Sign in to follow this  
Ichor

How would you fix it?

Just a general discussion topic really, but I am a PVE player who has an interest in PVP and have been watching the compaints about the various aspects of PVP in atlas. From megas ruining things, to offline raiding amongst other things. How do you think it should be fixed?  I am not talking about cheaters and exploiters, everyone knows they are trash and should be banned. But what kinda systems or ideas would you think improve the PVP scene?

Personally I think it would take a lot of doing, but larger factions or nations would be a step in the right direction, that way you can atleast have a starting alliance with players within your nation. Maybe have lawless sectors in which opposing nations can hide out, and a larger no - mans land like area where anything goes. Maybe have a trader faction for those who are into that kind of thing. It would take a lot of work, but I could see it working if done right.

maybe have some sort of competition to hold more colonies in the no-mans lands sectors than the other factions/nations. winner at the end of the month get some cosmetic or something IDK.

What ideas do you guys have?

34 minutes ago, Ichor said:

Just a general discussion topic really, but I am a PVE player who has an interest in PVP and have been watching the compaints about the various aspects of PVP in atlas. From megas ruining things, to offline raiding amongst other things. How do you think it should be fixed?  I am not talking about cheaters and exploiters, everyone knows they are trash and should be banned. But what kinda systems or ideas would you think improve the PVP scene?

Personally I think it would take a lot of doing, but larger factions or nations would be a step in the right direction, that way you can atleast have a starting alliance with players within your nation. Maybe have lawless sectors in which opposing nations can hide out, and a larger no - mans land like area where anything goes. Maybe have a trader faction for those who are into that kind of thing. It would take a lot of work, but I could see it working if done right.

maybe have some sort of competition to hold more colonies in the no-mans lands sectors than the other factions/nations. winner at the end of the month get some cosmetic or something IDK.

What ideas do you guys have?

No land ownership whatsoever. Everyone complains about the “build anywhere” style I always preach about so yeah. You don’t own land and you don’t have to worry about losing land.

you rent the land from the server/devs/grid whatever you want to call it. You don’t pay then you lose it. Laziness will not he rewarded.

at the same time no player can take it from you(as they shouldn’t).

its that simple. The whole losing months in minutes crap is getting old and even though that might be part of a survival game, that is definitely the opposite of an mmo. I have been telling these amateurs for awhile now they will not be successful if they try to do both.

if they want to “fix” this game they will choose between survival or mmo. They have nowhere near the skill to pull off both. My proof? Go look at the steam charts 😂

I would start by removing the cheesy stuff that makes no sense.  No more taming lions, tigers, bears, crabs, or liquid flame firehoses.  Then focus on balancing the armor, firearms, bows, and melee weapons to feel right and actually be lethal.  After that, ships would get all the love that tames get from the current regime.  

11 minutes ago, DocOlds said:

I would start by removing the cheesy stuff that makes no sense.  No more taming lions, tigers, bears, crabs, or liquid flame firehoses.  Then focus on balancing the armor, firearms, bows, and melee weapons to feel right and actually be lethal.  After that, ships would get all the love that tames get from the current regime.  

Nononononono!

We need tames!

14 minutes ago, DocOlds said:

Greek fire was an actual thing though. https://www.britannica.com/technology/Greek-fire

16 minutes ago, DocOlds said:

4 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Nononononono!

We need tames!

Yeah I don’t like @Puppies4ever in the slightest but I happen to love tames as well. Even though in Conan the tames didn’t gather I still became very partial to my saber tooth.

in order to get rid of tames you would need to get rid of the survival aspect as a whole, which I am also fine with but until you no longer build bases or boats, you need tames, plain and simple 

Greek fire was a thing, the firehose we have in atlas does not resemble that thing.

How does removing the cheesy tames force the removal of the survival aspect, ships or bases?  I'm not following the logic.

5 hours ago, Ichor said:

Just a headsup - I am by no means a fan of the current state of the game and I have huge complains about some things the devs are currently doing. But to this specific question:

I think it would be good if people would actually try PvP themself instead of beliving every single complain.

Many complains here comes from people that either do not understand some mechanics correctly (as example the guy who screamed bug because he could not use a fresh placed cannon on land to defend his base - when in fact this has been the case since the start of 1.5 on land on every cannon and is for everyone the case) or they try to play the game in a way it is not ment to be played and then complain about it (example the guy that cried bug with high lvl treasuremap because the mobs "disappear to fast" when in fact he is doing it solo without any tame and simplay fails the dps-test of the high lvl map. And instead of accepting that there is a dps-test for this high quality he demands the game to change but does not want to change his gamestyle).
And not just start once and give up. Put effort in playing the game like it is envisioned to be played by the devs - and then complain:

1) claim your own Island (and there are enough Islands unclaimed right now) or
2) settle on an Island with a good landlord. A good landlord will offer low taxes, protection and search for one that has a peace-timer that works with your rythm.
There is NO offline-raiding if u actually play like intendet. There are a lot of good landlords if ppl would actually bother to look. low taxes, most of the time there is a protected harbour you can park your ships in and the island is protected. You don't have to bother with politics or defence - just do whatever you want to do. You know why you never read from happy settlers? Because they are bussy playing.

I think many ppl diregarded the Island-claim-system without ever really trying it. I remember reading a complain from someone about the system with the reason they had to join the company of the landlord caus the landlord did not want to ally up. How is that the devs fault? Simply do NOT build on an Island with shitty landlord. Go to a diffrent Island.
But if we are honest this seems to be main issues of many complains here: people want a specific Island, but do not admit it. And all the complains and suggested changes should grant them this one island. As long the core issue people have is something like this - we will never gonna be at a point people are happy. Because every Island just excist once, no matter what.

Another point that would actually help - if devs would stick to their words and actually punish bug abuser & cheaters.

With the xp-exploit they have been reacting way to soft and also punished people that was not doing it. Instead of sticking to their words and not only ban the exploiters themself but the entire company. Why did they not do this? People bug abused from lvl 50 to 150 and sitt now on lvl 100 laffing their asses off! This is by no means a competitive enviroment. This bad reaction of the devs have led to many people simply leaving the game. And others publicly saying here on the forum from now on they will bug abuse as well since there are clearly no consequences. The devs have created a huge messe here and it makes me wonder if they plan to use this mess to justify another wipe.

• Like 3

Allow PvE mercenaries.

PvPs host up moneys to get PvErs to join them in a battle - PvEr Qs in, gets sent to a random PvP battle, and gets paid based on how much damage they took, dealt and the size of the ship they sent from a pool the PvPers put up before hand. Up to 50% of ships can be PvErs in a war at the most, so that someone can't just wage war with 100% mercenaries, and PvErs can't select their battle to prevent people from exploiting PvE as a safe space.

Any gold is sent to the PvErs bank, any losses are permanent - if the ship sinks, it sinks in PvP for the winner to take, but since damage is compensated the PvErs gets some gold.

1 hour ago, gadefence said:

Allow PvE mercenaries.

PvPs host up moneys to get PvErs to join them in a battle - PvEr Qs in, gets sent to a random PvP battle, and gets paid based on how much damage they took, dealt and the size of the ship they sent from a pool the PvPers put up before hand. Up to 50% of ships can be PvErs in a war at the most, so that someone can't just wage war with 100% mercenaries, and PvErs can't select their battle to prevent people from exploiting PvE as a safe space.

Any gold is sent to the PvErs bank, any losses are permanent - if the ship sinks, it sinks in PvP for the winner to take, but since damage is compensated the PvErs gets some gold.

I really like this idea!

From my point of view:

1. make land defense npc cannons shoot farther to outrange large cannons fired from ships if placed higher than the ship

2. make puckles shoot further to outrange cannon carts

3. disallow the ability of a blackjack to dismount and stunlock a tame

4. lower the throw range of a grenade by 50%

5. make puckle bullets 50% more deadly in raw damage

Edited by gnihar

To add to this:

- allow puckle npc to auto reload back to 5 every time no enemy in range for 10 seconds

Edited by gnihar