Sign in to follow this  
Enki Anunnaki

IDK if you noticed devs...

But, 50% of the players right now only wanna log on during double xp weekends.. why not keep it at double xp and such and keep our population growing. Its starting to drop again, we need to do something about that.. i want this game to succeed. I got faith in yall. 

The guillotine exploit felt like a huge punch in the mouth to a huge portion of players... was anything done/going to be done about it?

Talk to us more.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

If double exp is all the time is it really doubled? Then it is just tweaking official to be less grindy. I am all for it, but they have to find that balance that players feel they are challenged and what they build and sail matters vs EZ mode 6X whack a tree once to fill your weight mode cause they just DGAF because they are wiping. We have one guy in company who plays on a 50X server, and all he does is moan when he comes back to official because he can't hit a tree and build a galleon.

They need to make it double xp only.  And it isn't double harvesting, it's more like 3x harvesting, I normally get 204-255 metal from nodes during weekend I avg 750..

7 hours ago, UnknownSystemError said:

If double exp is all the time is it really doubled? Then it is just tweaking official to be less grindy. I am all for it, but they have to find that balance that players feel they are challenged and what they build and sail matters vs EZ mode 6X whack a tree once to fill your weight mode cause they just DGAF because they are wiping. We have one guy in company who plays on a 50X server, and all he does is moan when he comes back to official because he can't hit a tree and build a galleon.

It needs to be less grindy.  People aren't just playing during 2x, because it is 2x.  They are playing because it feels better.  I played on a 3x unofficial last season, for a while, and it felt really good.  The pace seemed to be just right.  I played for a short time on one that was like 15x, and that was just way too fast.  3X feels just right...keeps the intent of the game intact, but just doesn't feel like a job.  Feels more like a game.  You know who likes things to be really grindy?  The person who has tons of time to grind, so they know it gives them an advantage against those who do not have that kind of time.

Unofficial would be an option, but too expensive.  To have a decent sized map...something like 5x5, it's just too much money, and 5x5 is about as small as I will go.  You need the Maw, at least one Freeport, and at least 3 grids for goldenage, and trenches.  So that's 5 Grids.  5x5 gives you 20 more grids to use for settling.  A 3x3 would only have 4...5 if you kept it to two golden age grids.  4x4 would be OK, I guess, as that would still have 11 grids.  But that is a lot of money for a 4x4 or 5x5.

Exp is ez, gathering is mostly ez but 2x (3x as people say) is nice.

Taming is where it's at.

Moar levels, only tame on 2x.

If its less grindy people will get everything easier, then when they have everything they will get faster bored and leave the game. 

Some people always want to be nigger and better than others, if everyone is equall all the time, whats there to fight for? 

Leave it as it

I would like it beeing 0,5 from what it is atm. Building a galleon Takes like 2 hours now solo,its Nothing Special anymore And taming is way too easy atm. Just leveling sucks, should increase exp for Crafting And killing stuff but not treasure maps

Here is message of Jat about 2x week-end

Right now a lot of the bonus events we've been hosting help us with profiling and analysing server performance. In the future, we'd like to be more sporadic with them. Perhaps have some on the weekend, some on weekdays, during holidays/special occasions. We certainly recognize that keeping it limited to weekends only and having it every weekend leads to folks only wanting to play then or missed opportunities for players who aren't able to play on the weekend. However, it's needed at the moment, as we typically see our highest CCUs on weekends and we can get the most out of our profiling then. We'd also like to play with specific types of changes rather than always having 2x Taming/XP/Gathering such as a bonus event to XP, or maybe crop growth, slaying AoD/SoD etc. 

PvE'ers can grind all they want.  PvP we build shit to fight with it and lose/steal it.  

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

But, 50% of the players right now only wanna log on during double xp weekends.. why not keep it at double xp and such and keep our population growing. Its starting to drop again, we need to do something about that.. i want this game to succeed. I got faith in yall. 

The guillotine exploit felt like a huge punch in the mouth to a huge portion of players... was anything done/going to be done about it?

Talk to us more.

Wow! So you want it to be 4x? You know they already made the original 1x to 2x right?

and not this is false on all counts. For 1. Most people can only play weekends so that is why they get on. It isn’t because of the xp events.

the other reason this is false is because there are currently 7,800 people playing right now(which this happens to be the high point of the 24 hour a day period 2pm pacific time) and this last weekend they didn’t even break 10k.

so really there is not even a full 2k extra players that get on during the weekend.

another false statement is that the playerbase would grow if they made the now 2x to 4x. People want bug fixes. And not be be the one that follows these trends but it is true that a higher gathering/etc would only make the Megas even stronger and more easily wipe out smaller companies. No disputing that.

what they need to do is fix the game. Whoever was going to buy it has already bought it. Now it is time for them to try to keep what playerbase they have left. Btw the numbers are back to dropping. Don’t pay attention to the 2k increase that is on steam because that is only because they were down to 3k last month.

with Megas still running wild content itself isn’t going to save anything. Changes need to be made as well as fixes 

14 hours ago, Realist said:

Wow! So you want it to be 4x? You know they already made the original 1x to 2x right?

and not this is false on all counts. For 1. Most people can only play weekends so that is why they get on. It isn’t because of the xp events.

the other reason this is false is because there are currently 7,800 people playing right now(which this happens to be the high point of the 24 hour a day period 2pm pacific time) and this last weekend they didn’t even break 10k.

so really there is not even a full 2k extra players that get on during the weekend.

another false statement is that the playerbase would grow if they made the now 2x to 4x. People want bug fixes. And not be be the one that follows these trends but it is true that a higher gathering/etc would only make the Megas even stronger and more easily wipe out smaller companies. No disputing that.

what they need to do is fix the game. Whoever was going to buy it has already bought it. Now it is time for them to try to keep what playerbase they have left. Btw the numbers are back to dropping. Don’t pay attention to the 2k increase that is on steam because that is only because they were down to 3k last month.

with Megas still running wild content itself isn’t going to save anything. Changes need to be made as well as fixes 

in all honesty, mega's don't really exist anymore. they're only fractions of what they used to be. the lower company cap and settlement system did its job. if you actually played, you'd know that. alliances is where its at now. boosted mats would help everyone at home but in all reality because BP's are the name of the game, everything depends on how much you can move in a ship, not how much you can get in a node.. What's gonna help who you call mega's, is the shipping crates that have already been announced for release at the end of the month. But, that too, will be good for everyone. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

3 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

in all honesty, mega's don't really exist anymore. they're only fractions of what they used to be. the lower company cap and settlement system did its job. if you actually played, you'd know that. alliances is where its at now. boosted mats would help everyone at home but in all reality because BP's are the name of the game, everything depends on how much you can move in a ship, not how much you can get in a node.. What's gonna help who you call mega's, is the shipping crates that have already been announced for release at the end of the month. But, that too, will be good for everyone. 

Not actually true.  Megas do exist, but they are now divided into companies, like

XYZ
XYZ Gold
XYZ Silver
XYZ Red
XYZ Blue
XYZ Violet
Etc...

Yes, except for the XYZ substitute, that is a real Mega that is in the PVP server.

So, they can divide responsibilities.  One of them grows crops, and makes medicine, while another tames and breeds, while another crafts high quality items, while another farms gold and BPs, while another gathers resources for BPs.  This puts them far ahead of, for instance, a company of 40 people, where many of them cannot devote large amounts of hours to the game.

This is not good for the game.  Get that idiocy out of your head, because people don't stick with games, when they realize that they have no chance.  The idea that a game actually exacerbating a have and have not situation is good, is pure lunacy.  People don't stick with games for long, when they begin to understand that they are destined to be one of the have nots, in that game.  They go play other games.  Basic human psychology.  Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

I remember, about 2 years after EVE had debuted, the player base had stagnated, and started to decline, so they had to make some changes to make it more friendly to new players, but I still chose not to join, and after talking to others, found out that I was not even close to being alone in my thinking.  My choice was made to never play it, when after making the changes, the Devs admitted that people joining now, would never have a chance of catching up to those who had played since day one.  My thinking was, OK, thanks for helping me make my mind up that I would never play the game.  I never did.