Sign in to follow this  
Tezcatlipoca

Player Shops

I am currently thinking about setting up various shops on our island to be able to compensate for the costs of the island. The shops probably have some upkeep but I'm not smart out of it. I also did not manage to set any price.

Can anyone explain how the shops work?

26 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

I am currently thinking about setting up various shops on our island to be able to compensate for the costs of the island. The shops probably have some upkeep but I'm not smart out of it. I also did not manage to set any price.

Can anyone explain how the shops work?

Yes. 

Dont do them.

They currently have insanely high rent costs of around 1440 gold per day. No I’m not exaggerating. Jat has posted saying they will reduce the rent but atm they are pointless.

7 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Also on your own island? How stupid is that? Why do not they just keep 5% of the amount as a tax or whatever.

Sorry missed that bit. I havent yet had coffee. Was referring to the Freeport shops. Not sure if same island shops have the same issue or not, haven’t tried those.

- Player Shops only cost upkeep on Non-Lawless PvE-style Homeservers. (Technically in Official PvP too, but only on the non-lawless homeservers that are effectively PvE regions)

In the patch notes was the text, but I do not understand this phrase. Non-Lawless PvE-style Homeservers ... what's that supposed to be?

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yes. 

Dont do them.

They currently have insanely high rent costs of around 1440 gold per day. No I’m not exaggerating. Jat has posted saying they will reduce the rent but atm they are pointless.

Can’t believe they still haven’t changed that smh. Oh well I guess. If they try leaving that like that until console release they are definitely going to be hearing about that.

Player Shops are a free standing structure that doesn't need to be "snapped" to anything.  There is a limit of 40 player shops allowed within an "Area" (I assume this is an island) and they have a total of 70 Inventory Slots.  Player Shops in a Freeport have an upkeep that they need to maintain, however Player Shops on a Settlement have NO Upkeep requirement as far as my testing proved.

After the Player Shop is built you can use the 'E'-Wheel to change the name of the shop and the text of the sign overhead, the name of the shop is reported in the Company Log when it makes a sale and the overhead sign is simply a cosmetic advertisement.  To use the shop simply place the items within it that you wish to sell, then right click the item and there should be a menu option to set a Gold Price or set the Gold Price the same as the last item you priced.  Only the Company Owner can remove items that has no Gold price or the Gold itself within the Player Shop, so I don't think you can use the shop to 'donate' stuff by marking it with a price of 0G, but I didn't test so I can't be certain.

NOTICE: PvE Players be aware that the Player Shop must be set to "Unlocked" so other non-Company players can access the shop's inventory and make purchases.  Unlocking does NOT open the shop up for stealing, it simply allows others to access it's inventory and the removal of any of the items still requires it's purchase.

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yes. 

Dont do them.

I thought they had fixed them? They changed the rent in patch 103.0, as per the patch notes- "Default value is 0.08, for a 92% reduction from the previous rate"

1 hour ago, SIEGEGUN said:

I thought they had fixed them? They changed the rent in patch 103.0, as per the patch notes- "Default value is 0.08, for a 92% reduction from the previous rate"

This is what I get for not paying attention to patch notes. Busy season at work has kicked in, I’m barely playing right now at all.

• Like 1

I would personally rethink the whole lawless thing anyway.  I would put one island in each grid, as lawless.  I would make sure that island has every last resource you need for vanilla building of anything...just not everything you need for BPs, obviously.  But, each of those islands would have an NPC town, just like the Freeports.  In those towns, there would be plenty of places to set up a shop.  In fact, just do away with shops.  Set up different shops in the town for different items.  Each one unique.  If you want to sell something, you basically place it in that shop, and it appears in all of the shops all over the map.  Anyone can buy it at any shop, and when they do, the shop keeps 5%.  Once you put it in the shop, you can't pull it out.  If it doesn't sell after a set period of time, you are given a minimum price for the item.  This price would be known to all.  It would not be nearly as much as what players will pay for such items.  Or would it?  After all, they didn't buy it, so you should be thankful for getting something.

Maybe they could make it such that you have one chance to lower the price, if it didn't sell.  The buyer would not know if the price was lowered, so they simply decide if it is worth it to them at the listed price.  They can't attempt to game the system, waiting for the person to lower it one time.  So, the buyer would also not see any indication as to how long the item had been there.

Another option is to have secret bids.  You see the item in the shop, and place a bid.  If you win the bid...if the owner approves your offer, you can go to a shop and withdraw the item.

The whole shop thing I think is half baked anyway,on pve you can put it in the freeport where most lower levs couldnt afford to buy from you ,then to add insult to injury if anyone travels to freeport to shop,they know their ship is gonna need repairs because the decay rate is so high.Then there is the fact that freeports(or most other useful info) never appear on the map even if you've already discovered them! Nobody on the planet shops like that,a shop you have to search for,that then adds damage to the vehicle you've left parked?do behave.I do really enjoy this game and cant wait  to see the next update, bugs an all,but if you are going  to give the players something let them have it beneficial to them,not hold as much back as  you can get away with.It's a good game anyway.

7 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yes. 

Dont do them.

Indeed Jat posted they would fix em oh like a Month ago....  And well they are still not fixed....