Sign in to follow this  
HM7

The New Red Alert ..

After a long time i finally made a ship with cannons again. when i last made one a few months ago i was easily able to switch my crew from one side of cannons to the other side with using red alert, whistle passive so they wont jump off to punch a shark and then press right shift with the other side of cannons selected to have them man the other side (i had to manually seat them at the cannons in every new sector before to made that happen, annoying but ok).

But with the strange changes to red alert a few patches ago this is only possible with an insane delay making it basically useless in battle..

i always wanted to be able to change them from one side to the other with selecting the side on the hotbar and then simple press a button to make them go over but not only you not give that to me, you also fuck up the long-winded workaround i figured out to not have double the crew to man the cannons

Pls fix the basic mechanics to make the game playable before you continue to add shitloads of new content with retarded "mega updates"

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HM7 said:

After a long time i finally made a ship with cannons again. when i last made one a few months ago i was easily able to switch my crew from one side of cannons to the other side with using red alert, whistle passive so they wont jump off to punch a shark and then press right shift with the other side of cannons selected to have them man the other side (i had to manually seat them at the cannons in every new sector before to made that happen, annoying but ok).

But with the strange changes to red alert a few patches ago this is only possible with an insane delay making it basically useless in battle..

i always wanted to be able to change them from one side to the other with selecting the side on the hotbar and then simple press a button to make them go over but not only you not give that to me, you also fuck up the long-winded workaround i figured out to not have double the crew to man the cannons

Pls fix the basic mechanics to make the game playable before you continue to add shitloads of new content with retarded "mega updates"

The game is unplayable because of this? I guess like 99% players don't do this, they just put NPCs to all cannons on the ship. 

Isn't that delay because of reloading cannons? Maybe they didn't want players do this and patched it, who knows.

Edited by Willard

3 minutes ago, Willard said:

The game is unplayable because of this? I guess like 99% players don't do this, they just put NPCs to all cannons on the ship. 

Isn't that delay because of reloading cannons? 

why would anyone do this if there is a way to switch them over in seconds like it was before?

No its because of the new cooldown of "red alert" and "end red alert"

3 minutes ago, HM7 said:

why would anyone do this if there is a way to switch them over in seconds like it was before?

No its because of the new cooldown of "red alert" and "end red alert"

Well there is not that way anymore obviously. And it does not have to be a bug but simply change they wanted to make. Otherwise "additional crew" stat on boats would be totally useless.

13 minutes ago, Willard said:

Well there is not that way anymore obviously. And it does not have to be a bug but simply change they wanted to make. Otherwise "additional crew" stat on boats would be totally useless.

obviously you dont know what you are talking about. the mechanic still works, its just extremely slow and from what i can read from the patchnotes they changed it because of "instabilities with red alert" (whatever that means). And the right shift button which is named "end red alert" now in the options was "battlestations" before and still is if you havent done a red alert before

12 minutes ago, HM7 said:

obviously you dont know what you are talking about. the mechanic still works, its just extremely slow and from what i can read from the patchnotes they changed it because of "instabilities with red alert" (whatever that means). And the right shift button which is named "end red alert" now in the options was "battlestations" before and still is if you havent done a red alert before

You are right, I don't. Just doesn't seem to me such a gamebreaking thing as you refer. 99% people didn't even know it was a thing (including me after 700 hours in game).

Even if I know I would probably not use it. I would be too scared to lose NPCs during battle with constant switching which would leave me defenseless. 

Edit: I know about N button ofc but I really don't know how to switch crew fast from one sidr to the other side of the ship. And even that N button is a bit risky during a battle rn because NPCs could fall down the ship etc.

Edited by Willard

1 hour ago, HM7 said:

Switching your crew around to different cannons as Willard stated isn't something the vast majority of players do, therefore whinging about a change that impedes it and demanding that "fixing" the thing you don't like take precedence over new content, which IS what the vast majority of players want makes you come off as self centered and entitled. Further, expecting a game that is in Early Access development NOT to produce "shitloads" of new content or complaining about such, is not remotely a reasonable expectation. The reality is that a thing you and maybe a handful of others do has been impeded by changes made to a game during the normal course of it's development progress. Further changes may alter this change you dislike in a way more to your liking, or not.

Either way, you will have to pick up the pieces of life and move on. Whinging here and demanding your preferences take precedence over new content are unlikely to have your desired result.

We were also disappointed with this seemingly unnecessary change. I'm not sure what it was that they were "fixing" but it seems to be too extreme of an adjustment.  A 30 second delay is huge.  I don't have any issue at all with adding a delay to the Red Alert, but I do think 30 seconds is much too long.  If they didn't want us to be able to switch them from left to right, or front to back, or one weapon type to another, they wouldn't have given us the option.  Giving us the option, but making it nearly useless is pretty pointless.

It should be somewhere in the 10-15 seconds range.  That would still make it useful (especially in PvE situations) while also still giving an advantage to crewing all stations from a time response point of view.  Do you want to run fewer crew or have faster response time?  The idea is fine, the execution is the problem.

• Like 1

i remember seeing a video a while back on how to do this. it's something that i never did but always was impressed that was possible. i'm sad to hear that they "broke" it, i can't imagine it was an intended change.

just because the vast majority never used it doesn't mean it was bad. much like i'm sure most people don't use tame groups to full potential or at all. doesn't mean it's a bad thing. not sure what all the dog piling is about. give this dude a break, stupid internet mob lol!

• Like 1

Red alert?  I dont know what it is but i think its Mount Ur npc on Ships on the last known position 

7 hours ago, Meerkat said:

i remember seeing a video a while back on how to do this. it's something that i never did but always was impressed that was possible. i'm sad to hear that they "broke" it, i can't imagine it was an intended change.

just because the vast majority never used it doesn't mean it was bad. much like i'm sure most people don't use tame groups to full potential or at all. doesn't mean it's a bad thing. not sure what all the dog piling is about. give this dude a break, stupid internet mob lol!

Yeah this forum sure has some real winners on it lol.

god forbid anyone asked something to be fixed. In all fairness these guys aren’t good at fixing stuff so is it kind of a lot to ask but still, I get what you mean though

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah this forum sure has some real winners on it lol.

god forbid anyone asked something to be fixed. In all fairness these guys aren’t good at fixing stuff so is it kind of a lot to ask but still, I get what you mean though

How does he know its bugged? Because it worked without CD before? He literally told the game is unplayable without it, thats the most funny thing 😉

Nature's cry and healing touch also have a cooldown on animal, they didn't have it like 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Willard

Red Alert for those that don't know:

With all your crew mounted on Cannons and yourself at the Steering Wheel press and hold "N" (default), after ~3sec release the "N" key and all your crew members will jump off the cannons and be set on Aggressive.  It's recommended then to press "Semicolon" then to place them all back on Passive so they don't go chasing seagulls and stuff.  After roughly 30sec or the next time you board your ship and take the wheel press "RightShift" (default) and the crew members will End Red Alert and return to their cannons.

It's a useful ability for un-mounting all your crew when you dock your boat, though I have noticed that it seems the two extreme ends of the Galleon don't obey the command and stay mounted.  Still if you unmount 3/4 of a galleon crew it's a good way to save some gold.

46 minutes ago, Willard said:

How does he know its bugged? Because it worked without CD before? He literally told the game is unplayable without it, thats the most funny thing 😉

Nature's cry and healing touch also have a cooldown on animal, they didn't have it like 2 weeks ago.

Dude, you are on here arguing with anyone who has any problems at all. Just saw you on n a few other threads trying to shut people down. 

He knows it bugged because he uses it, or once again they changed something without telling people. 

This is a very unprofessional company and plenty of people are having issues with them. All of them are very legitimate reasons.

55 minutes ago, Willard said:

He also didn’t say the game was unplayable and it also isn’t just because of that one thing. He said “fix the basic mechanics to make the game playable” he didn’t say fix the basic mechanics of this one and only thing and the game would be playable.

he is telling them to fix bugs which a lot of people are doing. No ea bull crap this time. Doesn’t matter if they have two years. Just like with ark, they keep adding stuff and not fixing and then guess what? The game releases officially and all of the bugs are still there.

of course the white knights will then say “it barely released guys, give them a break” lol it’s really pathetic when you have to give excuses for a company for two years just to come up with a new one after the old one doesn’t work anymore

3 hours ago, Realist said:

He also didn’t say the game was unplayable and it also isn’t just because of that one thing. He said “fix the basic mechanics to make the game playable” he didn’t say fix the basic mechanics of this one and only thing and the game would be playable.

ï»ż he is telling them to fix bugs which a lot of people are doing. No ea bull crap this time. Doesn’t matter if they have two years. Just like with ark, they keep adding stuff and not fixing and then guess what? The game releases officially and all of the bugs are still there.

ï»żï»żï»żï»ż of course the white knights will then say “it barely released guys, give them a break” lol it’s really pathetic when you have to give excuses for a company for two years just to come up with a new one after the old one doesn’t work anymore

Sorry, I just consider this a minor bug (if it is even a bug). Ye he said "fix the basic mechanics to make the game playable" and he referred to this mechanic which means he consider this to be basic mechanic 🙂 There are much worse bugs which break the game rn like disfunctional max sail velocity stat on better speed sails and even this bug doesn®t make the game unplayable 😉 I would like them to focus on major bugs, not smt which is barely used.

little more info on this technique here:

here's the post of twitter announcing the red alert change, this was a month ago now. i don't use it so i have no idea if this is still in affect or not.

2 hours ago, Willard said:

Sorry, I just consider this a minor bug (if it is even a bug). Ye he said "fix the basic mechanics to make the game playable" and he referred to this mechanic which means he consider this to be basic mechanic 🙂 There are much worse bugs which break the game rn like disfunctional max sail velocity stat on better speed sails and even this bug doesn®t make the game unplayable 😉 I would like them to focus on major bugs, not smt which is barely used.

You and I usually just don’t talk which is probably better than the alternative. We have very differing beliefs which is fine as well.

the thing is I hate it when people alter hat someone else says. That isn’t cool man.

everyone thinks I am a troll but yet I am not Incorrectly citing anyone. There are so many tolls on this forum(no that is not me naming you) that it is just getting stupid right now.

as a defender of this game I would actually expect you to hold the devs to certain standards. Not just argue with people that have a problem. 

If you haven’t played ark before I can at least give you a 50% pass but other than that the other 50% is on you. They aren’t doing a good job. 

Can they do a good job? Maybe, I would just give a definite yes but I have no clue if they will or not.

dont feed into it. I get it, you like the game and you want to defend it, especially since it is failing so bad. But to be honest that is why it is failing so bad.

these guys need reinforcement. Not positive or negative. They just need to be told to keep getting better because they are nowhere near being better yet.

i will tell them that everything they do is not good enough. Your job should he to say “good job guys, keep doing better”

there is a difference between us that you being that savior should still push for improvement.

i am here to make sure they never get complacent. Two different jobs for the same playerbase.

please don’t be the problem, be the solution

what? you found a way to utilize your crew in a helpful and precise manner?! oh they patched it? PHEW good good your crew is supposed to be hitting fish not helping you fight. what are you some try hard? 1 npc manning more than one canon?? having your crew go to different places on your ship mid combat is broken. luckily most of the player base never noticed this was possible :{}. .

you should really stop trying to find exploits like that. if you find another way to make the crew useful please let everyone know asap so the devs can patch it.

Edited by Jimboscuzbuckler