Sign in to follow this  
pvg103breda

remove the claiming system

this is pissing me off. make it like ark. claiming abuse for the win...……...its impossible to build up...…..remove it. its annoying. new people dont have a chance!!!!!!!!! this mechanik is abusive and broken

It's utter garbage. Could be reworked but doubt they'll be able to do that. Also no claim system = every inch spammed with enemy shipyards = no shipyards for you. The game mechanics need a total makeover.

I didn't see too much issue with it before the patch, adds another layer to game play and spammers couldn't/can't defend everything so just take it, but now PvP can cap in 30min and PvE have to wait 3 days to be able to claim anything. It certainly needs work but overall the concept is better than Pillar spam. You can actually contest flags for one. Being able to claim ships/bases this easily is a bit much. My 2 cents is to increase the cap timer by X per structure placed within the AoE and force players to remain on site to contest. If you leave the AoE you forfeit contention.

Edited by Nari

7 hours ago, Nari said:

I didn't see too much issue with it before the patch, adds another layer to game play and spammers couldn't/can't defend everything so just take it, but now PvP can cap in 30min and PvE have to wait 3 days to be able to claim anything. It certainly needs work but overall the concept is better than Pillar spam. You can actually contest flags for one. Being able to claim ships/bases this easily is a bit much. My 2 cents is to increase the cap timer by X per structure placed within the AoE and force players to remain on site to contest. If you leave the AoE you forfeit contention.

With claiming mechanic gone they could just add the option to make owners of contraptions able to allow others to use them so you won't need 50 different shipyards. Everyone wouldn't be able to use it at the same time, but it's better than stopping people from being able to build freely imo

I agree. The system needs to change. It's pretty much impossible for anyone to build a house or even a better ship than a raft, when there's lots of companies smapping flags everywhere. Let's make it that so other company cannot build on company owned island, but a player without a company could or something like that. There should be some room for new players to at least build his starter shack and a better boat. Not everyone is playing in a company, some play solo.