Sign in to follow this  
JonnyCH

Rafts and buildings

Hi!

Can someone explain one thing to me? I made a raft, i made a smithy and bad etc on it. And when i came back frome work next day i got nothing. All my stuff has gone, while i was in the office lol. That was a surprise lol!

Whats the point to made something if it's dissapear in 6-8 hours? And how can i build something big or planning things if in one day i can lose it all while i'll be on vacation for day or two? It's just stupid. Or should i beacame a streamer for gaming 24/7 to protect my progress??????? Bravo.

Yes, iam only lvl 8 and don't wanna go anywhere from starting island for now. Just because i got killed by hi lvl creatures all the time on other islandes. May B later.

Plus.

Claiming system is just retarded =)))

Vitamin system is dumb in my opinion. esp. fish vitamin...

Now i will thinking about to play in this game or not. I dont wanna log in after hard working lvling Blacksmith (for examle) and got nothing after break for a 4-5 days. Because devs will ruin all the buildings and stashes with materials in 6-8 hours while i am working IRL??? What chose they have for a servers? Otherwise there will be empty towns all over the map...

Just wierd.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, a raft seems to degenerate in about 6-10 hours in a Freeport.  There's a couple skills in Captaincy that decrease degeneration by 20/15/15%, but I don't know if you need to be physically aboard for it to work.

Someone told me told me that raft gets 16 dmg per 5 minute.

If its true i wil quite this game because i couldn't leave the starting zone in 16 hours, i always lose my raft when i login.

Would it be  too much trouble to get to a lawless area? 

I havnt had the chance to play much yet but I spawned into a lawless zone and claiming of land was not even permitted. 

Im not sure how long it would take tot ravel  by raft to a lawless zone - or maybe it is worth just spawning in one and trying to get a small land base built before trying to build your first boat?

Edited by Mistermcg

You’ll want to sail out of a lawless zone if you want a real claim. Found out the squares north, south, east, and set of freeports are lawless. You have to go beyond those to put down a flag. 

I don't think the boat degrades that much. Out at sea in about 24hrs I lost 4k of my 10k raft HP at raft LVL 3 put points into sturdiness of the boat. If you have a claim and anchor boat it losses little to no hp

1 hour ago, Ban said:

Someone told me told me that raft gets 16 dmg per 5 minute.

If its true i wil quite this game because i couldn't leave the starting zone in 16 hours, i always lose my raft when i login.

That would seem pretty darn close to what I'm seeing...  

It's kind of a catch 22 for them & a heck of balancing issue..  trying to prevent a horde/traffic jam/parking lot of rafts while ensuring enough 'time' to gather/prepare for 'sailing' onwards from the starter areas.