Long Shanks

Ship of the damned camping on the edge of grids ?

1 minute ago, Nari said:

Durability is now a stat you can level manually. 

*Resistance

i see, ty for the info, oh and if you dont mind what the new ship level cap?

Edited by The D Legacy

1 minute ago, The D Legacy said:

i see, ty for the info, oh and if you dont mind what the new ship level cap?

That's not exactly 100% confirmed. 52 i think with a basic shipyard but Mythical raises the cap.

Edited by Nari
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nari said:

That's not exactly 100% confirmed. 52 i think with a basic shipyard but Mythical raises the cap.

thnx a lot

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

have they increase the planks durability or you just have people repairing the damaged planks? 1 full volley of a SotD galleon in the same plank should be able to take it down

Uh... galleons sorta spray and pray.  Yeah, a full volley on one plank would probably get it to leaky but.... They aren't they clustered in their shots.  I usually get to at least the 4th volley before there's even a chance of a leak, and that is a 30+ galelon.  Lower than that is usually dead before the first volley.

I killed a 52 by myself, no repairs needed.

2 hours ago, Nari said:

Its still 41 with a basic (100% quality).  Every 10 quality (round up) is +1 level.  Quality = durability -20 (min 100)

4 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Its still 41 with a basic (100% quality). 

Are you sure? Patch notes say v19.2 - Maximum ship level is now 52 with no mention of reverting it, but its been a while since I've cared to grind the XP.

Also our shipyards are Masterwork.

1 minute ago, Nari said:

Are you sure? Patch notes say v19.2 - Maximum ship level is now 52 with no mention of reverting it, but its been a while since I've cared to grind the XP.

Also our shipyards are Masterwork.

It was reverted at the wipe, those extra levels were what they made into the bonus from quality.

They leave a lot out of the patch notes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

have they increase the planks durability or you just have people repairing the damaged planks? 1 full volley of a SotD galleon in the same plank should be able to take it down

Generally the only way they hit one plank is if you are sailing in the opposite direction at a slow enough rate that as you pass by each cannon on the Gally fires and hits the same spot I’ve had it happen a couple of times to my brig on the lower lvl ships I can take a couple volleys but I’m sure the higher lvls could take a plank in a single pass on my brig but a gally might be able to take a couple since they have double the hp. Otherwise they shotgun the hits and they tend to target your middle/rear  sails so you really have to pay attention to sail health. 

Maybe they can add a feature where when you are in a grid, and go to the map, you can see icons in the closest grids, so a max of two grids.  Those icons would give a pretty close approximation as to where SotD are in those grids.  This should not overload the server with info.  It could also be set that it only shows SotD in close proximity to the grid line.  Would that really be that hard to program?

Necroing because this is still a very big issue just want to say this but these roaming armada of the damned are everywhere in the most northern regions, my fiance phased in to a zone  1 galleon 2 brigs and 2 schooners of the damned chasing a whale and he was facing south and they were all facing west and he got put in between them and the whale. come on this is silly. at least he managed to zone hop in and out and lose them after an arduous battle of weaving but still they practically followed up to shore still anyways.