TomGrooves

Irrigation and farming?

So has anyone been able to actually get some farming up and running? We are located in a desert/temperate biome, and after building a ship and a base we decided it was time to start some farming. So i built a Water Tank + Pipe systems. However i can not place the pipe system in ocean water. Fair enough as it contains too much salt, but i was hoping the tank was able to filter it. Guess not. Then i thought it maybe would be possible to dig a water spring and place the intake there. Nope. Then i read that you could place the tank on the spring. Also a nope. We dont have any lakes or ponds on this island so is it just completely impossible to farm some plants at all the islands that don't have a source of freshwater? If so, i imagine they would all be claimed by now, rendering it completely impossible to do farming? Please tell me i missing something?

If you have water tank rain is enough to fill it and irrigate 3 small crops from rain to rain. Try to make busket and fill crops with it.

The "Intake Pipe" has to go in fresh water.

If you are not able to build near fresh water you are forced to use water storage that will fill with the rains.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mecistios said:

sure rain in the high dessert played over 14 hours not seen any rain

Ye but having a base in the desert comes with a price.

12 hours ago, Scrad said:

The "Intake Pipe" has to go in fresh water.

If you are not able to build near fresh water you are forced to use water storage that will fill with the rains.

What is the "intake" ? All the "T" menu doesnt show intake at all

Thanks!

On 12/26/2018 at 10:51 PM, Mecistios said:

sure rain in the high dessert played over 14 hours not seen any rain

It magically happens when you log out. I live in desert and never seen rain. But when I have been logged out and log in again all open lid water barrels and stone tanks is more or less filled up. Problably necessary that your things is not rendered by anyone else while logged out.