Sign in to follow this  
Koenemeloen

Second installation on laptop

Hi all,

due ships disapear after 2 weeks (pve), I would like to install atlas on a second device (laptop) and take it with me on holiday just to log in to keep my ship intact. (I’m playing solo).my question, wil i continue playing on the laptop where i left atlas on my game desktop?

As far as I know you need to copy these-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\LastServerConnectStringCache_.......

And dont know if you need this folder now because there is no fog of war-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MapImagesCache

From my experience, the only thing you need to do is try to create a new character on your second system for the same server as the original system.

If it’s still working the same, it will take you to character creation (I think, not 100% sure), and then try to log you in before taking you back to the menu with an error message, but it will then start logging in on its own with your existing character.

That’s what I remember happening when my HD died and I replaced it and performed a fresh install of Windows 10.

i play on my laptop as well as pc, all u do is install the game , when u start up atlas select join new server , then when map is up  dont select a region just select join, u will join in on your char wherever u logged out , you dont need to copy or do anythig more then that .DO NOT CREATE A NEW CHAR ON THE SAME SERVER YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CHAR .

Edited by UDO
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Koenemeloen said:

Thank you  Udo. You tip worked like a charm.

thx.

excellant 🙂 

That does sound like a much safer method than mine. Especially if they change(d) whatever allowed it to work for me in the past.