Aizen tempest

problem with sloop direction

Hello,

i drive raft easy with sail, but now with sloop i can't turn and change way.

i have 1 small handling sail and 1 ship steering wheel but i can't turn with sail rotation.

Can you explain me how turn please?

Thx for help.

The sails on rafts can rotate 360 degrees, making is very easy to sail against the wind. The raft, however, has no rudder, and is therefore steered based on the sails direction in relation to the wind.

For ships it is different - The sails rotate 150 degrees (75 each way), but the rudder keeps the boat going straight unless it is turned using the steering wheel. This makes sailing directly into the wind impossible. If you want the sail on your ship to go all the way to the right, rotate them 75 degrees. You want the sails to be green - the line on your sail should be as close as possible to perpendicular with the wind arrow. This may mean you have to zigzag into the wind since you can't just sail straight into it.

I cant rotate sails on any ships but i can steer them if there's a rudder, and i can let the sail down, or roll up. But cant rotate. 

9 hours ago, DevWolf said:

I cant rotate sails on any ships but i can steer them if there's a rudder, and i can let the sail down, or roll up. But cant rotate. 

what sails did u put on your ship?

did you change the direction keys ?

I noticed that if we changed the keys the rudder was no longer usable.

Edited by KuroK

The sails are done from the holding E menu on the mast.. option rotate sails..   sails and rudder are completely indpendant.

Great question. 

Since you have a sloop, where’s the best place to “anchor” it?

For while offline ?

We’ve made a couple but they’re destroyed by the time we’re back logged into the game? 

Anchor at Freeport? 

Do we turn it in like to “dock” safely somewhere ?