Sign in to follow this  
Jean Lafitte

Nope, game still fucked, not coming back.

10 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

That's not a great problem analysis.  Could be his network, could be a configuration setting, could be a problem peculiar to his graphics card only when combined with a particular setting, etc.  You don't just run out and buy a new pc without looking at those things.

No you look at those things and then as required upgrade or buy an entire new pc.  You don't go onto forums and blame a game with which many others are not having the exact same issue.  Sure the games crashed for me as well, on one day it crashed 5 times in a single hour.. then I left that region and it was fine.  But that doesn't make the entire game at fault.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 11:26 PM, Jean Lafitte said:

My god, look who turned into the fanboy

Aww shucks you got me jeez...u fellaz on the interweb are smart..

Edited by Nutcutt3r
bla bla

On 5/19/2019 at 10:06 PM, Jean Lafitte said:

Restarted in a freeport.

Took 2 steps, game froze locked up.

Restarted again.

Played 30 min, game locked up again.

Lost all my shit, Restarted again.

Got my RSloop, next zone over, 5 SOTD dog piled me, ship gone.

Lost all my shit, Ctl-Alt-Del, end task, fuck that.

Waited a week.

Restarted in a new freeport.

Got my RSloop,

Killed by 5 pigs,

Lost all my shit.

Fuck it.

Killed by 5 pigs.

Made my day 👌

17 hours ago, Saltydog920 said:

At least you aren't suffering from the "Unable to Query Server" or "Host Timeout" error.

In many cases this isn't a bug... it's a minor glitch, you just need to wait longer.

Ignore the popup "unable to query server" and "host timeout" and just wait.

However in some cases, due to your distance from network backbones, ie you live in the boonies, this will be an issue, which you'll have for all games.  If this is specifically just with atlas, likelihood is it's just a glitchy popup and you're not waiting long enough, I have a few people like this in my company, no patience, keep exiting the game in task manager, when if they wait the expected 3-4 mins at the start, it eventually loads up.  This is especially bad after patches as the game is still installing and making changes on initial start up.

17 hours ago, Captain Stabbin said:

Wow OP had a rough start!  

Try starting in a different zone!

I remember when I first started, there was rubber banding, it took 10 hours just to get out of the freeport, that was just the sailing and rubberbanding.  The freeports were covered in the bodies of sleeping players.  The game was freezing and crashing.  I'd loved to have been killed by 5 pigs.