Huck Finnley

Existing structures on claimed island

So a friend and I just claimed a 15 point island this weekend that the previous owner defaulted on. There was one structure not belonging to previous owner that was able to demolish. Previous owners structures couldn't be demolished and some structures of another company couldn't be either. 

Are we potentially stuck with these structures until timer runs out, or longer if owners return before then.

Not saying we gonna give previous owner the boot, as we have yet to meet him since he hasn't been around yet. But it is our island, we thought we had some rights 🙄

any structures build before you claimed the area that have been around more than 24 hrs are perm. same thing if you owned the island all along and let the 24 hr period elapse.

all you can do is wait out the inactive timer and hope the previous player doesn't log on and reset it.

Since those structures were placed down more then 24hrs ago then yes, you are stuck with them until their timer runs out in which case anybody can "demolish" OR the owners can return and refresh the timer.

Your rights as a landowner is the responsibility to clean and upkeep your island from any NEW settlers or structure builds.

I figured as much. I'm on the fence with this feature for sure. On one side, losing your island sucks enough, but losing everything you own as a result would suck more. 

On the other side, met a cool 2 man company while living on lawless and would love to offer a permanent place. But 15 point islands are tiny, and this one is really small do to the fact that half of it is a mountain all the way up to the shoreline.

As for the other 2 structures. I think any incomplete structures should have a shorter timer. Like these two with 3 walls and no roof. ie anything that doesn't give you the shelter bonus

• Like 1