Sign in to follow this  
Vorxius

2x weekend (i'm going mad?)

Just did a treasure map, am I going mad or does the 2x weekend no longer accommodate gold?

Main menu doesn't mention gold, so clearly I'm not going mad.   Does anyone know if this is a permanent arrangement?  I'd typically use our lovely 2x weekends to catch up on gold reserves as well as other resources.  During the week is neigh on impossible to get any solid game time in.  Fear we're gonna struggle without it.

👍

5 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

nigh impossible

Do regular maps between 2.0 and 5.0 quality in a single zone and you'll make 2500-3000 gold in a couple of hours. Low danger, use a bear, plus you probably don't even have to move more than one zone. I don't see the problem.

• Like 1

Shipwrecks are a decent way to earn gold now too and they recently doubled the gold they give. Pop on a sextant buff and you could eaisly make a few k gold in no time. Sure beats sailing halfway across the globe for a map that has a chance of being unreachable.

• Like 2

Yeh i think they removed the 2x gold so the cheats and exploiters don't get even richer.   I get plenty just killing whales.  I got 20k gold atm in my chest that's plenty for me.

• Like 1

Jat posted that it won't always be 2x a specific thing. They want to try different bonuses out like 2x SOTD ship kill exp and others. If it isn't listed in the splash message as that particular bonus, odds are you ain't getting it. Shipwrecks and flotsam were increased 20% in a recent patch because they realized no one was doing that content. The game only rewards active players. The whole setup discourages the casual who wants to log in every few days and putter around on a boat. Take more than a 10 day break as a solo player and come back to having lost all your stuff on land, tames claimed, boat decayed and sunk (takes longer than that, but still happens).

• Like 1

Cheers guys, good to see some helpful and rational replies.  Cudos granted.

What it boils down for me is that if 2x gold is no longer a thing for maps, then it devalues weekend time.  (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).  It means that weekend gold runs are no longer a thing.  It doesn't matter if I do maps during the week or, as previous as a group thing on Sat evenings when I'm not in the recording studio.   Been a bit of an Atlas tradition, Deliveroo a KFC, don the pirate hat (IRL), and go bee-lining for as many maps as possible.  😄

Talking of shipwrecks, took me a while to figure out that an oil lantern works under water (whoohoo)!  and that if you push 'X' it removes your breathing gear.  (oops).

Waffling.  Thanks for the replies people.

7 hours ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Jat posted that it won't always be 2x a specific thing. They want to try different bonuses out like 2x SOTD ship kill exp and others. If it isn't listed in the splash message as that particular bonus, odds are you ain't getting it. Shipwrecks and flotsam were increased 20% in a recent patch because they realized no one was doing that content. The game only rewards active players. The whole setup discourages the casual who wants to log in every few days and putter around on a boat. Take more than a 10 day break as a solo player and come back to having lost all your stuff on land, tames claimed, boat decayed and sunk (takes longer than that, but still happens).

Yeah it sucks how they went from 2-3 weeks afk time (PvE) to 10 days without a word. But then again.. no one wanted the crappy island claim system in the first place. I guess they greatly overestimate the fun factor of their game.