Sign in to follow this  
Jean Lafitte

Nope, game still fucked, not coming back.

Restarted in a freeport.

Took 2 steps, game froze locked up.

Restarted again.

Played 30 min, game locked up again.

Lost all my shit, Restarted again.

Got my RSloop, next zone over, 5 SOTD dog piled me, ship gone.

Lost all my shit, Ctl-Alt-Del, end task, fuck that.

Waited a week.

Restarted in a new freeport.

Got my RSloop,

Killed by 5 pigs,

Lost all my shit.

Fuck it.

How are u locked up? 

Other things - losing your stuff at freeport while being killed, killed by 5 pigs, that´s pretty much problem with your ability to play the game, not game itself 😄

Edited by Willard

yeah i think you might want to look at your rig or settings , as its not exactly something other people are experiencing
Maybe lower your settings ?

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Restarted in a freeport.

Restarted again.

Waited a week.

Got my RSloop,

Killed by 5 pigs,

Lost all my shit.

Fuck it.

Buy a better pc.

Don't attack pigs.

6 hours ago, Martyn said:

Buy a better pc.

6 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Hope you have better luck with toilet paper, man you suck.

RIght, because we know this game has been perfect since day one.  My god, look who turned into the fanboy.

It isn't perfect, there's many flaws, but that's no reason for your silly thread.  That just shows who you are.  Not what the game is.

you need a good mid range pc with min 16 gigs ram (better 32g) i know what they say as recommended is lower than this but if you go into or on island  a tile with a mega, ive seen my mem jump from 8-9 gigs to 18+

if you really kill the graphics and lower the rez, you can manage lower, but tbh game looks like shit at those settings

42 minutes ago, Martyn said:

It isn't perfect, there's many flaws, but that's no reason for your silly thread.  That just shows who you are.  Not what the game is.

Game crashing has been a problem since day one.
SOTD have been a problem since they flooded the ocean with them the first week.
And not having your own loot drop in a freeport when you die was a problem the minute they released that stupid patch.

You have no idea who I am but I do know what this game is.

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

And not having your own loot drop in a freeport when you die was a problem the minute they released that stupid patch.

1. SotD aren't a problem, their spawn is really low now.

2. Game doesn't crash that often, max 1-2 times in entire week and server disconnects are in Golden Age Ruins are almost non existent.

3. If you are dying in Freeport then you are doing something wrong. it takes 5 mins to leave freeport with a ramshackle sloop. And your loot drops if you have a ship with a bed in freeport.

4. Its Early Access so it isn't perfect yet, but the frequent crashes you are getting is due to your PC not because the game sucks. I'm playing 8-10 hrs daily since the wipe without any crashes, and my mates aren't crashing for no reason as well so the problem for you is your system and you. 🙂 GL HF. 

About 6-7 months in and still only 3 PVP ships. Yep this game is officially a joke but never mind we get free comsetics that will bring back all the players :classic_rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Got my RSloop,

Killed by 5 pigs,

Lost all my shit.

Fuck it.

Well that happened because you're inept, and is not the fault of the game. 

Lower your video settings..the game doesnt crash that often.. my pc freezes occasionally but i know its my video card its old.. 

And you can recover your loot in freeport now.. find your body,at the base of the big green column in the sky.

The sotd issue was just a fluke, they arent as bad, but you do have to avoid them when they spawn in front of you.

Go try it again and have fun..

Id probly check your pc tho..bad internet, low memory and a old graphics card can make the game not fun

The game was hard for me too when I started.

I never played Ark or any type of survival game.

Once I started playing with more experienced Ark players, and learning the ropes - the game becomes a LOT of fun.

But yes, it seems like you have an issue with your PC or settings. Get that fixed, and then if you need someone to help you get started (EU PVP), message me on Discord.

Jean's not a newbie.  He does know how to do this stuff, and some of what he's saying is true, especially with severe graphics lag.  If you get an unlucky sotd spawn and you're graphics lagged, you're dead, that's all there is to it.  If you're chopping a tree in freeport and a pig wanders up at the wrong time, and you're lagged, you're going to hit it.  Does sound like a pc config issue of some sort though, since nearly everyone is not having those kinds of issues anymore.

My zone is one of the worst ones in the game.  Every single island is massively built up.  We run a constant 150-200ms ping and around bases my rig begs for mercy.  Crashing?  I haven't had one in about a month now.  Its been very stable.  It needs its server/client optimizations, but its stable which I could not say even 2 months ago. 

10 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Jean's not a newbie.  He does know how to do this stuff, and some of what he's saying is true, especially with severe graphics lag.  If you get an unlucky sotd spawn and you're graphics lagged, you're dead, that's all there is to it.  If you're chopping a tree in freeport and a pig wanders up at the wrong time, and you're lagged, you're going to hit it.  Does sound like a pc config issue of some sort though, since nearly everyone is not having those kinds of issues anymore.

then get him a better pc! its all pc end on his end, cause I don't lag, period only the normal loading lag from server to server transfer, that's like a few seconds then am off like a rocket, also having the game on a SSD helps a lot too, cause SSD's read and write really fast, also for server crossing I don't lower my sails I usually keep them open, fully incase there is sotds waiting, cause they can not catch a speed schooner or a brig using 2 speed sails and one handling both large or a brig with 3 large speed sails, or a galleon. and for the pigs mobbing a person, that's intended and should choose a tree(s) away from animals

1 hour ago, Coldpaws said:

then get him a better pc! its all pc end on his end, cause I don't lag, period only the normal loading lag from server to server transfer, that's like a few seconds then am off like a rocket, also having the game on a SSD helps a lot too, cause SSD's read and write really fast, also for server crossing I don't lower my sails I usually keep them open, fully incase there is sotds waiting, cause they can not catch a speed schooner or a brig using 2 speed sails and one handling both large or a brig with 3 large speed sails, or a galleon. and for the pigs mobbing a person, that's intended and should choose a tree(s) away from animals

That's not a great problem analysis.  Could be his network, could be a configuration setting, could be a problem peculiar to his graphics card only when combined with a particular setting, etc.  You don't just run out and buy a new pc without looking at those things.

I don't have the problems you have been having although I have experienced "shooter game" errors, quite few more than usual but nothing on the scale you are experiencing.

I think this might be pc related and not the game itself, are you playing on high settings with low end pc? Stay away from the pigs, turn when you see sotd and you'll be fine.

The game isn't perfect but I still love the game, just stick with it and you will pick it up and enjoy it more.

its how you play the game OP...i wasnt gonna come back after wipe but my mate talked me round for one more time sink lol..

i came back a week and a half after wipe...withing 24 hours i was level 40 odd again......im sat at 56 at mo...(i can make all i need for now)

i recenlty made a galleon that i solo under 24 hours of grind.....then this weekend i made a sister ship and gave it to my mate who plays with me..

we have a base on a lawless..(bollocks to paying tax were pirates)..2 brigs,2 schooners,3 sloops,2 galleons..and all the tames you can shake a stick at.

at least 8 hours a day and 7 days a week are required to keep living and building in this game sadly.

roll on cyberpunk..then ill finally be dragged away from atlas...for a weekend while i complete it lol

On 5/19/2019 at 1:06 PM, Jean Lafitte said:

Restarted in a freeport.

Restarted again.

Waited a week.

Got my RSloop,

Killed by 5 pigs,

Lost all my shit.

Fuck it.

I was wondering where you went. Man, you were a straight atlas defender back then. You didn’t like me saying anything negative. What happened?

20 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Dying in a Freeport, I'm not sure how you even go about doing that, unless you really have no idea about how this game works, there aren't even any hostile mobs there, you shouldn't have an issue with losing anything. I don't have an issue with crashing, maybe every 2-3 weeks, maybe instead of a tirade you ask for help with pc specs or troubleshooting, because it seems that is where your problem likely lies. 

Edited by trqfreak350

15 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

About 6-7 months in and still only 3 PVP ships. Yep this game is officially a joke but never mind we get free comsetics that will bring back all the players :classic_rolleyes:

It's been nearly 5 months, not 6, not 7. If you compare game state back then and now its completely different. You only complain, complain and complain. Why are you even posting on forums of a game you don't play anymore? Keep your toxic posts for yourself.

On 5/20/2019 at 6:19 AM, Jean Lafitte said:

Game crashing is your specific problem, not everyones, therefore not the game to blame.  You are to blame.

Sotd are easy to dodge and won't even attack rafts or sloops unless they're right on top of you. Again, if they're sinking you, that's YOUR fault.

As for loot drops never had this issue either, probably linked to having a potatoe for a pc.