Sign in to follow this  
Myrmidon

Merge PvP and PvE

On 5/24/2019 at 10:16 AM, Lotus said:

Why would they add a penalty for grouping? It's an MMO -_-

~Lotus

Every MMO has a limit for groupsizes for the diffrent activitys. That dungeons has a 6 player grouplimit, this Raid 12 player, even the battlegrounds have a playerlimit and so on. EVERYTHING in any MMO has defined groupsizes.

You are actually saying with this sentence that this very core function of MMOs is not MMO?

And if we continue with this analogy - the people that keep pushing of increasing company size = asking to bring 3times the people that are allowed for a 24-man-Raid. This is freaking easy mode.

There is nothing wrong with the people pointing out that the devs should stick to their word an actually enforce the groupsizes they promissed with the launch of colonie-system.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Derfel said:

oh im not saying lose the tames by any means..they are a vital part of the game...
just perhaps instead of adding more and more tamable creatures , consider frigates..or something new and exciting that takes it away from the ark clone mindset

Oh yeah they definitely need more ships. I don’t think there is one person that would argue with you on that one lol

3 hours ago, Sinappia said:

Every MMO has a limit for groupsizes for the diffrent activitys. That dungeons has a 6 player grouplimit, this Raid 12 player, even the battlegrounds have a playerlimit and so on. EVERYTHING in any MMO has defined groupsizes.

You are actually saying with this sentence that this very core function of MMOs is not MMO?

And if we continue with this analogy - the people that keep pushing of increasing company size = asking to bring 3times the people that are allowed for a 24-man-Raid. This is freaking easy mode.

There is nothing wrong with the people pointing out that the devs should stick to their word an actually enforce the groupsizes they promissed with the launch of colonie-system.

Alright so I just woke up to do imprints but saw this post. I could just be tired still. I want you to take this constructively.

Your post makes me think of a high school english paper. The kid tries to make it seem more sophisticated but, ends up losing clarity to the point it doesn't make sense.

Maybe I just need you to show me the analogy in your post cause I'm tired. Anyway...

When you talk about group size you could be talking about 2 things. So for party size yes in all games it does have a limit (to my knowledge atleast, eve seemed to have some huge battle vids though I never got that far). A group in lets say WoW for world bosses in vanilla could be multiple raid groups.

4 hours ago, Sinappia said:

? 🤔 ? -_-?? wat?

5 hours ago, Sinappia said:

Does company size = raid size?

What was promised?

So company limit is 75. Alliance limit is 10 . (If it's the same as PvE). So if we invite just that then raid size = 750? 🤔

Odds of them all being on for an attack is low so they bring who they can, the one alliance brings who they can. This is not a battle ground it's an open world PvP system. I think they would do better with instanced combat.

Why would they add a penalty for grouping? It's an MMO -_- 

~Lotus 

This was in response to basically as 1 person I should be able to do significant damage to a much larger group.

So as a tribe of 1/75 you should be able to inflict substantial damage to 75/75.

@Nutcutt3r said it best when he talked about people wanting an accommodations  when they play alone by choice.

So for your example of group limits. What MMO's have it set up in PvP that you can enter solo and gain the ability to fight with as much strength as a group?

~Lotus

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Realist said:

The only example of any importance was wow. Yes, wow was awesome and nothing can compare to it lol. Yeah I am serious. Wow was by far the most successful mmo ever. Not just by time but by numbers as wel.

Dude you cant just discount all legitimate AAA mmo titles becuase they dont support your argument. 

Those were all, by any measure successfull MMOs for thier day and all mixed pvp and pve.

16 hours ago, Lotus said:

I understand where the lack of communication is now.

What I am saying is there's not really a successful game that has PvE combined with PvP where PvE players are happy and able to remain a smaller faction. The upkeep of running a large army in this game is crew maintaining so many ships and coordinating them. (It is awful on PvE and from what I saw on PvP the bigger tribes didn't even like doing it.)

The exchange of one thing for another is to turn something into an advantage. The advantage in this game is to trade your small community lifestyle to become a number in a big tribe. The risk is things like the guy that put up the racist sign in another thread and now his tribe is getting punished.

I was speaking of mechanics that should exist. Your speaking of social interactions and drawbacks to other people.

Turning something into an advantage should, mechanically, turn something else into a disadvantage.

I join a big group, the upkeep should raise exponentially becuase i now CAN harvest 100k resource in no time. I stay small, I cant do that, but in return i have minimal upkeep cost. 

Do you understand about what im taking about with a game mechanic or system that initiates balance?

And again yes,  hell yes, there are many many successful titles that combine PvP and PvE lol. This is just a fact.

Ark isnt one if them. Ark sucks, Ark is not an MMORPG. Ark is a terrible use of the UR4 engine. In fact whoever thought up the IDEA of one grid, with 70 people, who can teleport to another grid that is completely separate, and max out server count as a PVP tactic is a...

FUCKING RETARD.

Yes let me spend another hour trying to logg in becuase that is a good meta.....

Trying to make Atlas more like Ark is a retarded idea as well. 

The idea of Megas, is a retarded idea. If you dont understand that, whoever i am refering to at this point, you are just bad at math. As in please have somone else in charge of your finances bad (at the very least the retirement accounts).

#learn2math

33 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Dude you cant just discount all legitimate AAA mmo titles becuase they dont support your argument. 

Those were all, by any measure successfull MMOs for thier day and all mixed pvp and pve.

Ok, I will be more clear. This is wildcards fan base. Their pvp and pve will never mix. I was speaking on this game and the pve people hate the pvp people and vice versa.