Dulu

Weekend 2x XP kind of unfair...

Some of us have to work weekends. 

Doctors, nurses, cops, firefighters, etc.

Why not just increase total gathering and XP rates by 20% across every day, instead of singling out the weekends?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

if i was a cop or any of those job types.....i dont think id be playing video games in my spare time lol

i dont like the thought that my doc is dying to get me out of his surgery just so he can get home to tame some virtual effing bear...

that aint cricket...i expect those type of people to b e on the job 24/7....i mean a copper is 

public servants must be special types...and not clamouring for a virtual world rather than the one they reside in and do well in

Edited by hurricane moon
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If they put up any event it would be unfair to someone, you cant please everyone at all times, i find it unfair the updates comes out every time im at work as well, but i aint demanding them to postepone them. 

• Like 4

Because MOST people work a 9-5 5 day a week job. The 2x is intended to encourage people to play when they have the most time available. It is not unfair at all. Even in the groups you listed most of them again are not working the weekends or working them all the time. If they did what you are saying then 2x are not special nor do they encourage people to play more in their free time. You are simply upping the amount we get permanently. Your title sounds a bit entitled. Implying that because you have to work it is unfair. As if you are somehow being screwed over because you have to work those hours. You are in the minority in general, and nothing is going to ever be completely fair. Welcome to the real world. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, hurricane moon said:

if i was a cop or any of those job types.....i dont think id be playing video games in my spare time lol

i dont like the thought that my doc is dying to get me out of his surgery just so he can get home to tame some virtual effing bear...

that aint cricket...i expect those type of people to b e on the job 24/7....i mean a copper is 

public servants must be special types...and not clamouring for a virtual world rather than the one they reside in and do well in

You can’t be serious!!! You’re joking surely!!😂

i literally read your post 3 times to try and gauge  the tone to see if it was tongue in cheek or not.

If not, this is literally one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever seen on the internet!  

What world do you live on that has such people separated by such assumptions? 

Im a professional, and I like RC cars and computer games! One of the guys that comes out with us is a politician, another one is a high up firearms officer. someone I used to game with was a senior judge. 

• Like 6

I don't think it is unfair but I do think they should reduce them to say 1 weekend a month and not every weekend or even kept for special occasions.

You get to hooked on waiting for the weekend, I should know because I do it myself, I keep all my maps for the double gold and then get as much as I can. I will miss it if it stops but you get hooked on them to much in my opinion.

Right now a lot of the bonus events we've been hosting help us with profiling and analysing server performance. In the future, we'd like to be more sporadic with them. Perhaps have some on the weekend, some on weekdays, during holidays/special occasions. We certainly recognize that keeping it limited to weekends only and having it every weekend leads to folks only wanting to play then or missed opportunities for players who aren't able to play on the weekend. However, it's needed at the moment, as we typically see our highest CCUs on weekends and we can get the most out of our profiling then. We'd also like to play with specific types of changes rather than always having 2x Taming/XP/Gathering such as a bonus event to XP, or maybe crop growth, slaying AoD/SoD etc. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Millenials......guess what...sometimes life ain't fair.

Suck it up.

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Right now a lot of the bonus events we've been hosting help us with profiling and analysing server performance. In the future, we'd like to be more sporadic with them. Perhaps have some on the weekend, some on weekdays, during holidays/special occasions. We certainly recognize that keeping it limited to weekends only and having it every weekend leads to folks only wanting to play then or missed opportunities for players who aren't able to play on the weekend. However, it's needed at the moment, as we typically see our highest CCUs on weekends and we can get the most out of our profiling then. We'd also like to play with specific types of changes rather than always having 2x Taming/XP/Gathering such as a bonus event to XP, or maybe crop growth, slaying AoD/SoD etc. 

to be fair Jat, the 2x weekend gives many people a chance to catch up.  Week days, for me, for example, I work in the city, start work at 8, sometimes get home at 11pm..  The weekends are my only chance to catch up, and the 2x really helps a lot.  If weekends were still 1x, my personal game experience would be 1 step forwards, 2 steps back... I'd feel like i'm always on catch up.  2x allows me / us, to recover, and progress... especially with gold.  Impossible to do during the week.

I appreciate the 2x every week, i know exactly where I stand, and, can plan accordingly, putting the family first.  Please don't change the 2x weekends!   😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hurricane moon said:

You are very naive. Video games are just one of the many release mechanisms that working adults employ to recover from stresses, worries, and daily struggles. When you grow up, if video games aren't your thing, that is fine but for many, video games are a great way to vent and relax but this is off-topic from the OP's original post.

2 hours ago, Dulu said:

Why not just increase total gathering and XP rates by 20% across every day, instead of singling out the weekends?

As a working professional and parent of several children, I paid for the game and would easily pay for a monthly access fee and so I support this request/inquiry as I never know each week, exactly when I can squeeze in the time to play and would love it if I experienced these rates anytime that I got the chance to.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

You wanna hear unfair?  I work from home and can play most of the day every weekday but my mean old wife makes me do stuff with her on weekends.   The Mondays are always nice!

• Haha 1

I don't get why people hate X2 weekend....it is a godsend for those who can only take a break during weekend.

8 hours ago, vaylain said:

You are very naive. Video games are just one of the many release mechanisms that working adults employ to recover from stresses, worries, and daily struggles. When you grow up, if video games aren't your thing, that is fine but for many, video games are a great way to vent and relax but this is off-topic from the OP's original post.

As a working professional and parent of several children, I paid for the game and would easily pay for a monthly access fee and so I support this request/inquiry as I never know each week, exactly when I can squeeze in the time to play and would love it if I experienced these rates anytime that I got the chance to.

mate im a married man with kids whos already semi retired...the post was tounge in cheek..

im english..forgive my monty python sarcy humor

Life is not fair. TBH though id rather piddle around gathering during the week and do more interesting things on the weekend when everyone is on. Imperfect world i suppose.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jatheish said:

It would be nice to get the auroras with the 2x althroughout the map. Or some kinda weather anomaly specific to regions like a locust swarm or something in the desert for 2x. Monsoon for tropical/equatorial. Temperate could have umm not sure. shooting stars or something? The northern lights or auroras are so killer when you can see them in polar.

23 hours ago, Dulu said:

Some of us have to work weekends. 

Doctors, nurses, cops, firefighters, etc.

Oh look. One of these. Let’s see if it’s meaningfully different from any of the hundreds of identical posts I saw on Ark’s forums the past couple of years.

Nope.

Or any of the hundreds of similar posts bemoaning weekend oriented events on the forums of all the MMO’s I’ve played since 2004.

Nope.

The world does not always schedule itself to your personal convenience. If you are complaining about this here, it means you have food, shelter, clothing and all of your true needs met. Be thankful you have the time to whinge about the truly trivial. If you can’t see it that way, then somehow you’ll just have to pick up the pieces of life and move on.

• Like 2

I’m pretty thankful for 2x weekends, most players are available to play on weekends and it gives people a buff for rebuilding what they lost due to offlining, griefing etc that happened during the working week when they had less of a chance online to defend. 

Having it every weekend has been a god send and I’m sure many player would have quit after being raided without the chance to defend, then having to put in all that time to rebuilding etc when they do finally get a chance to play on the weekend. 

Maybe the guys complaining should be the guys I should thank to a degree, cos they’re doing the offlining during the working week while most of us are at work. 

Thanks doctors, policemen, firefighters and nurses,

i wouldn’t have cared about 2x if it wasn’t for you offlining and griefing during the working week.

21 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

Millenials......guess what...sometimes life ain't fair.

Suck it up.

Pretty much this, enough catering for that one guy...

I can somewhat sympathize for him. But then I think about my husband who deploys and has no comp for months and  months. He's never bitched/moaned about missing events. It's called life. Then I drink my coffee and go nah. These events start Friday night and run through Monday. Even when he has duty. He still gets sleep and was able to partake in events when he is home.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:33 PM, hurricane moon said:

really?

Shit happens...I'm sitting here drinking coffee ,waiting for the time to tick down to leave for work myself .
Its just a game

I'll probably play when I get home , but im hardly going to weep into my mug at the unfairness of being an adult and having to exist in the real world 😛

20 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Pretty much this, enough catering for that one guy...

Exactly. Forget that one guy and cater to me. I don’t understand why we can’t all put our differences aside and focus on what’s important here.

Me.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 8:34 PM, hurricane moon said:

mate im a married man with kids whos already semi retired...the post was tounge in cheek..

im english..forgive my monty python sarcy humor

Wink wink

grin grin

nudge nudge

know what I mean?

• Like 1

@Jatheish that'd be pretty dope. Different bonuses for different events sounds like a nice change. On pvp it'd change who's doing what and where.

Looking forward to it now that it seems like 2x events are trailing off