a lot of crap from only doing events on the weekends with ark.

good to see them making a smart decision this time