Sign in to follow this  
Hulkynator

New to the Game

Hello Everyone Im new to the game I haven't start yet since it downloading what are the best servers to go into for Atlas

It depends what you are looking for. PVP, PVE, RP, solo, large groups, building, etc.

Give a little bit of background about what you want to get out of the game.

Welcome!  It’s a super fun game even solo.  Remember it is early access so there are bugs.

PVP - look for a good unofficial server with a good community

PVE - look for a unofficial server with a good community

Official servers are pure poison right now so be cautious and if you go there expect the worst and hope for the best!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hulkynator said:

Hello Everyone I'm new to the game I haven't start yet since it downloading what are the best servers to go into for Atlas

Don't mind the nay-sayers.  And like @Velius said, give us a little background about what you are interested in doing?  What about previous sand-box MMO experience?  Have you played any time in Conan Exiles or ARK: Survival Evolved?

28 minutes ago, CoopedUp said:

Don't mind the nay-sayers.  And like @Velius said, give us a little background about what you are interested in doing?  What about previous sand-box MMO experience?  Have you played any time in Conan Exiles or ARK: Survival Evolved?

I have play Ark: Survival Evolved on ps4

2 hours ago, Captain Stabbin said:

Welcome!  It’s a super fun game even solo.  Remember it is early access so there are bugs.

Official servers are pure poison right now so be cautious and if you go there expect the worst and hope for the best!

Ty Captain

1 hour ago, Hulkynator said:

Okay, then I'd say stick to the Temperate Regions as those are the most forgiving for weather.  A lot of the resource types are the same as in ARK, but there is some new ones as well.  Over-all if you want to get a feel for the game I also suggest starting in the East side of the map and after leaving the Freeport maybe see if you can find space to set-up a starter base one sector away in a Lawless region.  The more you play, the more you'll learn and eventually you can travel around and discover where you'd like to build a more permanent base.

forget the comment about official/unofficial server. there was a problem on launch with overcrowding and griefing but those days are long gone. there is plenty of room on official now and most of the trolls have moved on. i play on NA-PVE and there is tons of open space. 

best part about official is you don't have to worry about someone getting bored and shutting down their server on you.

make it a point to get to know your neighbors when the opportunity arises and you should have no problems. also, if you settle on someones island it best to try to meet them first or at least follow any guidelines if they set any. otherwise plenty of space on lawless or unclaimed islands.

being an ark veteran you should be able to pick it up fairly quick. most of the changes are quite nice compared to ark, for example taming and high quality blueprint crafting.

have fun and happy sailing!

I play many hours pretty much every day, and i dont see the poison part about official servers. At the moment i play on Eu Pve. Plenty of space to settle. Alot of friendly helpful people. Trades. Yes sure you will find those rotten apples but, where dont you?

9 hours ago, Captain Stabbin said:

@Hulkynator Please ignore the quoted post.

The start in Atlas is not easy. First steps can be frustrating, bit its worth it 🙂

https://discord.gg/4YuSPWK

On this discord server you will find over 200 very active Atlas players. Everyone would help you when you have questions or problems. 

We are supporting new players and want to show them that Atlas is a lovely game 🙂

BG Anne Beaglelove ~Taming & Trading Gallery~ #weforthecommunity

29 minutes ago, Vaff said:

I play many hours pretty much every day, and i dont see the poison part about official servers. At the moment i play on Eu Pve. Plenty of space to settle. Alot of friendly helpful people. Trades. Yes sure you will find those rotten apples but, where dont you?

Its only 2-3 comps from 300? Only 10 players from 3k? There is nothing toxic.

16 hours ago, Hulkynator said:

Hello Everyone Im new to the game I haven't start yet since it downloading what are the best servers to go into for Atlas

Welcome to the game and the forums. May the wind be always at your back, may the seas be always fair, and may the forces of evil become confused on the way to your base.

7 hours ago, Puppies4ever said:

@Hulkynator Please ignore the quoted post.

The start in Atlas is not easy. First steps can be frustrating, bit its worth it 🙂

https://discord.gg/4YuSPWK

On this discord server you will find over 200 very active Atlas players. Everyone would help you when you have questions or problems. 

We are supporting new players and want to show them that Atlas is a lovely game 🙂

BG Anne Beaglelove ~Taming & Trading Gallery~ #weforthecommunity

Its only 2-3 comps from 300? Only 10 players from 3k? There is nothing toxic.

Actually don’t ignore the post!

the BEST communities are unofficial and everyone knows this.  Why you would try to steer a new player away makes no sense.

Official servers contain some good communities but no where even close to what this player can find on unofficial.

SMH

Just keep in mind, this is a pirate game. Everyone is a pirate. That means, everyone is a pirate.

So obviously, PvE is an abomination as you cant be a pirate....in a game about being a pirate. But I guess at least everyone else isnt a pirate there either. Its more like a prettier version of rhat old farming game from facebook.

PvP is challenging, the game is prolly about 1/2 made at this point, so its still exciting as they add in more of required features in the big patches.

3 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Just keep in mind, this is a pirate game. Everyone is a pirate. That means, everyone is a pirate.

So obviously, PvE is an abomination as you cant be a pirate....in a game about being a pirate.

Oh but you can be a PvE pirate...at least a Time Pirate. Because animals are claimable now 2 days before structures are. We claim and transfer animals right off of people’s boats and out of houses. Mind you, they have to have not logged in for 7 days and they have probably quit but it still feels like booty. Like when you find an old dresser on the tree lawn on garbage day. 

10 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

Oh but you can be a PvE pirate...at least a Time Pirate. Because animals are claimable now 2 days before structures are. We claim and transfer animals right off of people’s boats and out of houses. Mind you, they have to have not logged in for 7 days and they have probably quit but it still feels like booty. Like when you find an old dresser on the tree lawn on garbage day. 

What’s a tree lawn and why is it strewn with old dressers?🤨

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 3:40 PM, Hulkynator said:

Ah ok. You pretty much know how it goes already so I won’t bother warning you. 

From the sound of it Unofficials are the way to go, which I would probably advise that anyways.

officials are already well established and they just had to “fix” an Xp glitch so a lot of people are already at level 100.

you know the usual mega tribe stuff.

6 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

What’s a tree lawn and why is it strewn with old dressers?🤨

Part of me hopes that talk is just pain meds or something and part of me does not...