Sign in to follow this  
Winter Thorne

disappearing building tiles

I know this has been around a little while, but is anybody seeing even more of it lately?  Seems to be getting much worse.  Looking through the patch notes, I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it - 

Optimized bUseNewStructureFoundationSupportChecks resulting in server performance gains and elimination of multiple stalls for structures. (These gains will be present on Official Servers)

• Like 1

Personally I haven't seen an increase or decrease in this bug's effect. Though I'm perhaps somewhat lucky in that it seems to only affect a certain portion of my bridge and my main structures seem to be working as intended.

Regardless, it very much needs to be fixed.

I've definitely seen this happen. It only happens when I destroy a structure near the tile that disappears. I thought it may have to do with support, but I've built a pillar 1 square over, to the ground, and the wooden ceiling tile next to it, still disappears. It's a minor inconvenience when building out an area, but once I'm done and stop destroying structures, the issue stops.

15 minutes ago, Syrieal said:

I've definitely seen this happen. It only happens when I destroy a structure near the tile that disappears. I thought it may have to do with support, but I've built a pillar 1 square over, to the ground, and the wooden ceiling tile next to it, still disappears. It's a minor inconvenience when building out an area, but once I'm done and stop destroying structures, the issue stops.

I've seen it happen without destroying anything, and it's almost seeming like there's some sort of timer going off for it.  I think I'll watch it closer for a while and see.

I was thinking it might have something to do with support too, because support pillars under triangles don't count.  (Don't know if it was always that way or just lately).  I've been building a walkway with a lot of angles in it, so lots of triangles.  What I think I saw was this -  you get a few sections of all triangles going, then you need a support for the next.  Can't put it under a triangle, but the next section is going to be a square....if only you could get there 🙂  So  I hang a square tile off the side of the triangles, put a pillar under it, add my next row of squares , put a pillar under them, and then remove the temporary one on the side.  Those are ones I'm pretty sure are disappearing.

Everytime I deleted a tile today, another vanished. All the mats I got back from what I deleted went straight back into repairing the damage. It really needs sorting out.

There's a thread about this in the Bug Reports forum, and Jatheish said that they were aware of it - granted, this was three weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Kast said:

There's a thread about this in the Bug Reports forum, and Jatheish said that they were aware of it - granted, this was three weeks ago.

Yeah, was going to add to the bugs thread, but I thought I'd get some discussion going on it first to see if we could provide some more info about exactly when and where it's happening.

The ones that I've got disappearing continue to disappear after I replace them, although I get more every day.  There are some that have been gone 3 or 4 days in a row now when I log into the game.

So of course, this morning those tiles weren't missing as usual and I'm not seeing any new ones gone.    I guess one surefire way to make a problem go away is to start trying to reproduce it.

11 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

So of course, this morning those tiles weren't missing as usual and I'm not seeing any new ones gone.    I guess one surefire way to make a problem go away is to start trying to reproduce it.

Amen to that.

I found that it started happening when I hit a critical mass of interconnected structures. Perhaps coincidence, but I added a small seam on the bridges between major structures to see if that eliminates the problem. Too early to tell, but so far so good.