Jump to content

vaylain

SHIP STEALING IS FUCKING DUMB!

Recommended Posts

Please remove the ship stealing aspect from the game or at the very least, increase the time necessary or force the would-be-thief to have to stand in the vicinity of the ship being stolen otherwise it nullifies the claiming process. It is a major pain in the ass for a solo tribe to build a freaking boat and then notice when someone has attempted to steal your ship overnight. It is pretty fucking stupid to have a stolen boat that resides within your stone-walled shipping yard.

Don't give me the excuse of having an NPC on a puckle gun because that is a pretty lame defense for smaller/solo tribes as we cannot afford the gold nor have the extra skill points to acquire the puckle gun and our other needed skills. Just freaking play your game Grapeshot and then you will see just how fucking stupid ship stealing is right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please make it easier to steal ships. The current claim timer still takes far too long considering the difficulty to remove all the players/npc's on board. The ship stealing skill is also a joke considering it only increases the timer by an extra few seconds and requires constant spamming.

The OP is very wrong about ship stealing given that even a tribe of 1 person should be able to log on at least once during their island's wartime to contest the ship claim and reset it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SkyKevin said:

Please make it easier to steal ships. The current claim timer still takes far too long considering the difficulty to remove all the players/npc's on board. The ship stealing skill is also a joke considering it only increases the timer by an extra few seconds and requires constant spamming.

The OP is very wrong about ship stealing given that even a tribe of 1 person should be able to log on at least once during their island's wartime to contest the ship claim and reset it.

Actually Mr troll, that is your opinion. By the way, I play on Lawless islands as that is the only islands I prefer. You must love being a dickhead griefer but I feel it is a stupid ability and makes the game tedious. You may enjoy the fact that you have to always go and check in on your boats every 8 hours but I find that bullshit tedious and a major turnoff. Having your boat stolen while you are "offline" (working, sleeping, and taking care of children), is cheesy as fuck and only a griefer would request that kind of bullshit. Hey if the DEVs want to tailor this game to you OFFLINE griefers then I say so be it. Since this game is dying anyways as most of the players have abandoned this game, you can take the game and shove it deep up your ass.

Edited by vaylain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 9:45 PM, vaylain said:

Actually Mr troll, that is your opinion. By the way, I play on Lawless islands as that is the only islands I prefer. You must love being a dickhead griefer but I feel it is a stupid ability and makes the game tedious. You may enjoy the fact that you have to always go and check in on your boats every 8 hours but I find that bullshit tedious and a major turnoff. Having your boat stolen while you are "offline" (working, sleeping, and taking care of children), is cheesy as fuck and only a griefer would request that kind of bullshit. Hey if the DEVs want to tailor this game to you OFFLINE griefers then I say so be it. Since this game is dying anyways as most of the players have abandoned this game, you can take the game and shove it deep up your ass.

I'm not trolling, no one steals boats right now because it takes too long or it's too difficult to remove all the players or npc from the boats without sinking it. If you're playing on a lawless island you should expect people to attack you 24/7 you can just as easily settle on an island with a larger company and have an 8 hour window for being attacked. Many large companies are advocating for this because they like the tax.

I also never said anything about offline griefing or whether I did it. I think you're just upset because you can't handle games like this. I would suggest going over to the PVE server if this is how you react to losing a boat.

As per the conversation around ship stealing. I stand by my point it needs to be buffed so we can do more pirating on the seas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I'm not trolling, no one steals boats right now because it takes too long or it's too difficult to remove all the players or npc from the boats without sinking it.

The fact remains, my ship was stolen. Every night someone heads down the coastlines of islands, placing flags to steal ships. And I stand behind my original statement: You must love being a dickhead griefer but I feel it is a stupid ability and makes the game tedious.

If you like it, great man, have fun but I don't and we both get to lodge our opinions on these forums.

I absolutely abhor the tax/protection island system. It is not well thought out nor being implemented well. I don't feel that I should have to pay anyone a tax, screw that. I appreciated and understand Lawless as it is the exact flavor from that of ARK.

Quote

I would suggest going over to the PVE server if this is how you react to losing a boat.

My biggest complaint about this game is "OFFLINE" griefing. When I log out, my stuff should be safe as I am not online to protect it, there is not PVP value in offline griefing, and all NPC defensive measures are prone to become vulnerable. AI cannot begin to compete with human ambition, persistence, and ingenuity.

I enjoy many other PVP aspects about the game and it is not for you to decide if someone should play in a different mode. It sounds to me that you enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing, griefing peoples stuff while they are offline, and you would like continue harassing players structures and hard work while they are offline and unable to defend.

Edited by vaylain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vaylain said:

The fact remains, my ship was stolen. Every night someone heads down the coastlines of islands, placing flags to steal ships. It is an aspect that I feel is ignorant and pointless in this game. If you like it, great man, have fun but I don't and we both get to lodge our opinions on these forums.

I absolutely abhor the tax/protection island system. It is not well thought out nor being implemented well. I don't feel that I should have to pay anyone a tax, screw that. I appreciated and understand Lawless as it is the exact flavor from that of ARK.

My biggest complaint about this game is "OFFLINE" griefing. When I log out, my stuff should be safe as I am not online to protect it, there is not PVP value in offline griefing, and all NPC defensive measures are prone to become vulnerable. AI cannot begin to compete with human ambition, persistence, and ingenuity.

A green anchored brig takes over a day to claim. If you have swivels on deck its even harder for them to drop a flag down.

If you abhor the tax/protection system then it's your responsibility to defend your boats 24/7. If you don't want people to offline grief you, then claim an island or go live as a tax tribe on another one. There are plenty of vacant islands in the game right now that you can easily claim. You don't get to live on an island that requires 0 upkeep and have the luxury of invulnerable ships for 15+ hours a day. You don't get both.

Ai do suck though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SkyKevin said:

A green anchored brig takes over a day to claim. If you have swivels on deck its even harder for them to drop a flag down.

If you abhor the tax/protection system then it's your responsibility to defend your boats 24/7. If you don't want people to offline grief you, then claim an island or go live as a tax tribe on another one. There are plenty of vacant islands in the game right now that you can easily claim. You don't get to live on an island that requires 0 upkeep and have the luxury of invulnerable ships for 15+ hours a day. You don't get both.

Ai do suck though.

I wouldn't know as I play solo and can only afford to build up to a schooner and it was effectively stolen while I was sleeping and then away at work. That is pretty dumb.

Quote

If you abhor the tax/protection system then it's your responsibility to defend your boats 24/7.

What the hell are you talking about? If I see that something is wrong it is my responsibility to have it corrected and I believe that there should be offline raid protection on any company's structures and tames whenever they have logged off after a certain period of time. I had just posted how there can be no valid AI defensive system in ATLAS as AI cannot even begin to compete with human ambition, persistence, and ingenuity.

That is exactly what these forums are for, to lodge a complaint and see if the DEVs agree. I can care less about what you think about my opinion.

Edited by vaylain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its Bs to steal ships, it doesnt belong in this game.

Also how can you see who did attack you or did steal thing from you?

I am new to this game on xbox, in a few weeks i will make a post about more bs in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THEN DONT PLAY PVP. I hate this shit. Dont effin complain about stealing. Do you kniw what pirates did back then? They stole and looted and plundered? THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:34 PM, Boycott751 said:

THEN DONT PLAY PVP. I hate this shit. Dont effin complain about stealing. Do you kniw what pirates did back then? They stole and looted and plundered? THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME

Thing is, pirates back then slept on their ships and didn't need to go to work the next day, so stealing it would have taken a lot more effort.

If this game continues to cater to no-life gamers then we will see same thing happen this wipe as we did the other two with the majority of players just giving up, leaving all the no-lifers complaining they have to travel 4-5 grids to find any PVP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your ship can't even be stolen if someone is sleeping on it in a locked room or if a single NPC is alive on board. You choose to live in lawless then adapt to the situation instead of complaining about mechanics of the game that are in reality in need of a buff, not a nerf. The entire point of lawless is so that there's always land available for new players to get started and build a ship to go adventuring with. The land claim system currently allows you to select a 15 hour peace time phase where no one can do PVP or destroy unanchored ships and structures except for the claim holder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 2:34 PM, Boycott751 said:

THEN DONT PLAY PVP. I hate this shit. Dont effin complain about stealing. Do you kniw what pirates did back then? They stole and looted and plundered? THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME

What has stealing to with pvp????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe ship stealing should be part of the game however I feel like it's been done all wrong, I say Increase the time it takes to steal anqored ships, and also hear me out now, make the sails and steering wheel of a ship usable by anyone so that if a ship is out at sea it can have a flag placed on it and be driven away.( claim flag drops if you go I to a freeport) would make ship stealing more realistic and actually FUN. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the old this is a pyrate mmo comes out everytime you have an idea that's controversial. Even though this isn't strictly a pyrate mmo anyway. I'd like to add that pyrates rarely attacked each other  for the reason that they knew it would be a fight to the death with barely any chance of surrender. Most pyrates would work together when it suited them. They attacked naval vessels and merchant ships mostly. Yeh there were rivalries aboard a ship amongst the men, but not with other pyrate ships. This game is not a realistic pyrate mmo ,anymore than lord of the rings is a ww2 novel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlas really isn't a game tailored to the Solo Player. There is no way that a solo player will be capable of holding even the smallest Island unless they No-Life the game, and in that case it will probably be taken over eventually by a larger group of players seeking out a new home. If you choose to play solo, than you better learn to expect these things to happen. People play according to "their" schedule, not yours, so getting hit while "you" are offline is inevitable. This is where a Company comes in handy, to handle these kinds of things while you are offline. 

As for preventing damage while offline, people would exploit this mechanic. Imagine coordinating a large scale raid on an Island only to have the inhabitants log off to prevent the raid from happening. Laaaame. Be greatful there even is a peace timer to begin with. 

Lastly, this is a Pirate game, based off the concept of Piracy (aka stealing other people's stuff). Stealing anybodys anything makes sense if implemented properly. Also, if you could respond with another rage induced profanity rant that would be ideal... We are all having a pretty good laugh. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well actually pyracy is robbery at sea, not sure about ships that are docked but I guess they are on water. Also this is supposed to be based on the golden age of pyracy 1650 - 1720 where pyrates worked together, with no mention I can find of a submarine a giant crab torpedoes and a dragon! This is at best a fantasy game now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 9:42 PM, vaylain said:

Please remove the ship stealing aspect from the game or at the very least, increase the time necessary or force the would-be-thief to have to stand in the vicinity of the ship being stolen otherwise it nullifies the claiming process. It is a major pain in the ass for a solo tribe to build a freaking boat and then notice when someone has attempted to steal your ship overnight. It is pretty fucking stupid to have a stolen boat that resides within your stone-walled shipping yard.

Don't give me the excuse of having an NPC on a puckle gun because that is a pretty lame defense for smaller/solo tribes as we cannot afford the gold nor have the extra skill points to acquire the puckle gun and our other needed skills. Just freaking play your game Grapeshot and then you will see just how fucking stupid ship stealing is right now.

you are playing a pirate game .... rofl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ship stealing isn't even bad. It takes hours just to steal a sloop, and it does notify you. I think you are playing the wrong game buddy or you dont need to be playing an official server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ship Schooner or bigger takes over a day to claim. It's far more likely that someone will just shoot one of your planks and sink your ship that way. The system needs a buff. I would suggest shorten the claim timer for unanchored ships but keep the claim timer duration for green anchored ships OR as Mike said earlier in this thread, allow some way for people to control enemy ships whether its sails/wheel so that you can spend the 2+ days moving the boat somewhere safe that you can claim it.

If someone were to steal my schooner, brig or galleon I could simply sail a raft over to where it was left and scuttle it with the current timers the way they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 10:15 PM, vaylain said:

I wouldn't know as I play solo and can only afford to build up to a schooner and it was effectively stolen while I was sleeping and then away at work. That is pretty dumb.

What the hell are you talking about? If I see that something is wrong it is my responsibility to have it corrected and I believe that there should be offline raid protection on any company's structures and tames whenever they have logged off after a certain period of time. I had just posted how there can be no valid AI defensive system in ATLAS as AI cannot even begin to compete with human ambition, persistence, and ingenuity.

That is exactly what these forums are for, to lodge a complaint and see if the DEVs agree. I can care less about what you think about my opinion.

you are playing the game wrong mate, lawless is exactly as the name implies, lawless, no protection, if people want to just randomly raid nobodys the 1st place they go is lawless. just go and settle on someone land and if you want to avoid tax go to a lawless grid to farm resources, also as a solo player be ready to take some shit, you are a easy target to begin with... if you think somone stealing ur ship over night is bad....boy you still have some dickery to experience lol.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×