Sign in to follow this  
Captain Stabbin

Honey..they shrunk the regions!

Ummm...did they mention they were shrinking the regions somewhere by about 25%?

Check your maps folks.  You will see a huge difference in region size or is it just me?  O.o

Yeah, they finally caved that the mechanic of staring at a screen, sailing with no wind or against it, for hours at a time just to experience content might just be losing them players. I am a firm believer that if you make the devs play their own game without god powers a whole mess of quality of life issues would be fixed quite fast.

• Like 2

Are you kidding me.

It's already very hard to catch people at sea without them immediately running to a cannon tower or mortars.

Game needs more ocean, not more land/animals/farming.

• Like 1

Not sure what you mean by regions, do you mean the size of each grid? We haven't made any such changes since the launch of our last Mega Update which introduced additional islands and trenches early April.

• Thanks 1

Thanks .  Yes grid size!

I know I am not certifiably crazy but I noticed in L2 I now sail to the region curtain to K2 much quicker and I can see my island easily.  

Okay well thank you for the input I guess it just felt bigger before. 🤔

Edited by Captain Stabbin

The more you become familiar with any given area it will continue to shrink in size in your mind.  Happens with drives to new jobs, houses, buildings you frequent, etc.   I've noticed it in this game myself.  My island felt huge at first.  Now its home, I know where everything spawns and it feels smaller. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Captain Stabbin said:

Thanks .  Yes grid size!

I know I am not certifiably crazy but I noticed in L2 I now sail to the region curtain to K2 much quicker and I can see my island easily.  

Okay well thank you for the input I guess it just felt bigger before. 🤔

there are more islands on the grids than before, and more to come, maybe it's only visualy smaller for you.

17 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

The more you become familiar with any given area it will continue to shrink in size in your mind.  Happens with drives to new jobs, houses, buildings you frequent, etc.   I've noticed it in this game myself.  My island felt huge at first.  Now its home, I know where everything spawns and it feels smaller. 

True.  I used to run cross country, and our coach would load us up in his truck, take us out into farmland and drop us off.  We had to run back to the school.  When it was roads I was unfamiliar with, it was demoralizing because it just felt like it was longer.  But this hardened us.  Courses we were familiar with, seemed so much easier in comparison.  As a result, our team was very good.  Odd how the human mind works...we crave change, but we need stability...the familiar, to be mentally healthy.  All animals are like this...too much change stresses them out.  But it is really interesting how a ten mile run on roads that are familiar, seemed easier than a 5 mile run on unfamiliar roads.

Regions do sometimes look smaller.  Esp the ones with 5-6 islands in them for 122 or 81 pts. But my region is same size as rerelease.

It's ocean madness alright. Sailors call it aqua dementia, the deep-down crazies, the wet willies, the screaming moist...

1 hour ago, Velius said:

It's ocean madness alright. Sailors call it aqua dementia, the deep-down crazies, the wet willies, the screaming moist...

I'll take some screaming moist.

22 hours ago, Captain Stabbin said:

Problem solved.  My wife was playing tricks on me and she switched my monitor out for a slightly smaller one!

😂

Next, she's going to take away your 3x magnification reading glasses, and so, the next time you use the restroom, you are going to be in for a...ahem...big surprise.  😆

On 5/17/2019 at 8:46 AM, Dulu said:

Are you kidding me.

It's already very hard to catch people at sea without them immediately running to a cannon tower or mortars.

Game needs more ocean, not more land/animals/farming.

That's actually a very smart tactic, if you hurt them badly or they needed an edge. You cant fault a good captain for thinking outside the box. I would run you to someone else's towers if i could, gain advantage and repair, turn back and nail you too.

On 5/19/2019 at 11:45 AM, Sneakydude said:

That's actually a very smart tactic, if you hurt them badly or they needed an edge. You cant fault a good captain for thinking outside the box. I would run you to someone else's towers if i could, gain advantage and repair, turn back and nail you too.

Except they never turn back. 99% of the battles at sea in this game are people desperately running away, throwing everything overboard, and sitting behind mortars/cannons on land if they can.

1 hour ago, Dulu said:

Except they never turn back. 99% of the battles at sea in this game are people desperately running away, throwing everything overboard, and sitting behind mortars/cannons on land if they can.

Ah yeah looking for a quick win button. Tells you how many are really ready for pvp. There is some pretty weak players out there.