Sign in to follow this  
Jorm

Im out

Its early access, they still need to handle some problems.

This game is not ready, but they are on a good way.

There needs to be some action taken by the devs.

The problem is far beyond the guillotine exploit and level 120 people. Its the intelligence crafted stuff that came from it.

The rest of the players that don't exploit suffer from this. The devs should character wipe. Because guys that do this legit and run maps all the time are barely above 80. 

Getting higher levels doing something that shouldn't be done, and is abused bug in the game is an exploit. It should be easy to find the people have abused it and take some action.

Not to mention the rumors of the bp dupes from lighthouses still in the game some say. Remove lighthouses and guillotines, 2 useless things that have been exploited.

This game will not survive a second wipe. The chatter in my discord is very demotivated players seeing level 120 guys running around.

Edited by Bandit_Black

4 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

1. Ban them all, and not temps. No fucking around this time.

2. Delete all items.

3. If #2 cant be done, roll back server.

4. If #2 and #3 fail/wont work, wipe server.

Its EA, server wipes are a thing and we shouldn't be overly worried about them if they are nessisary. Lets remember it was the cheaters who made it nessisary last time. It will likely be them the next time and the time after that as well. But untill we get smart enough to ban china ips this is how online gaming is.

This game has already lost more than 3/4 of the player population since the original launch. Many simply did not return after the last wipe and one more wipe, no matter how much you want to point out "EA" clauses, this game will NOT survive one more wipe and so soon after the last wipe. Just BAN the assholes that feel the need to cheat and be done with it...

If there are players that are running around with high levels, who cares? I hardly ever run into any players as it is these days on the NA PVP Servers. If it wasn't for being offline griefed, I'd say they all were myths...

Edited by vaylain

4 hours ago, vaylain said:

This game has already lost more than 3/4 of the player population since the original launch. Many simply did not return after the last wipe and one more wipe, no matter how much you want to point out "EA" clauses, this game will NOT survive one more wipe and so soon after the last wipe. Just BAN the assholes that feel the need to cheat and be done with it...

If there are players that are running around with high levels, who cares? I hardly ever run into any players as it is these days on the NA PVP Servers. If it wasn't for being offline griefed, I'd say they all were myths...

Let me guess, you don't play pvp servers and lack reading comprehension. Its not about levels its about the intelligence crafted ships and more from the 120+ intelligence crafters.

At the very least they should allow all the players to level on the guillotine exploit. Off to a good start after the wipe ya think? 

This game won't survive unbalanced exploiting as we've seen with this guillotine thing. Many players are demotivated to play. 

You really think getting over lvl 100 is hard? we have sever people 110+ legit... but i guess we are cheating because we are helping each other level by using 2x weekends xp songs and purple maps to get 5+ levels each zzzz as for crafting high end bps  getting to 150 isn't the biggest part of getting the intel that high it's actually frickin crafting then recrafting using different sets of BP's to achieve those stats just like breeding lvl 209 animals i possible.. sorry you dont know how the game works or are trying to play solo or tiny group and cant get your hands on OP stuff.

Edited by CrimsonXI
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, CrimsonXI said:

You really think getting over lvl 100 is hard? we have sever people 110+ legit... but i guess we are cheating because we are helping each other level by using 2x weekends xp songs and purple maps to get 5+ levels each zzzz as for crafting high end bps  getting to 150 isn't the biggest part of getting the intel that high it's actually frickin crafting then recrafting using different sets of BP's to achieve those stats just like breeding lvl 209 animals i possible.. sorry you dont know how the game works or are trying to play solo or tiny group and cant get your hands on OP stuff.

There you go crybabies they destroyed all bp's over 60% skill.  and screwed anyoen that worked hard and farmed for weeks to get them because you couldn't.  punished everyone because of you whining. just leave these games alone and stick to minecraft

3 hours ago, CrimsonXI said:

3 hours ago, CrimsonXI said:

There you go crybabies they destroyed all bp's over 60% skill.  and screwed anyoen that worked hard and farmed for weeks to get them because you couldn't.  punished everyone because of you whining. just leave these games alone and stick to minecraft

How about this...the Megas ruined the relaunch when it became known that they were going to colonies.  Having an Empires server, and Colonies server was a good idea, but the Devs didn't take that far enough.  First, when the megas told them that they wanted the Colonies rules, they should have made the Empires server, just like the Colonies server, but catering to large Companies.  Not everyone enjoys being in a large company.  I heard about some of the rules in some of them.  Not fun at all.

I merged my company with another company, thus giving up Admin status.  I am not enjoying this experience, and as a result of having been leaders, and now not being able to do anything, most of my company have now quit the game.  The reality is that MO is more fun than MMO for a lot of us.  MMO takes too much time because of exploiters, insiders, and griefers.  It is more fun when you have a small group of people that you know, and enjoy playing the game with.  We play to enjoy ourselves.  We aren't looking for unpaid employment.

This game needs for there to be servers that are truly dedicated to small companies, and that also means different rates, since you have a lot less people to get things done.  So you need to be able to get more done, per person.  Slightly higher rates...3x for gathering, I think is good.  Taming is fast enough but breeding needs to be faster for a small company server.  And more skill points per level...front loaded, so that small companies can get things done that need to be done.  Small companies, up to 25 people...no alliances.  Anyone caught doing so, would be Dev Wiped.

As it stands, I am not at all motivated to play the game.

• Like 1

A crafter's name is attached to everything they craft.  Seems like a db search could pull up levels, items crafted or anything else they wanted to search on.  A clever person could even use that to feed a destroy command to target anything made illegally.

- Crafting Bonus on items is now capped at 60% on Official Servers
- Any character which was above level 100 will now be reverted to level 100.
- One time character respec for any character that had their XP reduced back to 100.
- One time destruction of all crafted items with a crafting bonus of over 60% on Official Servers.

- Reduced the maximum and minimum amount of experience which can be earned via execution

Edited by Leopold

Looks like the devs' solution was to give haircuts to anyone over level 100.  No matter how ya got there, you get to keep at least that much. AND a free respec.  So is THIS↓ good enough for you guys?

Plus:  

- Reduced the maximum and minimum amount of experience which can be earned via execution
- Crafting Bonus on items is now capped at 60% on Official Servers
- Any character which was above level 100 will now be reverted to level 100.
- One time character respec for any character that had their XP reduced back to 100.
- One time destruction of all crafted items with a crafting bonus of over 60% on Official Servers.

Why not just keep everything, just login to reset the timer and feed your animal, then when you want to play again, you dont need to restart everything

On 5/17/2019 at 9:33 AM, Back Stabbath said:

Wait till the dudes who dont have the exploited crafted items are gettin blown away by those cannons and theirs are doing  no damage to the super planks on the opposing ships lol.

Gonna be some crying on here.

A shitstorm is coming.  

Yeah I wipe is going to need to happen again. These guys already have a bad reputation for not punishing offenders. Very specifically when it comes to Megas.

if the game doesn’t survive a second wipe, that simply means it wasn’t going to survive anyways.

i pretty much laugh at the whole “ban the cheaters” because it doesn’t matter, they just get another account and break open the boxes they have stashed in the ocean where nobody can find them and they are back to it within a few hours.

if there are more exploited items then a wipe needs to happen. And for the ones that love saying “it’s EA deal with it” well the when the wipe that needs to come actually comes and you want to cry about that just remember.... it’s EA deal with it 😂

On 5/17/2019 at 9:33 AM, Back Stabbath said:

Wait till the dudes who dont have the exploited crafted items are gettin blown away by those cannons and theirs are doing  no damage to the super planks on the opposing ships lol.

Gonna be some crying on here.

A shitstorm is coming.  

Yeah I wipe is going to need to happen again. These guys already have a bad reputation for not punishing offenders. Very specifically when it comes to Megas.

if the game doesn’t survive a second wipe, that simply means it wasn’t going to survive anyways.

i pretty much laugh at the whole “ban the cheaters” because it doesn’t matter, they just get another account and break open the boxes they have stashed in the ocean where nobody can find them and they are back to it within a few hours.

if there are more exploited items then a wipe needs to happen. And for the ones that love saying “it’s EA deal with it” well the when the wipe that needs to come actually comes and you want to cry about that just remember.... it’s EA deal with it 😂

On 5/17/2019 at 6:13 PM, Back Stabbath said:

They fixed how it's done. Unfortunately the ones who did it are so far ahead its irreparable 

They are now and have been mass producing these high end BP items. If you dont have them Gluk.

Hey...I dont want a wipe anymore than the next guy...

But the game is broken..

stop fretting about a few of those who are "ahead". most of the base is not.

14 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

How about this...the Megas ruined the relaunch when it became known that they were going to colonies.  Having an Empires server, and Colonies server was a good idea, but the Devs didn't take that far enough.  First, when the megas told them that they wanted the Colonies rules, they should have made the Empires server, just like the Colonies server, but catering to large Companies.  Not everyone enjoys being in a large company.  I heard about some of the rules in some of them.  Not fun at all.

I merged my company with another company, thus giving up Admin status.  I am not enjoying this experience, and as a result of having been leaders, and now not being able to do anything, most of my company have now quit the game.  The reality is that MO is more fun than MMO for a lot of us.  MMO takes too much time because of exploiters, insiders, and griefers.  It is more fun when you have a small group of people that you know, and enjoy playing the game with.  We play to enjoy ourselves.  We aren't looking for unpaid employment.

This game needs for there to be servers that are truly dedicated to small companies, and that also means different rates, since you have a lot less people to get things done.  So you need to be able to get more done, per person.  Slightly higher rates...3x for gathering, I think is good.  Taming is fast enough but breeding needs to be faster for a small company server.  And more skill points per level...front loaded, so that small companies can get things done that need to be done.  Small companies, up to 25 people...no alliances.  Anyone caught doing so, would be Dev Wiped.

As it stands, I am not at all motivated to play the game.

All that you heard is true. In my strong opinion, only owners and admins are the ones that are having fun in a zerg company.

All the others are replacables with no name and personality, seen as drones and cannon fodder. Stick to your freedom to build what you want, sail where you want and do what you want for as much as you can.

Of course, where was this particular exploit born? You have 1 guess. Yes, in a zerg, a breeding ground for all glitches and game exploits.

Edited by gnihar
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 5:16 PM, DocHolliday said:

No its not.  They can ban those accounts and if its wide spread enough they can dev wipe the company.  A decision like that does NOT come lightly and I expect them to take their time investigating these allegations before making an informed decision.

Also LOL at someone quitting because a game being alpha tested is buggy.  That's hilarious. 

You are too stupid to talk, you dont know these devs i come from ARK these devs are behaving the same exact way as they did on ARK, clans like BLDX duped their hearts out on ark and nothing got done for them if you have a streamer you are 100% safe from any bans.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

A crafter's name is attached to everything they craft.  Seems like a db search could pull up levels, items crafted or anything else they wanted to search on.  A clever person could even use that to feed a destroy command to target anything made illegally.

An algorithum could certainly be made to track people who say specific things in chat, who rapidly rise in levels, to even track how they're getting the xp.  It just requires a developer willing to take that route and to put the work in, because it isn't a particularly easy craft.