Sign in to follow this  
Kidori

After the Mega Patch

After the May Mega Patch  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What would you most like to see the development team work on next?

• Polishing Pass
    • Fixing Major Bugs
    • Systemic Changes
    • Content
    • Jump Straight to the Next Mega Patch
    • Other (Please Explain)

Right now the development team is hard at work trying to push out the big update coming up at the end of the month, and that's getting most of their attention at the moment. After the May mega patch drops, there will inevitably be some new major bugs introduced and some fires will need to be put out as soon as possible.

Once the fires die down though, what would you like to see the team focus most on until the grind to the next mega patch starts to set in?

The options are not mutually exclusive, and regardless of what they do decide is most worth their time at this stage I would presume that some amount of time for working on all other options will be mixed in as well. Just curious what you think should be at the top of the list.

Just for reference, I would define a polishing pass as fixing minor bugs that don't necessarily stop you from playing, introducing some quality-of-life improvements and reducing the overall jankiness of certain parts of the game. Major bug fixing would be fixing bugs that directly inhibit your ability to play or substantially reduce the enjoyment you get from the game. Systemic changes would include major changes to core mechanics or anything that would noticeably change the way the game is played. Content would be adding in anything new that may be missing or new things for players to do. Or maybe just start work on the next mega patch as soon as possible to make sure it goes as smoothly as it can.

Personally, I would like to see a polishing pass done on the game. There are a ton of little bugs and things that aren't quite right in the game, but for the most part people just push through them. The more major bugs are a big pill to swallow, but all those little things leave me with dry mouth. Fixing them would be like giving me a glass of water.

It would make dealing with the big bugs as they come a lot less frustrating if it wasn't the 10th bug I've experienced that day. Make the day-to-day stuff work better and more intuitively and I'll have a lot more patience left for the bigger issues. There are still lots of bigger things that need to be addressed, and they should definitely do so, but the bigger stuff also tends to get more attention and is less likely to be thrown to the wayside and still persist in the game 2 years from now. The longer the little stuff is left alone, the less likely it is to ever be worked on.

3 minutes ago, UDO said:

not enough options to vote on ...

There is an "Other" option

31 minutes ago, Kidori said:

Right now the development team is hard at work trying to push out the big update coming up at the end of the month, and that's getting most of their attention at the moment. After the May mega patch drops, there will inevitably be some new major bugs introduced and some fires will need to be put out as soon as possible.

Once the fires die down though, what would you like to see the team focus most on until the grind to the next mega patch starts to set in?

The options are not mutually exclusive, and regardless of what they do decide is most worth their time at this stage I would presume that some amount of time for working on all other options will be mixed in as well. Just curious what you think should be at the top of the list.

Just for reference, I would define a polishing pass as fixing minor bugs that don't necessarily stop you from playing, introducing some quality-of-life improvements and reducing the overall jankiness of certain parts of the game. Major bug fixing would be fixing bugs that directly inhibit your ability to play or substantially reduce the enjoyment you get from the game. Systemic changes would include major changes to core mechanics or anything that would noticeably change the way the game is played. Content would be adding in anything new that may be missing or new things for players to do. Or maybe just start work on the next mega patch as soon as possible to make sure it goes as smoothly as it can.

Personally, I would like to see a polishing pass done on the game. There are a ton of little bugs and things that aren't quite right in the game, but for the most part people just push through them. The more major bugs are a big pill to swallow, but all those little things leave me with dry mouth. Fixing them would be like giving me a glass of water.

It would make dealing with the big bugs as they come a lot less frustrating if it wasn't the 10th bug I've experienced that day. Make the day-to-day stuff work better and more intuitively and I'll have a lot more patience left for the bigger issues. There are still lots of bigger things that need to be addressed, and they should definitely do so, but the bigger stuff also tends to get more attention and is less likely to be thrown to the wayside and still persist in the game 2 years from now. The longer the little stuff is left alone, the less likely it is to ever be worked on.

Definitely not content lmao. These guys love pushing out content without fixes. Ark was successful but could have been way more successful if they would have fixed things early on.

these guys love to push everything they can out and then fix after the official release. This will not fly anymore. Sorry but they will fail even more than they are if they add even one more thing without fixing what is broke first. People just won’t put up with it a second time.

dont bother arguing. A Friday night and the max didn’t even hit 7k lol. Let’s not try to bring illusion to anything. There was not an increase in the slightest after the last mega update. The steam charts show a 3k increase but that is on the 3k existing players there were left. They have still lost over half of the players they had and that was even after losing half of the main playerbase before that.

content is crap. Fixes are the only thing that matter at this point. Hell even on twitter when they announced the “cargo whatever” 2 people replied. That is so damn sad.

Instead of plasma torpedoes for mega tribes only behind some super boss barrier they should fix the bugs.

11 hours ago, Talono said:

Instead of plasma torpedoes for mega tribes only behind some super boss barrier they should fix the bugs.

You're right. Plasma is stupid. Quantum all the way.

Also, I think the people have spoken on bug fixes.

5 hours ago, gadefence said:

You're right. Plasma is stupid. Quantum all the way.

Now it is time to see if they actually do it.

pls dont go the Tec Way as ARK went. Was killing the game for me. Torpedos are the first sign of wrong direction for me as well.

next will be laser cannons on deck 😞

Edited by The_Wiesel

12 hours ago, gadefence said:

The sample size is pretty limited, but yeah that seems to be the general consensus.

There are certainly no shortage of bugs to squash, so the dev team has their work cut out for them.

Edited by Kidori