gadefence

Allow better land management for landlords

A bunch of people have started setting up on our island ,and a few are starting to foundation spam. I've had to go around killing their foundations and setting up my own to prevent it. There needs to be better land management, bring back the old land claim flags but allow settlement owners to place them for people so settles have certainty on their builds and less ass annoyance for us land lords.

They need to make it so you can pick allies only then remove the alliance limit so you can control who builds where rather than a new taming trap every day.

~Lotus

Going to own an island you can not be lazy. That is the whole point of anyone being able to build anywhere. Do not want them there then you have to destroy what they build. Have to be diligent to get rid of the spammers. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DilBert said:

Going to own an island you can not be lazy. That is the whole point of anyone being able to build anywhere. Do not want them there then you have to destroy what they build. Have to be diligent to get rid of the spammers. 

Nah. You just have to foundation spam.

I'm just saying it should be easier to give settlers what they want while keeping out undesirable behavior like foundation spam.

We have the problem, that we cant demolish new settlers anymore. Dont know why, but its only "chinese" buildings we cant demolish 🤔

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lotus said:

They need to make it so you can pick allies only then remove the alliance limit so you can control who builds where rather than a new taming trap every day.

~Lotus

and then we are back to the early days of players having nowhere to build again , 

the point of this system was to stop that . 

u can’t force alliances just so that people can build. 

• Like 2

personally I'd like to nominate a company / player black list, so you can prevent known miscreants rolling on to your land and continuing their building malpractice.

There could then be a conglomerate of island owners subscribing to facilitate a sanction on known problematic players / companies, rather than tearing out hair and playing whack-a-mole with structures that appear over night every night by the same well known troll.

12 hours ago, gadefence said:

A bunch of people have started setting up on our island ,and a few are starting to foundation spam. I've had to go around killing their foundations and setting up my own to prevent it. There needs to be better land management, bring back the old land claim flags but allow settlement owners to place them for people so settles have certainty on their builds and less ass annoyance for us land lords.

Never liked the land ownership to begin with. It needs to be build anywhere. If there is a problem with foundation spam than make it have to be atleast a 1x1 to block building.

if people spam 1x1’s then oh well at least they are wasting a lot of time.

still needs to be build anywhere. The flag and claim system was dumb from they beginning. They tried something new. It was stupid, so now it is time to get rid of it

The claim system still sucks. Island owners are assholes, foundation spammers are assholes, the [] [] [] [] are assholes. 

We are almost right back where we started.

People wanted 1 claim per person, maybe an extra 1 or 2 for a company. Instead we got a system where you just take the whole island. People warned this system would still suck. They were right.

Everyone said foundation spam would be an issue. They were right. So how did this NOT get addressed?

Raised company limit by 50% to 75, bad move,  favors megas on a "non mega" server. Now 2 companies allied are back at 150! On Colonies! Why? WTF! 

Exploits found and guess what, "megas" and friends not banned. We were told they would be tougher on cheaters this time around, instead not only are they not banned, they are rewarded! They all get to keep lvl 100+!

How bout, we go back to 50 members per company, no alliances, trash the god damn island owner system untill better game theory is learned. Go full lawless. Oh and fucking ban the cheaters!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, uli said:

and then we are back to the early days of players having nowhere to build again , 

the point of this system was to stop that . 

u can’t force alliances just so that people can build. 

No the problem with that system was like the company of 3 that had 75 claims. If people want to set their land to everybody cool but I would like to prevent people from setting traps all over the place.

15 hours ago, DilBert said:

That is not the point of this game. If I wanted to fight people I would PvP not on this game though cause PvP is just full of cheaters.

7 hours ago, Vorxius said:

personally I'd like to nominate a company / player black list, so you can prevent known miscreants rolling on to your land and continuing their building malpractice.

There could then be a conglomerate of island owners subscribing to facilitate a sanction on known problematic players / companies, rather than tearing out hair and playing whack-a-mole with structures that appear over night every night by the same well known troll.

This game does not have the technology for a player prevention at this time. You can change your company ID by making a new company then just merging it.

6 hours ago, Realist said:

Never liked the land ownership to begin with. It needs to be build anywhere. If there is a problem with foundation spam than make it have to be atleast a 1x1 to block building.

if people spam 1x1’s then oh well at least they are wasting a lot of time.

still needs to be build anywhere. The flag and claim system was dumb from they beginning. They tried something new. It was stupid, so now it is time to get rid of it

The further from Ark's trash land management system this game gets the better it gets. A 1x1 is pretty cheap even a 2x2 is cheap and easy to make. The only way a freebuild would work is if they have enough GM's on staff. With that said this game isn't really making sales so where does that money come from? I've bought the game for a few people and they won't even install it cause of how bad the reviews are. That is more about how cheaters go unpunished.

5 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

The claim system still sucks. Island owners are assholes, foundation spammers are assholes, the [] [] [] [] are assholes. 

We are almost right back where we started.

People wanted 1 claim per person, maybe an extra 1 or 2 for a company. Instead we got a system where you just take the whole island. People warned this system would still suck. They were right.

Everyone said foundation spam would be an issue. They were right. So how did this NOT get addressed?

Raised company limit by 50% to 75, bad move,  favors megas on a "non mega" server. Now 2 companies allied are back at 150! On Colonies! Why? WTF! 

Exploits found and guess what, "megas" and friends not banned. We were told they would be tougher on cheaters this time around, instead not only are they not banned, they are rewarded! They all get to keep lvl 100+!

How bout, we go back to 50 members per company, no alliances, trash the god damn island owner system untill better game theory is learned. Go full lawless. Oh and fucking ban the cheaters!!

Enable ally only build stops the foundation spam on PvE. For PvP you can just kill them and blow up their stuff.

The reason they arn't banned is because they don't really have technology to catch cheaters in mass. Battleye is a joke imo but I compare it to Blizzard's Warden which was several millions of dollars to make.

You can't limit massive congregations of players. I saw how the AoP operated and it was crazy how much information was being spread through that. It was not done through the in game alliance system.

As for PvPing in this game it's basically cheat when you can as often as you can as hard as you can grats you're a winner. The people have to compensate for the fact they have no talent or skill by cheating.

~Lotus

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

This game does not have the technology for a player prevention at this time. You can change your company ID by making a new company then just merging it.

True, however, if you can black list specific player names as well as company ID's, then the only way they'd be able to circumvent that would be to delete / roll a new character, which would leave their existing spam vulnerable to the bulldozers after a set number of days.  Either they have to roll a new company to get around the black list, or roll a new character.. Either way it's a pain in the ass  😉  and, they lose 😄

Edited by Vorxius

15 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

True, however, if you can black list specific player names as well as company ID's, then the only way they'd be able to circumvent that would be to delete / roll a new character, which would leave their existing spam vulnerable to the bulldozers after a set number of days.  Either they have to roll a new company to get around the black list, or roll a new character.. Either way it's a pain in the ass  😉  and, they lose 😄

I have to agree. There may be potential workarounds but a blacklist would be far better than a whitelist.

Anyone could still build anywhere, but if a landowner wants a specific person gone they can get rid of them, or at least make it require more effort than the average troll is willing to put in.

No the problem with that system was like the company of 3 that had 75 claims.

so now we have a company of 3 that owns an entire island what’s the difference there isn’t one , except now everyone can build where they want too which works better for the game ,

this new system was designed to allow anyone to build anywhere that was the  point of it no other reason

, if the game devs  had wanted island owners to be able to set build permissions they would have included it , instead they gave island owners a limited window to clean up or remove u wanted structures, if they choose not to take advantage of it and keep the island free if span them that is their choice ,they knew how the system was going to work before they claimed the islands then they moan when they can’t keep up with the job of island owenership . 

island owners can’t have it their own way all the time , 

~Lotus

17 minutes ago, uli said:

so now we have a company of 3 that owns an entire island what’s the difference there isn’t one , except now everyone can build where they want too which works better for the game ,

this new system was designed to allow anyone to build anywhere that was the  point of it no other reason

, if the game devs  had wanted island owners to be able to set build permissions they would have included it , instead they gave island owners a limited window to clean up or remove u wanted structures, if they choose not to take advantage of it and keep the island free if span them that is their choice ,they knew how the system was going to work before they claimed the islands then they moan when they can’t keep up with the job of island owenership . 

island owners can’t have it their own way all the time , 

Where did you get this information from?

The whole island system was for PvP to prevent naked flagspam harassment. PvE was going to get the everything decays but on non-lawless you would feed resources into a box that auto repaired your structure which caused an outcry because it was worse than the other claim. They needed to remove the old claim system from PvE because there were atleast 3 ways you could forcibly remove a claim flag, regardless of upkeep, which to my knowledge was never fixed they just introduced this new system which makes it so you can't do it. (You might be able to do 1 of them but I don't care to try).

If the company of 3 has the points they should be able to have their island. I do also believe that the upkeep needs to be raised to that the owners have to pay more to keep their islands to prevent a company of 3 that did a member trade can't hold an island they shouldn't have.

The dev's favor PvP and PvE is an afterthought. With that in mind we will have the PvP systems implemented then adapted for PvE which is why they just gave a window. I personally don't want to play against other players right now, with that in mind I don't want to to have to deal with somebody doing stupid crap every day.

~Lotus

1. foundations take no time to place.

2. foundations take time to demolish.

end result is someone can foundation spam faster than a landlord can remove them.

eventually the spammer will win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skyroguen said:

1. foundations take no time to place.

2. foundations take time to demolish.

end result is someone can foundation spam faster than a landlord can remove them.

eventually the spammer will win.

And that is if you can find them all need to look in the grass and behind trees and in the water and on cliffs... You also need to be able to hold E on them which I know a few ways to make that pretty hard to do which also needs to be fixed.

~Lotus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Came up with a quest! We are floating on the islands, we hide the pillars in the water in stones and rocks! Who is bigger!