Sign in to follow this  
Dollie

PTR Update and Magic Mythos 3x

Ahoy Pathfinders

We've had our heads down and just wanted to give you a quick update on where we're at with our upcoming Public Test Realm and major version release!

Public Test Realm

The team has been running the latest update through its paces via our internal testing and bug fixing prior to releasing it to all of you on the PTR for more wide-scale extensive testing.  We've found the Public Test realm to be highly beneficial for our team thanks to your enthusiasm in helping us to identify issues and bugs. 

We're excited to relaunch the PTR next week prior to the update officially launching on our main network. We will keep you posted in regards to the exact date!

large.Dungeon_2.jpg

Magic Mythos Event

We will be holding a special Magic Mythos Event in tandem with the extended weekend from now until Tuesday. Bonus 3x rates across the ATLAS to EXP, harvesting, taming, gold, crop growth, and as a special bonus, breeding and raising creatures!

We really appreciate your patience and look forward to sharing all our Mega Update has to offer with you!

:wheel:

View full article

Please add code to finish any currently in flight imprints when a bonus is enabled.  It kills in flight imprints since the baby matures before the imprint timer is up.

11 minutes ago, FlayAllster said:

"Magic Mythos 3x" now every weekends or only once?

if the population will dropping this way - you'll definitely meet x6

• Haha 1

so almsot the end of the month and no PTR or date for the update. guess you missed another ETA?

LOL, one page of comments now. That is all they are pulling in? And to think, all they had to do was actually listen to their fans for guidance on how the game should have been developed and what items/aspects the game needed but NO, they chose to ignore us and add in crap we never asked for...

The game ended for me once all of my ships were always easily sunk each and every night. I have no interest in wasting away my everyday farming just to watch it all get sunk while I am offline. The game really went downhill for me once they added 20-minute timers on our cannons when always before they could be used instantaneously. Pretty fucking dumb in PVP game!

Getting sad, RIP Atlas!

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, vaylain said:

LOL, one page of comments now. That is all they are pulling in? And to think, all they had to do was actually listen to their fans for guidance on how the game should have been developed and what items/aspects the game needed but NO, they chose to ignore us and add in crap we never asked for...

The game ended for me once all of my ships were always easily sunk each and every night. I have no interest in wasting away my everyday farming just to watch it all get sunk while I am offline. The game really went downhill for me once they added 20-minute timers on our cannons when always before they could be used instantaneously. Pretty fucking dumb in PVP game!

Getting sad, RIP Atlas!

And they add in this ice cave when everyone knows it will consist of naked players running to the end of it trying to pull aggro so everyone can finish it because this game has the worst combat mechanics ever.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ButtPirate said:

And they add in this ice cave when everyone knows it will consist of naked players running to the end of it trying to pull aggro so everyone can finish it because this game has the worst combat mechanics ever.

should make the ice cave an instance

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grizz87 said:

should make the ice cave an instance

Yes I agree with you, they should have learned from the sadly implemented, "Fountain of Youth" quest and made this Ice cave an instanced dungeon.

Edited by vaylain

3 hours ago, vaylain said:

Yes I agree with you, they should have learned from the sadly implemented, "Fountain of Youth" quest and made this Ice cave an instanced dungeon.

The "Fountain of Youth" quest is a temporary fix until they get the perma-death and baby system finished. 

1 hour ago, Sydhart said:

The "Fountain of Youth" quest is a temporary fix until they get the perma-death and baby system finished. 

No it is not a temporary fix.

The intention is for players to have several ways to avoid perma-death, and the FoY is one of those, always has been.

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

No it is not a temporary fix.

The intention is for players to have several ways to avoid perma-death, and the FoY is one of those, always has been.

What is your source for this information?

I don't recall the Fountain of Youth EVER being mentioned in the reveal live stream or early talk about features but real time aging and the Heirs/Mating/Offspring/Children were. The problem was the the Heirs/Offspring system isn't finished yet and it only takes a few months to hit age 100 (perma-death age). They removed the death at 100 because the Heirs/Mating/Offspring/Children wasn't ready. The FoY came out in Mid January (a few months after the game when people were beginning to hit 90) as a "fix" to old age because many people were complaining about the debuff and cosmetic looks of old age.

Now that doesn't mean they may not keep it but it's the Heirs/Mating/Offspring/Children that is the method for avoiding perma-death and having to start over. 

5 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

I don't recall the Fountain of Youth EVER being mentioned in the reveal live stream or early talk about features but real time aging and the Heirs/Mating/Offspring/Children were. The problem was the the Heirs/Offspring system isn't finished yet and it only takes a few months to hit age 100 (perma-death age). They removed the death at 100 because the Heirs/Mating/Offspring/Children wasn't ready. The FoY came out in Mid January (a few months after the game when people were beginning to hit 90) as a "fix" to old age because many people were complaining about the debuff and cosmetic looks of old age.

Now that doesn't mean they may not keep it but it's the Heirs/Mating/Offspring/Children that is the method for avoiding perma-death and having to start over. 

As I stated way back then and I will state it once more, I strongly detest the whole OLD-AGE system. We don't play MMOs to become or appear old and decrepit. it is a complete and utter waste of time and effort. They should drop it and work on real and important aspects of the game that really needs their attention.

Edited by vaylain

8 minutes ago, vaylain said:

As I stated way back then and I will state it once more, I strongly detest the whole OLD-AGE system. We don't play MMOs to become or appear old and decrepit. it is a complete and utter waste of time and effort. They should drop it and work on real and important aspects of the game that really needs their attention.

I'm not a fan of it either. For one thing, the aging system and the in-game day and night cycle are not even REMOTELY close. They need to slow the aging system way down to sync with in-game days.

Also, from what conversations I've heard about the new mating and heirs system I'm not sure I'm going to like that either. 

2 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

I'm not a fan of it either. For one thing, the aging system and the in-game day and night cycle are not even REMOTELY close. They need to slow the aging system way down to sync with in-game days.

Also, from what conversations I've heard about the new mating and heirs system I'm not sure I'm going to like that either. 

I know where they were trying to go with this but due to lag, erratic AI, bugs, exploits, and server disconnect there are just too many ways to die beyond our control, therefore, punishing us with an increment of aging upon our demise is a silly notion and goes beyond realism.

1 hour ago, Sydhart said:

Here's one example of an interview with Grapeshot in December, before the game even released where they mention the Fountain of Youth as one method of avoiding old age death.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/12/19/atlas-pirate-mmo-developer-interview/

As I said, it has always been planned. Human breeding hasn't been implemented yet, no idea when it will be, but FoY was not an adhoc "fix" for old age. If it was then they would just have disabled old age affects like they ended up doing, rather than creating a quest around it.

They've stated in interviews that they want various options to avoid old age death so that people aren't forced down one route, as that would be unfair towards solo players if they were forced down the human breeding route.

3 minutes ago, grzegorz131 said:

Why you are deleting posts? Its only few posts and you still need to delete truth?

What do you mean?

~Lotus

If you remove the beds and everything connected with them, the game will play with new colors! For example, you can put only one recoilless bed at the base / island and you can be resurrected on it in case of death. No beds on ships and transfers from bed to bed!

1 hour ago, SV TOLK said:

If you remove the beds and everything connected with them, the game will play with new colors! For example, you can put only one recoilless bed at the base / island and you can be resurrected on it in case of death. No beds on ships and transfers from bed to bed!

No beds on ships? You trying to kill the game further?

People die whilst sailing in another grid, they have to spawn back at base and use another ship to go get their other ship, yet won't be able to sail both ships back together? Therefore resulting in abandoned ships increasing.

People sail to Golden Age Ruins to use the FoY, they die during a FoY attempt and have to spawn back at base.

I don't think you've though that idea through.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

No beds on ships? You trying to kill the game further?

People die whilst sailing in another grid, they have to spawn back at base and use another ship to go get their other ship, yet won't be able to sail both ships back together? Therefore resulting in abandoned ships increasing.

People sail to Golden Age Ruins to use the FoY, they die during a FoY attempt and have to spawn back at base.

I don't think you've though that idea through.

Thanks for that link. I looked and looked and could not dig anything up. I'm just glad they adjusted the Fountain quest so there was more than 1 and it wasn't in a random location. Right now it's a little too easy so some tuning could be done but the original iteration was not thought out well. I think it would be cool if they were located within the ruins area of each island and not in the caves. Then you wouldn't have the same stupid lemming run issue like we do with Powerstones. You'd have to sneak or fight your way to it.