Sign in to follow this  
HM7

Treasure Defender

As i play solo i of course do treasure maps solo as well. it is very challenging for higher quality maps but it is possible with a lot of time and effort. what needs to be fixed is when it took me half an hour to take out all the defenders and finally get to dig out the treasure, in more than 50% of the cases there is a lonely defender left that sunk in the ground at the ass of the world, nowhere to be found but yet still keeping me from digging out the treasure. this is a fucking joke. it is no fun at all, not to say absolutely frustrating. Make it so that they will:

1. raise out of the ground again when you start digging and attack you or

2. when they need to sink in the ground make them go back to the treasure location and do it there or

3. come out with another fix that solves this disgusting issue

• Like 1

They are dps checks. If you lack the dps to take them out in a timely manner they will reset. The more you do it, they greater your chances of one getting stuck in the ground. Just use a tame like everyone else. Treasure maps take literally 20 seconds to do with a bear.

Just wait. Patience is key.

On some occasions the map will completely reset, and you'll have to kill em all again... but usually, it's the lone defender who respawns.  You just have to kill him in time.  I actually prefer to put bear on attack my target and attack the remaining warrior with a sword or pike.  Or you can use a tiger/lion or a couple of wolves etc.  Just tank the wolves abit with some health.

You can also bring a shed load of ai crewmen with you.. and let them attack the undead.

Yes like others said it should spawn in back, and best thing to use is a bear. You can easily solo pretty much every map if they’re not in hard ass places. 

i dont use tames except from a crow. they suck

24 minutes ago, HM7 said:

I'm assuming you are referring to the taming process as what sucks rather than the tame itself? If you mean the tame itself, then a bear hardly sucks when you can do a treasure hunt in 20 seconds killing the AoD. I play solo and tbh I never even bothered to do treasure hunts until I got a bear.

Bears and crabs are great for treasure maps. Some people use elephant or giraffe as well, but the knockback kicks defender out of the world.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I'm assuming you are referring to the taming process as what sucks rather than the tame itself? If you mean the tame itself, then a bear hardly sucks when you can do a treasure hunt in 20 seconds killing the AoD. I play solo and tbh I never even bothered to do treasure hunts until I got a bear.

no they just dont fit my playstyle and i wont have a problem doing treasure maps either with my approach if the last defender would dare to show up to fight me and not blocking the treasure while nowhere to be seen

2 minutes ago, HM7 said:

no they just dont fit my playstyle and i wont have a problem doing treasure maps either with my approach if the last defender would dare to show up to fight me and not blocking the treasure while nowhere to be seen

So basically you want to change it so it suits your playstyle, eeergh .... dunno what to say honestly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Willard said:

So basically you want to change it so it suits your playstyle, eeergh .... dunno what to say honestly.

no i want it to be changed because it makes much more sense that the defender cant prevent me from digging out the treasure if he is not there. if he want to run and hide in the ground thats fine

42 minutes ago, HM7 said:

Just like in your other thread, your playstyle is contrary to the way the vast majority of players approach doing maps. Instead of handling things the way nearly everyone else does, you stubbornly insist tames "suck" and refuse to use them, instead insisting that instead of you adapting to the game, the game adapt to you and your preferences. If tames suck so bad, why is everyone else able to do treasure maps far faster than you with no problem, while you are here whinging about something everyone else has figured out how to make a non issue?

3 hours ago, Percieval said:

Yes like others said it should spawn in back, and best thing to use is a bear. You can easily solo pretty much every map if they’re not in hard ass places. 

Wb Perci, been awhile.

49 minutes ago, HM7 said:

Fair enough, but in that case I recommend getting some high level crew members and lvling up their health/weight.  Equip them with swords, shields, and armor and take them with you.  I seen a video once of 10 NPCs absolutely wrecking a lot of shit until the admin spawned a Cyclops on them ... that was just pure death for them then.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HM7 said:

That's fine if they don't fit your play style, not everyone is keen on tames. But because something isn't your play style doesn't mean it sucks.

I agree though, the AoD shouldn't hide themselves under the ground and prevent access to the treasure without resurfacing.

I'm also not a big fan of tames/creatures ..its why i hated ark but love this game..thank you for the crew idea! i'm going to make a bodyguard of angry wee bastards to stab up the bags o bones 🙂

I've ran into this issue using tames somewhat recently, very rarely can my tames not put out enough dps to do it though. I lobbing a few grenades as they spawn tends to make things quite a bit easier...

15 hours ago, HM7 said:

LOL yeah right, thats why I dont use ships they suck...now off to post about why its unfair I get no treasure...

• Like 2

i dont see why it should be a problem to fix this. Games should be fun and not have stupid mechanics that make people unhappy. If you want to go milksop style with an OP tame you will also be happy when you are not prevented to dig up the treasure because some lonely defender sank in the ground whereever and nowhere to be found

21 minutes ago, HM7 said:

i dont see why it should be a problem to fix this. Games should be fun and not have stupid mechanics that make people unhappy. If you want to go milksop style with an OP tame you will also be happy when you are not prevented to dig up the treasure because some lonely defender sank in the ground whereever and nowhere to be found

It makes only you unhappy. Don't play your hipster style and get a tame, crew with gear or grenades. They are in game for a reason. What comes next, u wanna kill Kraken with your sword and shield? 

Edited by Willard

The only time I have issues is if the map is 'buried' upon a giant solid rock face.  a) how do you bury a treasure chest in solid granite, and b) the undead to tend to phase into the rock upon activation, so you do end up with 2 or 3 that are unreachable permanently.   Never have this issue on flat ground, though.

5 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

The only time I have issues is if the map is 'buried' upon a giant solid rock face.  a) how do you bury a treasure chest in solid granite, and b) the undead to tend to phase into the rock upon activation, so you do end up with 2 or 3 that are unreachable permanently.   Never have this issue on flat ground, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

use a pack of killer mele bears at higher end maps...i take 3-4 for a giggle....i learned to play safe in this game.

going in without a killer tame?..theres your issue Op

Edited by hurricane moon

I don't see why everyone is attacking the OP. He isn't saying he wants to avoid the fight or get rewarded for no effort. His request is pretty clear to me - he just wants a way to engage or locate a straggler from a fight.

I too think it is ridiculous that they wander off cliffs and under inaccessible locations only to bury themselves in the ground never to be seen again, making the treasure effectively unlootable. They aren't there to protect it, why can't we dig it up?

The answer is of course that it would encourage kiting exploits, and not fighting, but I don't see anything wrong with having a dig attempt respawn any remaining defenders back near the treasure so you can at least try to clean them up.

When excavating maps in inconvenient places, it may happen that several defenders will not appear.
More precisely, they will appear, they can be selected through the system of "targets", but they do not have a model or texture and it is impossible to kill them.
We tried to get the treasure by a large crowd, but we were defeated, because in 15+ trays we could not reach the last defender.
Therefore, the problem may not only be due to a lack of DPS, but also due to bugs.

Of course, getting treasure alone is better on animals.
Excellent works bears, razor and crabs.
Bears are very affordable and versatile, but there is the possibility that a rider will be killed on a bear.
The Razor gives out just crazy damage under the buffs.
The crab can jump, which eliminates the need to build ramps and ladders, but it is helpless against high mountains.
In any case, it is desirable to take the skill to increase the damage in the branch of animals, then even an ordinary bear with 140% damage will be able to farm 24 quality cards.

If you still want to get it alone without using animals:
Then you need to have a skill for damage to defenders (if I am not mistaken, this is a pirate skills tree),
grenades for AOE damage to weak defenders, and good quality weapons(melee/range) for finishing particularly tenacious enemies.
You can also use small tabl to block the spawn zone, to inflict more damage on the AOE and to prevent the enemies from scattering.
Pumping damage and normal armor, i think no need say 🙂
DPS is more than enough to clear defenders.

And .. yes the map is updated some time after the start of the battle.