Sign in to follow this  
Saltydog920

Make PVP fun

I really wish they would focus on PVP in regards to movement speeds, animations, weapon balancing etc. There's so much potential to have with sword fighting and flint lock fights, but as it stands the animations and movement speeds are ridiculous.

• The weird floaty jump animation and movements need to be revamped. Sprint speed should be nerfed to match the current "walk" speed. and the current "walk" speed needs to be reduced.
  • Along with running animations, the instant "turn" when you roll your mouse is nuts. Take a page from Rust. They balanced movement PVP speeds and animations properly.
  • Balancing on weapons needs to be done hardcore. There's no reason for the flintlock to do the same damage as a bow.
  • Sword animations need rework. I've never seen anyone use swords. They should be balanced (buffed damage along with slower player movements to make them potentially useful)
  • For the love of everything holy, remove the auto lock on (left alt)
  • The stun is such a ridiculous thing to have in pvp
  • Also, there's no need to show damage number pop ups along with the health bar. It's eye cancer.

Honestly, when (if) server disconnects, timeouts, failed to query host get fleshed out, and PVP gets revamped, this game would be outstanding. You guys hit building, sailing, interactivity, and content out of the park, but PVP is awful. Cheers for the work that's been done so far.

Edited by Saltydog920
  • Like 1

They can start by adding more then 3 ships....

For a so called "naval" PVP game its beyond pathetic but I guess adding more pointless cosmetics seems to be their top priority. No wonder this game died so fast, the players left because of boredom. I know I did, that and every second having multiple Mt Everests on it which take a shit on base location balance.

This game is like being on a cruise ship that is steadily sinking. Everyone is reaching for the life boats while at the same time the crew is desperately trying to hand out brochures for upcoming cruises. No one cares about that crap.

1 minute ago, Bullet Force said:

They can start by adding more then 3 ships....

For a so called "naval" PVP game its beyond pathetic but I guess adding more pointless cosmetics seems to be their top priority. No wonder this game died so fast, the players left because of boredom. I know I did, that and every second having multiple Mt Everests on it which take a shit on base location balance.

This game is like being on a cruise ship that is steadily sinking. Everyone is reaching for the life boats while at the same time the crew is desperately trying to hand out brochures for upcoming cruises. No one cares about that crap.

Game is pretty alive 🙂

1 minute ago, Willard said:

Game is pretty alive 🙂

Maybe in PVE land, I don't know of any of my fellow PVP buddies that are still playing this. We pretty much all left when the devs decided to go ahead and delete the PVP server.

10 hours ago, Saltydog920 said:

I really wish they would focus on PVP in regards to movement speeds, animations, weapon balancing etc. There's so much potential to have with sword fighting and flint lock fights, but as it stands the animations and movement speeds are ridiculous.

• The weird floaty jump animation and movements need to be revamped. Sprint speed should be nerfed to match the current "walk" speed. and the current "walk" speed needs to be reduced.
  • Along with running animations, the instant "turn" when you roll your mouse is nuts. Take a page from Rust. They balanced movement PVP speeds and animations properly.
  • Balancing on weapons needs to be done hardcore. There's no reason for the flintlock to do the same damage as a bow.
  • Sword animations need rework. I've never seen anyone use swords. They should be balanced (buffed damage along with slower player movements to make them potentially useful)
  • For the love of everything holy, remove the auto lock on (left alt)
  • The stun is such a ridiculous thing to have in pvp
  • Also, there's no need to show damage number pop ups along with the health bar. It's eye cancer.

Honestly, when (if) server disconnects, timeouts, failed to query host get fleshed out, and PVP gets revamped, this game would be outstanding. You guys hit building, sailing, interactivity, and content out of the park, but PVP is awful. Cheers for the work that's been done so far.

I both agree, and disagree with you.  I agree that the sprinting speed is way too much, but I do not think that reducing it to the walk speed is right.  It just needs to be more realistic.  Of course, this would make riding creatures even more important.  A horse would be more valuable, or even a pig, as it would run faster than you can.  We might see more of these animals in fights, as people use them to move around the islands much faster, in defenses, and offenses.  This would also give the defenders a bit more of an advantage in defending, since they would have more tames to use.  Cargo Galleons/Brigs would be more important for PvP, as you would need them to transport more tames.

Second, it's quite realistic for the Bow and Arrow to do the same damage as a Flintlock.  Flintlocks weren't actually that powerful.  Oh sure, sometimes they killed people with one shot, but so too did arrows.  Plus, a boy and arrow should be much more accurate at medium to long range.  A Flintlock should be close range only.  They were notoriously inaccurate.  Pistols today are far far more accurate, but even they are not very accurate at longer ranges.  Bows also need different tips.  The arrow you use, should determine its effectiveness against each target.  Against bears, and other tough creatures, you would want the appropriate arrow head.  Against those in armor, you would want armor piercing arrowheads...and yes, those were a thing, back during the time of men in armor.  And then need to stop nerfing the range of the bow.  It's ridiculously short.  While a flat trajectory is not realistic, neither is the trajectory of these bows.  Too much drop, or so it seems from my real life experience shooting bows.  Maybe give us different bows to upgrade to...like longbows, etc...

While there is no universal design of a Flintlock Pistol; they can range from a small Derringer to .50 Cal at least. A good marksman can have an effective killing range of 50 yards; but in a heated engagement this range can drop to about 10-20 ft. To compensate for their relatively short range and the possibility of a misfire, Pirates would carry multiple pistols at once; hanging on their belts, coats, bandoliers, ect. A basic pirate could carry at least 6 pistols on 2 bandoliers (each bandolier carrying about 3 pistols) and at least 4 more pistols on his belt. The wooden handle could also serve as a bludgeoning weapon to Pistol Whip. Pirates sometimes carried a Flintlock in one hand with their sword in the other, and shot enemies at point blank while sword fighting.

https://deadliestwarrior.fandom.com/wiki/Flintlock_Pistol

My personal note...the 50 yards range would be highly unlikely in anything but competition shooting, with finely crafted and maintained guns, in the hands of the best shooters.  It was not uncommon for people to miss at 20 paces, in duels...even less common were a killing shot.  Many many times, people survived the first shot, in a duel, using flintlocks.  Probably the reason they were used.  Death of one participant was anything but certain.

Agree that swords, and other Melee weapons need to be revamped.  The two handed weapons should do the most damage, and have the longer ranges, but also be the slowest.  The brass knuckles should be the fastest to use, and do the least amount of damage.  The sword should fall in the middle.

Don't like the damage numbers, but is there an anti-cheat function there?  If somebody one shots people, wouldn't it be nice to see if his carbine, or flintlock, or arrow, is doing an absurd amount of damage?  If the damage numbers aren't visible, they should be in a death log, showing each time you were hit, and how much damage was done each time.  This would be used to report cheaters, which would be used by the Devs to investigate the culprit.

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

Maybe in PVE land, I don't know of any of my fellow PVP buddies that are still playing this. We pretty much all left when the devs decided to go ahead and delete the PVP server.

I think your information is wrong. I was on the PvP server all weekend, its good and well, lots of people. They did delete the Empire server, but it was a troll job to begin with. Every island on almost every grid is claimed or inhabited. In fact, I would say its more active now than it was in its first incarnation. 

2 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Hehe, Im playing on EU PvP, don´t worry 🙂 Still very much alive. And u know what? Im enjoying PvP much more now without offline raiding (which you somehow consider "PvP"). Noone was interested in Empires server with offline bullshit. 

Edited by Willard