Sign in to follow this  
Bootstrap

Another Unhappy Customer

Add my name to the totally disgusted players that are tired of waiting for this dev team to make this game playable. For about the 10th time since the server wipe, I logged in to my account to find my character floating in a random spot in the ocean with no gear on and no gear in his inventory.  I was immediately killed by sharks.  Each time this happened, I had logged off inside a building at my base in K10.  And, each time, I lost all the items that I had on my character and in his inventory when I logged off.  In addition, twice I have logged in and found my ship lockers empty when they should have had multiple items in them.  These were not thefts.  The lockers are on the PVE server and were pin coded.  More game glitches.

I have tried to enjoy the game despite all of the bugs and issues that don't seem to be getting addressed.  I really love the concept of this game, but I just don't have the patience to deal with a dev team that refuses to address the current bugs and issues before shoving out more content.  I don't see this game succeeding in the long run because of the poor quality of work that is being put into it.  Many other enjoyable games out there.

I've heard reports for ages now that pin-coded locks can be brute-forced. Therefore it is safer to have items simply locked without pin-code. So you say they aren't thefts, but they likely are.

Also, ever since playing ARK I have always logged off naked on Atlas so if anything does happen you lose nothing. That's not to say that the problem shouldn't be fixed, but it does prevent what happened to you in regards to losing gear.

Everything you've described has a simple workaround that would reduce 90% of the issues you stated. Having said that of course, the fixes should be more desirable as players shouldn't have to resolve to workarounds. But if workarounds work, then that saves players from cutting their nose off to spite their face.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I've heard reports for ages now that pin-coded locks can be brute-forced. Therefore it is safer to have items simply locked without pin-code. So you say they aren't thefts, but they likely are.

Inclined to agree -  experiment.  Have 2 boxes next to each other, put same resource in each, and see what pops the next time you have this glitch.

Who else is in your company?  Could you be the target of a troll?

Never has this happened to me, and I have spent plenty of time on a boat, and on land.

That's another question, have you logged out on a boat?  When you do, your char stays at the same coords, and the boat moves.  You'll find yourself wherever you logged.  As for being nekkid, it used to be possible for me to find a sleeping company mate, take all his stuff, and 'drag body' on to a boat and dump him out to sea.  Ofc I'd never do that, but it used to be possible.   Can't remember what happens now when you log.

There are a number of possible things going on here.

My company mates know that if they move my boat, i'll be on it, and if I log in to find myself in the middle of water, then one of them is going to get a left hook irl the next time we have beers 😉     Health and safety rule #1, do not touch Vorxius's boat.. ever... ever ever.. NEVER..  because he will get the hump in real life, and come after everyone lol.

Bless my dearest friends  🙂 

Edited by Vorxius

I will add only that while it’s true workarounds can help mitigate some of the issues you’re dealing with, the tone of your post conveys that you are someone who is being fair, wants to like the game and is giving it every possible chance but still unable to enjoy the play experience. Your complaints are stated without toxicity and appear to avoid hyperbole. This should cause your comments to carry more weight with the powers that be than most of the typical whinging seen here.