Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Upcoming changes suck !

At the moment, if you really want it, you can take big part of your dream island in a night, takes just 1 hour 40 minutes for a piece of land.

Chamging it to 30 minutes is ridiculous, a chinese clan (these are well known for quality over quantity) can then take half of the map in just one night !

The change to ship stealing are ok, but 1 minute for a Dinghy is not funny, i would suggest 30 minutes and maybe 4 hours for a raft. If you bring in shorter claiming times troll heaven is open.

It's impossible to claim land to make your first shipyard and ship because it's too long and buggy.

It's impossible to make a decent base cause it can get claimed in 30 minutes 😄

It's a garbage fix. Shit needs to get revamped.

If your sleeping in your base that would prevent someone from taking claim but I guess they could kill you then claim . That's PvP for ya.

Some of the ship claims time are wonky. I think it will take some time before a good balance is found 

57 minutes ago, Talono said:

The change to ship stealing are ok, but 1 minute for a Dinghy is not funny, i would suggest 30 minutes and maybe 4 hours for a raft. If you bring in shorter claiming times troll heaven is open.

4 hours for a raft? you mean the same raft that gets destroyed by decay within 8 hours when it's not in your territory?? 😅

for land claim my simple solution would be 1 per person.. get another at lvl 20 or something.. then at lvl 50 or so, you make them at high cost
land aint supposed to be dirt cheap.

I do believe that this land claim thing is a good solution though against all the freaking pillar spamming we had in Ark PvE

Edited by Surviving Wag

One of the problems, IMO, is that people have unlimited claim flags. To top it off, it appears as though overlapping the claims prevents anyone from attempting to contest them. 

To address the idea that people shouldn't be able to claim, if you log out in the area no one can steal it on pve. If someone takes off and leaves a claimed area unattended they should be able to be stolen. Otherwise everyone will be in here complaining about the fact that areas are taken by people that aren't there anymore. 

Really good and fair balanced suggestion. Which means that Wildcard will NEVER do that.

9 hours ago, Daesig said:

It's impossible to claim land to make your first shipyard and ship because it's too long and buggy.

It's impossible to make a decent base cause it can get claimed in 30 minutes 😄

It's a garbage fix. Shit needs to get revamped.

Its not just that its a garbage fix... its a garbage system. The entire concept isn't viable and heavily favors large companies that have the ability to protect their land 24/7. The casual/solo/small group player is pretty much screwed. Seriously, people keep throwing out ideas they think will be magic bullets to fix the claim system but the underlying issues always remain. It doesn't really matter if the claim time is 30 minutes or an hour and 40 minutes. It doesn't matter if people get one claim or 50. Your average play will still have a very hard time maintaining a claim since the system is flawed at a basic level and only favors large companies that have a 24/7 presence in the game world. 

Honestly, if the devs want everyone to join an alpha tribe/company to have any chance (which they clearly do), they should just have a faction system you can join when you create a character. There could be three or four factions and each one could get a non-PVP home region (perhaps a freeport and eight surrounding map areas) where its just free building (like Ark) for members of that faction while the rest of the world would be contested territory that's up for grabs. If you didn't want to be in one of the factions it could be an option to be a privateer instead. This would let people form their own independent companies while still giving solo players some natural built-in allies and safe havens. 

Fully agree, i dont like big companies, but still want to play PVP.

So please spare all „join big chinese clan“  or „go PVE“ comments.

The current system means Auto-wipe for small groups, solo players and guys with a life-job-family.

Edited by Talono

9 hours ago, Surviving Wag said:

4 hours for a raft? you mean the same raft that gets destroyed by decay within 8 hours when it's not in your territory?? 😅

for land claim my simple solution would be 1 per person.. get another at lvl 20 or something.. then at lvl 50 or so, you make them at high cost
land aint supposed to be dirt cheap.

I do believe that this land claim thing is a good solution though against all the freaking pillar spamming we had in Ark PvE

8 hours for a raft Oo

Oh god, i didn't really know that!
Now i see that my raft building is all silly, I am working 9 hours shifts anyway.
Starting to believe this game is not for me at all 😄