Saltydog920

Seriously, Come on devs. WTH is up with the "Host Pending Connection Timeout" error??

Seriously, this has been going on since launch. It's absolutely game breaking and the reason I stopped playing for months. I just installed Atlas again yesterday to check out the May update. After a ton of failure to connect to server issues, I finally joined Bearded Gamers successfully. After 2 hours of playing, I got booted while sailing. Attempt after attempt I keep getting the error "Host Pending Connection Timeout". According to Battle Metrics, the server is up. It's now been 40 minutes and I'm still unable to connect.

This is the same shit that happened during launch. I'd finally find a server, then randomly would be kicked. Then I would not be able to join the server again, so I would continuously server hop. What in the actual hell is going on?

6 months and this is still happening.

Edited by Saltydog920

Heard some got that with a hotspot.

"Host Pending Connection Timeout"

Means there is no network connection. Could be on your end just as much as theirs.

• Like 1

I used to get this every time I launched the game and joined the official servers along with long loading times. 

To reduce the loading time I bought a larger ssd drive to put atlas on and added 8 gig more memory for good measure. 

All of my problem s with connecting to and loading the game disappeared. 

It usually just means the region has crashed and is restarting, usually takes 1-2 minutes.

Not something worth getting worked up about.

If you are getting the 'connection timedout/lost' message and its looping (continually trying to connect over and over) try the following.

Close out Atlas;

In your file manager, navigate to X:\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved (X being the drive your Steam/steamapps directory is located);

Rename the file "ClientGrid" to "ClientGrid.old;

Restart Atlas, and choose Rejoin Server.

If this does not work, or caused further problems, simply rename "ClientGrid.old" to "ClientGrid"

Should not be an issue as a new (updated) version is generated when it missing. 

Worked for me.

Good Luck!

• Like 2

I know a few people having this issue, but they also don't really know how a computer works or networking.. and it's anyones guess what is actually causing the problem for specific people, it isn't a general issue, sure a region crashes and you see it.. sometimes I crash and I see it, but wait a few mins and it's gone, if you're getting this error repeatedly.. it isn't the game.  It's you.

went here and found no files named as such.  here being X:\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved (X being the drive your Steam/steamapps directory is located);

Edited by Dainter
fat fingers

Try Low memory mode. sometimes this will let you connect. not ideal I know but it may allow you to at least get back to a safe place.

Have you tried it on the official servers instead of some ragtag private pile of crap server?

I got stuck in the host timeout loop in M8. I just changed from rejoin to join a new server. hit my home server and it put me back on my boat. But yeah im on an old school harddrive. I know im upgrading to a 1tb ssd for my birthday. It's time.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:28 PM, Dainter said:

went here and found no files named as such.  here being X:\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved (X being the drive your Steam/steamapps directory is located);

You likely need to set Windows to show Hidden Files and/or Show System Files.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:46 AM, user1 said:

Have you tried it on the official servers instead of some ragtag private pile of crap server?

Yes, I play on an Official, and have used the method twice now to get logged back in.

Low memory mode worked.

I don't think the files showed (hidden or otherwise) because I was never able to log in a first time.  Now that I have gotten in once that file exists.

Issue found! fallow this link or the instruction!

https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas/comments/bd5y01/host_pending_connection_timeout_loop/

look for your server in the browser instead of quick joining. pick a starter island. spawn. your user will be transferred into your body.

so in essence join your server with out using the quick join feature.