Boredaholic

Starting out and getting somewhere

1.) Join a freeport server.

2.) Punch trees till you have enough wood. Find a spot close to the spawn that's kind of hidden.

3.) Drop all.

4.) Respawn, run back to your bag you dropped with wood then collect stone and what you need to get your pickaxe.

After that get your hatchet, make spears.

To dive a little deeper into it.

When getting hide, pay attention to the level of the animal you are trying to kill. If you are surrounded by cows and bulls DO NOT attack them.

Find an elephant/animal that's solo or has 1 other near it. Make SURE you have at least 4-8 spears your first go around. Would hate to get to your 2nd elephant and die because not enough spears.

Start collecting hide/fiber/wood to get your first raft.

You can purchase your first raft at the NPC on the docks. this is your HOME!

Gather everything needed for a bed next, don't take your raft anywhere until you have a bed on it.

Everytime you get close to dying or you have a vitamin deficiency, find a spot to hide, drop all, die then go get your stuff back. (It's scary at first but once you get the hang of it for the first bit it's easy)

After you have a bed on your raft build a large storage chest.

Now you're set! Start gathering to get your smithy and metal tools. In the mean time of gathering get the bow and make arrows. MUCH easier to get hide with it and level the rest of the way to 8 if you aren't max level for freeport as it is.

This is JUST a quick run down while i have time to post something. I will be updating this further in a few. In the mean time good luck and have fun!

By doing this i am now in a freeport area with pistols. Just remember to repair your rafts!

did this several times till i had a raft decked out till it could not hold more mats... started to sail into another area twice and lost all my stuff both times cuz game crashed as i switched server and i could not rejoin... now im building multiple rafts in freeport and deck them out... -_-

Why would you drop and hide loot? You can gather everything to buy a raft, make a bed, fire and a loot chest in one haul, even before you run out of water or vitamines!

Kill few level 1-4 cows and  You have all the leather/meat needed,  you can even kill them with your bare hands without any issue.
Just make sure there is no bull around 😄

Edited by Zappa

What's wrong with getting the skill and crafting a bow with 30-ish arrows, look for the ideal position of higher ground and kill an elephant? loads of meat, hide and exp.

Guys this was posted near release date. Game has updated an insane amount. This guide would only be helpful for anyone that plays the game at an extreme slow pace. otherwise it's so very outdated.