Whitehawk

When a company splits

Sink all their ships, unlock the skills related to salvage resources, salvage every resources put all of that in a treasury box with a pin code for him, split your company resource as you see fit. You sound like a reasonable dude. unclaim all the animals, put everything in a designated area and give him 7 days. You need to be explicit about it. After the 7 days you'll destroy everything, not take any resource and let the animals die tell him that.  Add some extra gold to the mix. KEEP a copy of EVERY conversation you have with this dude. 

I've been an admin for years. Managed several hundreds of people on different servers and games, my advice to you is to not operate worrying about what others are going to think about your decisions, in short you should never operate in fear. Yes, in order to rule justly you will have to weight many variables but in the end it should be your decision alone and try to be practical. Like others have said you are in an admin position, own it. He is using your good nature agaisnt you, don't let him. Take control of the situation split everything. The tames and animals thing is just an excuse nothing you can't handle yourself. Btw he sounds like a child, that's another thing you should avoid, never team up with a child. Also you should not wait for him to "cool down" he threaten you, he will do it again or will try to do it again. 

Finally you need to acknowledge something, he is going to do something  or idk post something on the forums or whatev, it matters not. That's fine, keep track of everythign you are doing screenshots and conversations of this. Make this transition public amongst your members so everyone is aware of what you are doing, make it about them and not about him, and by them I mean your members and his, be an admin, portray him as the small mindless child he is.

Divide and conquer.

4 hours ago, Derfel said:

annoyingly it also works the other way , im actually joining whitehawk's company , but all the stuff that i made beforehand will be lost due to my char renaming his "solo company" from his name to another...
We cant merge as that kicks everyone but him and I from the reformed company (different timezones issue) and the alliance slots are ridiculously small..
its come to the point where I'm slowly tranfering him all my stuff , and sinking my galleon/brigs to then join up with bugger all..
not a well thought out clan system

I'm confused why you can't just merge into him?

~Lotus

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

I'm confused why you can't just merge into him?

~Lotus

it only merges the leaders , so everyone else (all in his company) gets kicked and needs reinviting , and with them being in different timezones and playtimes ..its easier to just rebuild

12 minutes ago, Derfel said:

it only merges the leaders , so everyone else (all in his company) gets kicked and needs reinviting , and with them being in different timezones and playtimes ..its easier to just rebuild

Merge into his company then transfer leadership?

~Lotus

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Merge into his company then transfer leadership?

~Lotus

it may be we've gotten confused then...so if i merge into his company (which is what I want) it doesn't nuke the members of both companies? just the one thats being merged (my solo company)?

So you go up to him he invites, this gives you the option to join or merge if you hit merge everything with your company's ID on it comes over except the land you own (so empty your flag/bank). When you do it will bring you just you to his tribe anybody in your tribe will also need an invite. Nothing happens to his tribe.

EDIT: Needs to be an owner to owner thing.

~Lotus

Edited by Lotus
owner to owner

On 5/24/2019 at 5:07 PM, Derfel said:

it may be we've gotten confused then...so if i merge into his company (which is what I want) it doesn't nuke the members of both companies? just the one thats being merged (my solo company)?

To merge, YOU must be the owner of the company.  You select to merge the company.  When you do, YOU join the new company, and ALL assets of the company now belong to the new company.  All structures, all items not on a person, all ships, and all tames, not belong to the new company.

Do your chores before merging.  Check the levels of everything, and set all levels to zero.  You can set them higher, later, if needed.  What will happen is this...if you had ranks as high as level 6, for instance, and the new company is only using 4, or 5, then everything made by a level 6 person in your old company, will only be accessible to Admins in the new company.  They will need to go around and reset the levels.  Maybe find out what levels they are using, and what levels your people will be given, so that you can just set everything to those levels.  0 is accessible by everyone...even new untrusted people.  So you may want to set them to level 1, 2 or 3, etc., depending on the levels used by the new company.  Doing this beforehand will make for a smoother transition.  Doing this beforehand is the best way to go.

For instance, if they are using 5 levels, and you will be given level 4, but most of your people will be level 2...you will want to set things appropriately.  If you did not want them using your ship, then set your stearing wheel, and sails, and all planks and decks and structures on it, to level 4.  Set their ships to level 2.

You have to do this for every last item.  Anything you do not do this with, may cause problems after the merge.  Maybe a trough will be too high to get into, or demolish.  So now you have to find an Admin to change the levels.  Better to just take a day or two, and check EVERYTHING yourself.

Now, once you have merged, your people must be invited to the new company.  When they wake up, they will be locked inside the building, with no way out, unless there is a pin.  But, this can be a good thing...you just fast travel to their location, and invite them to the new company.