Sign in to follow this  
danaephia

Want your game to survive? Hire some mods for official

So there is a troll now on our lawless island on EU PvE, which spams the entire island and buildings with thatch structures. They even traped a pack of roaming bears I aranged for me and my neighbours to get rid of cobras and crocodiles. This troll also build fences of thatch walls around entire houses of people and blocked parts of the island too.

You want this game to survive? Well then, add a ticket system with some active mods getting rid of these people. Cannot be that nobody gives a shit nor do we have an INGAME option to report.

Btw, some of our neighbours quitted the game due to this guys behavior.

If you plan on doing something:

Island: Surfil Peninsula

Server: EU PvE official

Thank you.

Here is a list of screenshots:

RUvNc0x.jpg

rw9BDdB.jpgGv4wJ04.jpg

1VBcbvt.jpg

YaFB8Bj.jpg

eZr8XMZ.jpg

ec8Vcvn.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Update: I also wrote a report ticket here on the forum. An autimatic response closed the ticket with the reasoning that it is under review and they cannot give more infos due to private policies.

3 days later, nothing changed. Another company left the game as well and my bears are about to starve to death.

Good job Grapeshot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, danaephia said:

my bears are about to starve to death

Put berries in their inv to keep them alive.  pick your way over, grappling hook, anything.

Create a ticket :

https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/support-tickets/report-players/&do=form&d=21

Label it as breech of CoC under exploiting unintended use of game assets to the detriment of legitimate player game experience.

There's no in game rationale for this behavior at all.  There's zero purpose other than to ruin game experience of others vis harassment.  Hopefully someone from the dev team will blanket erase structures belonging to this toxic individual.  Hang in there.  @Jatheish  & the GS team will probably be as disappointed in this kind of behavior as we all are.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Put berries in their inv to keep them alive.  pick your way over, grappling hook, anything.

Create a ticket :

https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/support-tickets/report-players/&do=form&d=21

Label it as breech of CoC under exploiting unintended use of game assets to the detriment of legitimate player game experience.

There's no in game rationale for this behavior at all.  There's zero purpose other than to ruin game experience of others vis harassment.  Hopefully someone from the dev team will blanket erase structures belonging to this toxic individual.  Hang in there.  @Jatheish  & the GS team will probably be as disappointed in this kind of behavior as we all are.

already wrote the ticket. They closed it and cannot tell me what will happen due to privacy policies. Nothing happened so far. I will try to get into the bear trap, they build it kinda bulky but maybe I can pull them through the wall and feed them

thanks

29 minutes ago, danaephia said:

already wrote the ticket. They closed it and cannot tell me what will happen due to privacy policies. Nothing happened so far. I will try to get into the bear trap, they build it kinda bulky but maybe I can pull them through the wall and feed them

thanks

Can you screenshot the bear trap I want to see how far the idiot has pushed his luck..     Can you get in over the roof?   (assuming it is open air, and not completely enclosed?)

Edited by Vorxius

AHAHA oh man, that sucks. I give the guy some credit though. He wants you off his Island. Its just too bad you both forgot to join the correct server. 

He wants to be a pirate but cannot, so he's doing the best he can?

You want to fight back, but cannot, so you piss and moan instead?

Why oh WHY would anyone try to be a pirate on a PVE setting LOL. Its kinda what you get. The Empire server would have been preferable to a PVE server in this game.

1 hour ago, danaephia said:

thanks

Just put a trough down as close as possible.  They have a pretty decent range.  You can also whistle the tames to follow you, which should get them close to the wall, then whistle them to stop.

You will know when you have it right, because there will be the trough symbol over their names.

1 hour ago, Chucksteak said:

AHAHA oh man, that sucks. I give the guy some credit though. He wants you off his Island. Its just too bad you both forgot to join the correct server. 

He wants to be a pirate but cannot, so he's doing the best he can?

You want to fight back, but cannot, so you piss and moan instead?

Why oh WHY would anyone try to be a pirate on a PVE setting LOL. Its kinda what you get. The Empire server would have been preferable to a PVE server in this game.

You're right, but, what would be poetic justice is for the guy to get a 2 week ban, and, the second that timer ticks to zero, we all flock to the island to demolish as much as we can in some kind of community up in arms stampede in demonstration that people acting like this won't be tolerated lol.

I'm up for it!

If you were on the PvP server. You could just kill him.

This crap should get you banned. PvP or not that is stupid for someone to do that. They did not even get to see the reaction to it(unless this Chinese guy read this post).. I'm sure this guy spammed and left the post. Put a bed somewhere to keep the timers up.  And now we are all bitching about it.

Edited by DrIndo

PVE should not really be like this, the Devs need to think of a answer or more players will leave Atlas for good.

LOL this reminds me of Official ARK... why i stopped playing there, years ago. Conan has or did have the same issue.

Once again, I said that PvE needed to have the Claim flags brought back, but modified.  Give each company one, maybe two of these flags to put down, to create a circle that you must build in.  Nothing can be permanently placed outside of that claim.  They could give one for a base, and one for a port.  Make them the size of the sea claims, or maybe slightly larger.  That way, you can choose a plot of land, but not spam the island with structures.  They could then give you smaller claim flags, for placing down a temporary structure.  This would allow you to make temporary structures, but they could give it a 24 hour timer, at which point, the structure becomes demolishable.  A cool down timer could be put in, to keep you from putting down more structures right away.  Or, they could allow you to put down structures, outside of your claim circle, but they are immediately demolishable.  This way, if somebody spams like this, other people can just demolish the structures.

• Like 1

it just needs some mods. of course this mean some work for grapeshot but it is worth I guess to keep people from leaving.

Btw, still nothing happened. The ticket I wrote was absolutley useless.

Anyway, I dont really care about the bears tho but about the facts that stuff like this seems to be allowed or they dont care. Either is bad.

Thanks yall for your help.

3 hours ago, danaephia said:

Anyway, I dont really care about the bears tho

Thanks yall for your help.

Were you not able to get a trough down to keep them fed?  I don't see how that would not be possible.  Climbing picks, grappling hooks, wing suits, etc., should have gotten you over the barriers, and onto/into the structure with the bears.  Put the trough down, and then fill it.  It should have lasted long enough to keep the bears alive, while you wait for decay.

On 5/20/2019 at 6:42 AM, danaephia said:

thanks

build a trough it's like 20 tiles. You can also put it on a boat to make it closer.

~Lotus

Well if i was 1 of the companies quitting the game over this I would certainly go down fighting and do same to them.

It is same with foundations, you see people box you in then feel you have to put them down yourself before its to late.

I don't think this problem will ever be solved unless they go back to claim flags maybe couple for everyone.

5 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Well if i was 1 of the companies quitting the game over this I would certainly go down fighting and do same to them.

It is same with foundations, you see people box you in then feel you have to put them down yourself before its to late.

I don't think this problem will ever be solved unless they go back to claim flags maybe couple for everyone.

Problem is this "clan" (probably one person) has not even build something for themself except a 2x2 thatch house. They are purely there to troll us.

Btw: 1 week since the ticket to the mods and grapeshot and nothing happened. We  can savely say they dont care about us.

Anyway. Still gonna play the game tho. I dont really care anymore aboiut the bears.

6 hours ago, Lotus said:

build a trough it's like 20 tiles. You can also put it on a boat to make it closer.

~Lotus

problem is that this guy systematically built foundations around the trap such that trough are not within reach. He's a pro troll tho. Even on the hills behind th trap there is foundations lmao

3 hours ago, danaephia said:

Problem is this "clan" (probably one person) has not even build something for themself except a 2x2 thatch house. They are purely there to troll us.

Btw: 1 week since the ticket to the mods and grapeshot and nothing happened. We  can savely say they dont care about us.

Anyway. Still gonna play the game tho. I dont really care anymore aboiut the bears.

Yes I remember them saying on stream that it may take awhile before they get around to ticket. They close them automatic I believe but still look into it. They do ban people like this but the timing is not so great unfortunately. It could be a week or 2 before they get around to doing anything.

Well, if there is a way to get into the bear trap, to where the bears are, you have two options.  Place a trough down inside the trap, if you can.  If you cannot, put some kind of food in the bears.  Berries will work, but so too will vegetables.  Figure out which one works best...gives the most food, and decays the slowest.  Then, just keep going back until those structures are able to be demolished.  Don't let your bears go down without a fight.

In the future, keep your animals in a barn, with a trough, so they can't be boxed in by a troll.