NatTheMatt

Someone blocking off a bay in M5 EU server

They are also pillaring whole islands and blocking off resources on a few islands I've been to! Please share. 

Edited by NatTheMatt
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Vorxius said:

That's pretty fracking twatty.

Just report.  Zero reason for this.

How do I report?

First check the CoC here :  https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/code-of-conduct/

Douchebag behavior like using boat yards to block an estuary would probably come under exploiting.  Using a big structure against it's intended purpose to intentionally disrupt EVERYONES game experience (who visits the island, or fellow island residence) is violation of CoC.

Second, raise a ticket here :  https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/support-tickets/report-players/&do=form&d=21

Edited by Vorxius

i had a right douche wedge his raft between my galleon and the dock side she was berthed in.......i saw the dude aswell...had a name like a american president.

i left my dock thinking it was a noob just getting to grips with the raft then the guy sailed into the arch at the back and decided he would live there...no response in chat or voice ect

lol...i reversed up right up to him as he had a fire going on the raft and dropped anchor,trapping him under the rear of the ship and his raft.....he would have had to crouch.

he finally logged off.

so i deleted my shipyard...got in my little sloop narrow boat build....and pushed that numpty out to sea.

the raft was sat there for a couple of hours just floating out there....later that evening it was gone.

i reckon he got the message

Grandfather on M5 and nordsemen (lot of silver node blocked)

Edited by gimpbrush

i too have seen that m5 one....skellig kerry? ....i went for gems and this fucker built a house on top of the nodes.....so these other dudes built a giant walled fence around it....

i did climb in to see if any was still down there but no...

grandfathers or some shite

Mind boggles as to why any player would do this.

Just doesn't compute.  I don't get it.

Taken our company Galleon on a long haul mission to explore the atlas map, and see what treasures can be found out there 😄

BUT, I have also taken to reporting with tickets, any mal-practice in regards to totally unnecessary spam.

I came across M10 last night...  one of the Northern Islands..   no names coming from me, but this one chap...  has used ship yards to block entire swathes of area, buoy's to block sea area, used gates to block land passage

My comment was :  If ever there's a case of using structures against their intended purpose, this chap just broke every rule in the book.

I'm compiling tickets for the guys to review, as, I'm sure armed with this kind of info, trends can be analysed, and hopefully some kind of action / mechanic can be implemented to deter such stuff.

Go check it out, M10, north west island!   I'll add screenshot later when I'm back home.   Never knew any one person could make such an ugly impression on such a large strip of land!

21 hours ago, Vorxius said:

buoy's to block sea area,

?, how are they blocking?

I sail through them, am i special?

they're blocking passage across the land, and used excessively to prevent people to run treasure maps there.   My biggest complaint is how unnecessary it all is.  It's raw spam, and it's probably the ugliest attempt at using structures against their intended purpose to do something equally pointless!

3 hours ago, Vorxius said:

they're blocking passage across the land, and used excessively to prevent people to run treasure maps there.   My biggest complaint is how unnecessary it all is.  It's raw spam, and it's probably the ugliest attempt at using structures against their intended purpose to do something equally pointless!

logged in to see rafts around my galleon , i lifted the anchor dropped the sails and the galleon shot to the left as if the rafts were a solid object ,and almost got stuck on a sand bank took me almost 10 mins to get it out and sail away , is this a new form of griefing that has been discovered surrounding anchored ships with rafts to make it hard to get out 

1 hour ago, UDO said:

logged in to see rafts around my galleon , i lifted the anchor dropped the sails and the galleon shot to the left as if the rafts were a solid object ,and almost got stuck on a sand bank took me almost 10 mins to get it out and sail away , is this a new form of griefing that has been discovered surrounding anchored ships with rafts to make it hard to get out 

That isn't a new form of griefing. It's an old form of griefing 😛 They need to make it so you can't anchor near nonallied boats.

The new meta for griefing is... in a private message to Jat -_-

~Lotus

Some still could be noob players trying to survive in a desperate attempt not to die again.  As I once....still am noobish…. but I can see where others may think this is someone trying to mess up their stuff. 

Scenario:  You haven't gotten the hang of the eating mechanic, and are now slowly meeting death.  You need to log off, so you are trying to find a spot to anchor, eat, then log off.  But you can't find a spot due to everything being taken.....  Now your are on your last bit of health, and have no choice but to head in to land and chance it.  Now you got yourself stuck in a sticky situation with a bigger ship and dock, and you can't seem steer your little raft out of the way.  Times running out, build a fire, look for food and hope you survive....  But this area is active and the player who owns it is now in his Galleon that you are now wedged against (due to your noobishness)….   Oh woo is mee…..  He's backing up and trapping me....  "My bad" would be my response.... I'll take the lashes...:)   But how do you know without communication?

That's why there is ingame voip.  Communication is key..  If you don't communicate...… odds are you are doing something devious, otherwise it might be a complete noob who doesn't even know yet what button toggles voip.  Who hasn't been there...?

Of course there is the obvious griefing.   

• Confused 1

CBOATH, it's like saying the man that got stabbed outside a nightclub 87 times, flung himself repeatedly at someone trying to eat a 12oz steak, and impaled himself continuously on the steak knife....

Sometimes, you just have to side with logic  🙂