cpspok

Customizing dedicated server maps

Ok so far i have had success making a custom map on our server . I'll post what i did here the best i can .

First off download and install https://github.com/GrapeshotGames/ServerGridEditor

Once installed follow the next set of steps

1-download the server configuration from your server ( it will be saved on your pc as a .json file )

2-start ServerGridEditor and open project , when asked for file open the file you downloaded from your server listed above

3-it will open 4 squares which is 4 servers , the top left should be the 1x1 if you have more then you can edit more. 

You can drag islands around to get them where you like and also drag islands from the column on the right 

4-once you get what you want simply save the file and upload it to your server .

------ To get the in game map simply use the same tool and export the 2 map files listed below and follow the below instructions ------

The Server Grid Editor also lets you export images of the map. These map images will determine the graphics shown in the spawn selection screen and on other in-game maps. There are two types of images: “Cell” images, one for each server in the grid, and one big image that contains the whole map. The cell images need to be named “CellImg_0-0.jpg” (replacing the 0-0 with the respective coordinates in the grid), and the main image needs to be named MapImg.jpg. Both image types can be exported from the server grid editor.

hope this helps 

Finished product, custom world and our map uploaded to match our places . Took less then 20 minutes , so it  is easy and can even be customized more with the tool you downloaded for this .

Hope this helps some 

Cpspok 

p.s. let me know if it helped 

current map in atlas.png

20181226170330_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, cpspok said:

Nice write up. As a heads up, in the Server Grid Editor, if you uncheck to show disco zones, island names, and server info at the bottom before exporting images, your in-game map won't have all the clutter

Edited by Morgrhim

Ya the only issue is i already had the project done and just wanted to get a fast thing up for others to get started . Typed that up and did the run through as i was making home made pizza for the family so kinda did a quicky . 

*** remember what he said above when doing your map , the more post the more we can all help each other get what we need , now i want the god commands for the items ***

Edited by cpspok

Where do you need to put those files on the server? I've already exported them and now what?

Servers work as they should, the only thing missing now is the in-game maps...

Any help is appreciated :)

18 hours ago, cpspok said:

Ya the only issue is i already had the project done and just wanted to get a fast thing up for others to get started . Typed that up and did the run through as i was making home made pizza for the family so kinda did a quicky . 

*** remember what he said above when doing your map , the more post the more we can all help each other get what we need , now i want the god commands for the items ***

What I do to God Mode items into server is: cheat gfi PrimalItemResource_Metal_Cobalt 1 0 0 <---- this will give you 1 Cobalt.

To find all the other names of items, just go to your Atlas install directory: \steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Content\Atlas\AtlasCoreBP\Items  The item names are all in The "Items" Directory just browse yourself and you can GodMode to your hearts content.

29 minutes ago, NihilVerum said:

What I do to God Mode items into server is: cheat gfi PrimalItemResource_Metal_Cobalt 1 0 0 <---- this will give you 1 Cobalt.

To find all the other names of items, just go to your Atlas install directory: \steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Content\Atlas\AtlasCoreBP\Items  The item names are all in The "Items" Directory just browse yourself and you can GodMode to your hearts content.

Never thought of that , dam thanks ....

is there a way for  you to share your custom map, im running a hosted server and want to try to get a map on there but cannot find whre to download the json file. 

The download when installed is using MS Studio, and if you dont have MS Studio 2010 with an expired key, it fails to load. fyi.

Would be cool to have a key. I see this is built in layers. If you move an existing map, something is below. (havent learned how to zoom in. wheelmouse doesnt work).

IE: CAY_A_EE

What does the A mean as I see C, E exists. And what is EE, TR, PVE map on the existing map images you can add.

@cpspok

How did you configure your home islands? I customized 2x2 and it had 4 spawn points for the home islands. Just tested it and spawned in the ocean :D

Also did you create new one or did you customize as well. Editor doesnt have water tile textures as far as i saw.

You have to do this on a fresh server / reinstall can not do this on a game server then pick up where you left off. must start over , or you will be in water buildings will be all over

It's a fresh map. Found out that the issue was with the island settings, there's "spawnPointRegionOverride" line and that needs to correspond your spawn regions.

example:

You have four spawn regions, North, East, South, West.

Your North=0, East=1, South=2 and West=3

so you edit all four island to to have spawnPointRegionOverride=0-3

Hi, 

first of all, thx for the guide @CPSPOK ! 

Second, could i also youse this method to just config my Second/cluster-server?

I´m runing a Nitrado server + 1 Cluster server. But i have no idea if the secon (cluster-server) works right. I got tresure Maps for region B1 (cluster server got the same discription) 

But couldn´t travel there yet. 

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Powerfinger said:

Hi, 

first of all, thx for the guide @CPSPOK ! 

Second, could i also youse this method to just config my Second/cluster-server?

I´m runing a Nitrado server + 1 Cluster server. But i have no idea if the secon (cluster-server) works right. I got tresure Maps for region B1 (cluster server got the same discription) 

But couldn´t travel there yet. 

Thanks in advance 

Powerfinger , yes you can as i did my second square . I use it for every square i add to my server . Remember if you edit the square you play on you will mess up the map your on.. Only use it to edit a fresh server start or a new square ....

When I export the files it makes 2 files...server grid.json and a server grid server only.json... do i upload them both?? and if so where do I put them.

Edited by Lyr

"1-download the server configuration from your server ( it will be saved on your pc as a .json file )""

is servergrid.json the file you are talking about? Or are you referring to a a group of files?

u.png

Edited by Kaylet

2 hours ago, Kaylet said:

"1-download the server configuration from your server ( it will be saved on your pc as a .json file )""

is servergrid.json the file you are talking about? Or are you referring to a a group of files?

u.png

when you export from grid editor it gives you the  map image files and 2 json files. I need to know where they go. My maps are working now. treasure maps working. However when i go to where the new islands are on my map.... there are no islands. I think maybe the json files are in the wrong location

Edited by Lyr

@cpspok I am on Nitrado as well I have my maps working again thx!  I think I broke my server... I uploaded the json file using the upload your config button and now it wont fire up.. was working fine before I did that with the exception that my islands werent where the map said they were( the new ones). Any ideas?.. I have already talked to nitrado because I had a problem with the main server previously.. I hate to call them again if its something I can fix.

Can anyone explain how to edit ship paths? I get P is to place them but where do I go from there?

20 hours ago, Lyr said:

@cpspok I am on Nitrado as well I have my maps working again thx!  I think I broke my server... I uploaded the json file using the upload your config button and now it wont fire up.. was working fine before I did that with the exception that my islands werent where the map said they were( the new ones). Any ideas?.. I have already talked to nitrado because I had a problem with the main server previously.. I hate to call them again if its something I can fix.

You probably added server only in the files. On nitrado only have to upload .json file and upload new map images just make sure you delete older images on there. Don't upload the server only one.

Edited by CAPTAIN K'NUCKLES

3 hours ago, CAPTAIN K'NUCKLES said:

Can anyone explain how to edit ship paths? I get P is to place them but where do I go from there?

You probably added server only in the files. On nitrado only have to upload .json file and upload new map images just make sure you delete older images on there. Don't upload the server only one.

I think I figured out what I did.. I uploaded the servergrid.json, instead of the cluster-config.json...Now I am afraid to try it again until things settle down a bit. as it is i am waiting for them to reinstall all my servers...no telling how long thatll take.. I still have one that hasnt been installed yet...FYI anyone ordering servers that hasnt yet...get them anywhere but NY...unless of course you are adding them to existing servers then you need to get it wherever the other is. Apparently NY is the most popular spot. They also told me alot of people are breaking their servers trying to add a new map.

Edited by Lyr

2 hours ago, cpspok said:

@CAPTAIN K'NUCKLES wish i could help bud , but i have never played with ship paths my self to be honest not even sure what they do , lol . sorry wish i could help.

No worries I put an email out to instinct games and hopefully hear back more on their program. I'll post if I find anything