Sign in to follow this  
Zadira

Collision a problem for unofficial?

The admin on our server is hesitant about allowing collision on our pve/pvp server because he understands that there can be problems on the pvp side?  Does anyone know any official word on the subject?  

We are not able to use the fence foundations because big holes are at the bottom the fence.  That is besides all the other collision problems.  I sure would like to be able to build a nice fence on our unofficial server but if it is causing problems, I guess I will have to make do.

• Like 1

As I understand it, the major problem is people living under the mesh, or building small bases under the mesh, to hide their most important stuff.  A server admin can combat this by occasionally doing an inspection...using spectator mode, which allows him to move very quickly around the world, even under the mesh, where things of this nature would stand out. 

As I understand, ARK solved that problem...something that detects people living/building under the mesh.

• Like 1

The under-grid building is definitely something to keep an eye on, but does enabling no-collision building still allow someone to build into land they do not own?

I feel like if no collision caused a problem, we would have heard about it by now. It might have been a problem at the beginning of Atlas but I wonder if the problem has been fixed now.