Sign in to follow this  
Deadly Rhiality

[Suggestions] Aging System

Let me start by saying that I actually do like the idea of aging. I'm even fine with the idea that (once the mechanic is fully implemented,) players will die of old age. However, for casual players, the current mechanic is a bit unfair. So here's a few suggestions:

1) Slow down or eliminate the aging over time for logged out players.

2) Have the speed of aging related to player level. The higher level you are, the faster you age. (Perhaps the rejuvenation could have a counteracting element for this.) 

3) Relate it to how often the player dies of other causes. The more you die, the faster you age.

4) You could also relate it to the Equilibrium buff - make the having the buff make you age slower.

3 and 4 would encourage players to actually eat and pay attention to vitamins rather than just killing themselves off and respawning when they get low.

Obviously, these suggestions can be implemented individually - if the devs see this and like one but not the others, each change is independent enough to stand on its own. I'd be thrilled to see ANY of them, let alone all at once.

Also interested to see if other players agree or have other suggestions to add to this topic 🙂

Edited by Deadly Rhiality

How is the current aging mechanic unfair? There are no negative effects from being old. They eliminated those back in February.

I have been 100 years old for about three weeks now. Not a big deal.

I suspect you don't mean the current mechanics, but your guess at what the eventual aging mechanics will become. Is it really meaningful to criticize your own guess at what they will institute?

You're correct, where aging currently has no negative effects, calling it unfair was not accurate. However, in its current state, if the negative effects--whatever those turn out to be--were reimplemented, it would punish casual players like my friends and me, who only got to level 30 range before aging to 100.

Regardless, my post was not intended as criticism in any way. It's simply a list of suggestions for the devs and other players to consider and respond to, about an unfinished aspect of an unfinished game. I'd appreciate it if you kept this thread on-topic if you respond again. Thanks 🙂