Sign in to follow this  
Razalon

Chines Destroy the Game

How are they ruining the game?

What needs to happen is players going against the spirit of the game, should be banned.  Not a carpet-wide nationality based discrimination ban.

If you have evidence that players, regardless of where they're from, are exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage, report them.  Let GS sink their teeth in.  People are getting server-wide banned, so report report report using official channels.

PS:  ban any country that gave GB NIL points in the Eurovision...   Cheers!  :classic_biggrin:

Pre wipe chinese was a really big problem. Actually you a few which are "unsocial", but situation is better since wipe.

Are you suggesting that the sharp changes in angles in the cross section of a ship are caused by people having higher latency, and that by removing these players there is no need for these chines and a smoother hull shape could be made?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The island next to ours is run by a Chinese company. They have never been any form of problem and visiting their island is great for resources that they are more than willing to share. Not all people playing Atlas want to ruin it any more than the majority of our Chinese colleagues. Its just a few bad apples no matter what country they come from. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Salty Del said:

Are you suggesting that the sharp changes in angles in the cross section of a ship are caused by people having higher latency, and that by removing these players there is no need for these chines and a smoother hull shape could be made?

Oh for crying out loud.  Sorry OP, thought you meant 'Chinese'.  

Chine

A chine in boating refers to a sharp change in angle in the cross section of a hull. A hull without chines has a gradually curving cross section. The term hard chine indicates an angle with little rounding, where a soft chinewould be more rounded, but still involve the meeting of distinct planes. Chine log construction is a method of building hard chine boat hulls. Hard chines are common in plywood hulls, while soft chines are often found on fiberglass hulls.

My BAD!

These sharp angles really are detrimental to ship safety, and, those pointy edges should be banned.

Well spotted Salty.

• Haha 1

In my experience the entitled American kids are the salty griefers trying to ruin the game for others.  I actually moved closer to China after the wipe because they are better neighbors.

• Like 1

+1

Id almost always prefer a Region lock separating the Asians from the westerners. Why wouldn't we. We have separated NA and EU servers. Should be NA, EU and CH servers.

1. Performance. Less ping, better game play.

2. Language barrier. FFS the proper characters don't even appear. [] [] [] [] [] [] []  <---WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!

3. Cultural differences. Simple things like morality, what is polite, what is rude, are completely different and make interaction even more restrictive.

4. NOT SAYING MOST CHINESE CHEAT. I am saying most cheaters are Chinese (largely because of #3).

But guys............. this post is about Chines, not the Chinese  :classic_sleep:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AntonyVW said:

The island next to ours is run by a Chinese company. They have never been any form of problem and visiting their island is great for resources that they are more than willing to share. Not all people playing Atlas want to ruin it any more than the majority of our Chinese colleagues. Its just a few bad apples no matter what country they come from. 

I'm pretty sure the OP isn't going to let a little thing like the fact that Chinese people are individuals and that there are probably more of them that are helpful and friendly then not get in the way of his blatant racism. I'm pretty sure most races and culture groups have their share of bad apples, I know mine does. To judge everyone of them based on those bad apples is just absurd, but that's racism for ya. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Razalon said:

Set Region block

and kick ppl with Ping over 120

No.

Go away and learn to spell.

And stop being xenophobic. Boxes in chat and high ping can just as easily be caused by Russians using Cyrillic alphabet as Chinese. Not everyone on the other side of the world is ruining the game. If you ask me they should get rid of poorly educated small minded simpletons. If you were brighter you would already understand why region block doesn’t work.

Kind of late to be requesting this? since the devs have so much to fix to restore player faith. I doubt the players that left will be coming back any time soon. So your basically left with a pve server...

Like i said before its damage control, since day 1.

3 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Kind of late to be requesting this? since the devs have so much to fix to restore player faith. I doubt the players that left will be coming back any time soon. So your basically left with a pve server...

Like i said before its damage control, since day 1.

Lol, no its not.

1. Its EA, so its called development,  not dmg controll. Dmg controll is this happening at release.

Think battlefields, the new fallout, diablo 3 when they released. Those were all dmg control as lots of people paid full price for a finished product and were served shit.

2. Its EA, and selling for less than half of retail. No one cares about player base at this point in time.

Despite the devs actually saying this out load, some people continue to think anyone gives a shit about player base in a yet to be released game.

3. PvP servers are alive and well. Having fun on them. PvE is a shit show im sure, but only becuase its hard to be a pirate that cant pirate anything.  Why bother?

4. Its EA, its not to late to request anything. In fact, request everything, bc its EA.

-CS

1 hour ago, Chucksteak said:

Lol, no its not.

1. Its EA, so its called development,  not dmg controll. Dmg controll is this happening at release.

Think battlefields, the new fallout, diablo 3 when they released. Those were all dmg control as lots of people paid full price for a finished product and were served shit.

2. Its EA, and selling for less than half of retail. No one cares about player base at this point in time.

Despite the devs actually saying this out load, some people continue to think anyone gives a shit about player base in a yet to be released game.

3. PvP servers are alive and well. Having fun on them. PvE is a shit show im sure, but only becuase its hard to be a pirate that cant pirate anything.  Why bother?

4. Its EA, its not to late to request anything. In fact, request everything, bc its EA.

-CS

How you forget ARK my friend...

5 hours ago, sand man said:

They should Ban everybody apart from me and only me.

I see your clever ruse to get the solo mode you’ve always wanted. 😉

• Haha 1

i don't know about the game, but the forum is crappier than ever thanks to some of their bots spamming all the time.

• Like 3

I think the 7 pages dedicate to [chinese symbols] OFFER [chinese symbols] -can't tell the difference between cantonese and mandarin written personally- should be an indication of the issue.

They are crazy good though. Every single [] [] [] [] I meet is over lvl 100......

Sooo glad I get to play with that community.....

Region blocks... I like it! Now, it's going to be SUPER important that no one ever tell anyone from China about VPNs.

3 minutes ago, Kast said:

Region blocks... I like it! Now, it's going to be SUPER important that no one ever tell anyone from China about VPNs.

Not just Region Blocks, Ping locks too. 300-499 Ping spikes over vpn. Might even be higher at the end.

Not too many developers have done this then put in HWID blocks on top of it all. We all know there is some bypass but adding it in as a standard might make the game play better.

Reducing that might reduce the need for Aimbots. We need to stop justifying a reason why they use those hacks... There is no excuse anymore. NA doesnt care for them, and we shouldn't be encouraging the use of hacks. Take a pro response devs....

On 5/20/2019 at 6:17 AM, Razalon said:

Set Region block

and kick ppl with Ping over 120

I am not Chinese and I play with more than 120 ping.

Some players are troll and they are not all the same.