Sign in to follow this  
Chucksteak

The Community's Justice

The Community's Justice  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the most appropriate repercussion for cheating/exploiting.

• Permanent Account Ban
    • Temp Account Ban
    • Character wipe / Dev wipe, no ban
    • Nothing
    • Reward them with lvl 100

With the recent events again pushing cheating and exploiting into the forefront, I was wanting to get a feel for what the community thinks. As for me, for some unknown reason, I thought that when the dev's said they were actually going to be hard on people who cheat/exploit, they meant it. 

LOL

Currently, as far as I can tell, they all got rewarded by getting lvl 100 after massively cheating/exploiting.

Personally I would like to see Perm Bans on all these people. However I am not without reason, and this is EA after all, where we are supposed to find the holes. However abusing these is NOT the point of EA. Punishment SHOULD be dealt out. 

Where do you sit?

I assume you mean cheating as exploiting game mechanics to give an unfair advantage. Character wipe and wipe all duped/exploited items.

If you are referring to cheating as hacking, permanent ban.

You should clarify because cheating generally means hacking, not exploiting.

This thread sucks dick.

I've chimed in on the fact that they lost some levels and that's really all, there are AAA developers that punish much harsher for blatant exploitation of game mechanics, WoW and saronite bombs, on the lich king is a great example.

in addition to the temporary ban, all items and achievements they gained from downing Arthas have been revoked. Before the ban (but after the hotfix), Ensidia put up a post claiming that they didn't think the bombs were an exploit; Blizzard obviously isn't buying it.

Edited by trqfreak350

6 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

With the recent events again pushing cheating and exploiting into the forefront, I was wanting to get a feel for what the community thinks. As for me, for some unknown reason, I thought that when the dev's said they were actually going to be hard on people who cheat/exploit, they meant it. 

LOL

Currently, as far as I can tell, they all got rewarded by getting lvl 100 after massively cheating/exploiting.

Personally I would like to see Perm Bans on all these people. However I am not without reason, and this is EA after all, where we are supposed to find the holes. However abusing these is NOT the point of EA. Punishment SHOULD be dealt out. 

Where do you sit?

Even though I would usually say a perm ban, I voted for nothing.

these lazy devs need to be held accountable even more so than the players that are exploiting. 

There is no excuse for them to not have gm’s on their servers.

my favorite excuse from white knights “it costs money though right?” And they also said before “they made so much money from ark that they have plenty of it” if that was the situation they were facing.

to be honest I would love it if they were using arks success for this game. This will be a good lesson learned after they use up all of their successful money on such a failure. Jeremy probably hasn’t been humble a day in his life and it is time that day comes bye cause it really doesn’t natter if you think 5k is a steady base(hopefully you aren’t that stupid) because even with 4 years ark is still averaging 33k players. That really just makes atlas crap 💩 lol

nope it’s not because it EA, becyark has stayed almost 10 times higher the whole 4 years. I really laugh when people say “the devs said they aren’t worried about numbers right now” of course they aren’t. They had to come up with some excuse. These numbers are dismal 😂

if people think the numbers will raise by even 1k after release they are just stupid. It really doesn’t matter what changes they do. People expect d a huge rise when ark officially released and it was very minimal. Thank god they already had high numbers.

tmoeta take a quick look. Before the wipe happened they were are 3k average(including weekends which is the peak) once the wipe happened they got up to close to 6k average. This month there was actually even more. Now they are cutting into the 2,700 they actually gained which can’t be considered a gain at all.

they don’t actually have any major plans. If you hadn’t noticed, this is ark and they have just sped up the timeline.

first they made 2x gathering which took them over a year for. Second they made tames increased gathering and weight reduction which was about two years in. Now they are already pushing out “tek” which was very late in the ark game. They are struggling. They thought tek would be good because they got more sales in ark. It isn’t happening the same way.

tek doesn’t belong here at all and they will very soon realize that 😉