Sign in to follow this  
SkyKevin

Make Sails Fun

There should be a minigame or some kind of mechanic in place for players who are sailing on a ship. I know they're working on adding more stuff to do while you're sailing from point A to point B and I think some sort of sailing minigame or rigging objective would be perfect to keep players out at sea instead of bed teleporting away for 90% of the voyage.

I think the best way to do this would be to keep everything the way it is currently but add a bonus to sail speed for any sails that are manned by a human player. You could make them have a higher turn speed, velocity, and even possibly damage reduction to sails if they have a human player on board controlling them. This would help to break the current meta of having only npc's on sails all the time and I think people would appreciate being able to go somewhere much faster if they have the human crew to help them do it.

Imagine instead of doing a galleon trade run by yourself for 2 hours, you get your mates on all 6 sails and it only takes you 30 minutes because all your guys are working together trying to keep them correctly in the wind or doing whatever minigame they could come up with.