Sign in to follow this  
Mike L

Tames in Freeport last one week

Ok so I've seen such mixed opinions on whether your allowed to keep things on tames in a Freeport. 

I feel like they've balanced the freeports already, so why would it be unintentional that tames have a 7 day claim timer? 

Also a side note, you can store items in player shops, and your inventory is safe when you log out in a Freeport. 

But alot of players I talk to think this is exploiting/cheating, WHY? 

I do think an actual player bank would be a better way to go, the tame storage feels a little weird and could possibly clutter freeports too much, if the player base grows. 

Edited by Mike L

I can see it considered as exploiting if someone were to store tames on the free port so they dont lose them via raid or aoe. Though that doesn't seem to be an issue as people typically ship their tames to allies and such. Personally, I leave a bear at a free port to gather fiber. In the future they will likely reduce the claim timer.  

If people are leaving tames in freeport you can bet your bottom dollar those tames are full of the most valuable materials, blueprints, gold, the more complex materials for crafting. 

You don't raid someone's base to loot wood thatch and fibre..... So a tame in a freeport loaded with the good stuff is a defacto unraidable bank. 

Thanks, didnt think of it that way, will bring a couple of tames over later today 🙂

I think it's a great thing for small companies, take it out, and once again they will start joining with larger companies, or just quitting once their hard work gets raided. 

Take it out, and you'll take out the pirates as well, just be left with companies. 

There are ingame reasons I think they left the settings this way, I just dont think it should be a secret, since it's not the most straightforward thing, but it's very simple. Also the more players that do things this way, the more players well find out on the seas wanting to do battle, pvp, raid, and otherwise just be pirates in a endless power struggle. 

Since this is becoming more common for unraidable storage, here's how to raid tames in the freeports

Aggro animals nearby while on a bear, ride over to storage tames they will also be hit by the animal you aggroed. It takes a bit of time but rinse repeat the storage tame dies and you loot it. 

On 5/20/2019 at 3:30 AM, Badkebab said:

If people are leaving tames in freeport you can bet your bottom dollar those tames are full of the most valuable materials, blueprints, gold, the more complex materials for crafting. 

You don't raid someone's base to loot wood thatch and fibre..... So a tame in a freeport loaded with the good stuff is a defacto unraidable bank. 

thats why you agro things and stand by the tames so they die either from food or health

1 hour ago, Megalithic said:

thats why you agro things and stand by the tames so they die either from food or health

See post above yours

Yeah, the above post are why I think, they should just make a Freeport bank, or my less favorite option ,change the tames to 1 day declaim, no player shops in Freeport, no player trading in freeport, no disappearing inventory on Freeport logout and dropped items immediately despawn in freeport. 

I feel like the bank is the better way to go, keeps the mmo aspect of the game, and adds another big difference from ark ,that alot of players playing these games look for. Storage that anyone can depend on. 

Almost no reason to put in a secure trading system, if you have no where secure to put items to trade for. 

The bank should be personal storage, not company, that way you wont have merge scamming. 

Edited by Mike L

16 hours ago, Badkebab said:

On a pvp server there should be 0 unraidable storage.

In your opinion, Badkebab. 

I however think it would be a good idea to try unraidable storage.  Obviously from my above post there's design in the game for unraidable storage. 

Besides how do you have pirates instead of soldiers whenever anything you steal or take from bigger companies will just cause them to siege your land until you lose it.  I want MORE pvp, MORE piracy, and LESS 48 hour attrition wars, LESS building my stuff again because I logged off. 

We dont all want this to just be ark, only with a different ocean.

Edited by Mike L