Sign in to follow this  
Winter Thorne

Most needed building piece in the game?

Castle Theme we had from that one modder in ARK.. The devs liked it so much i think they hired him.

8 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Castle Theme we had from that one modder in ARK.. The devs liked it so much i think they hired him.

Which is probably why he left people hanging.  He probably did the structures in this game.  Does good work. 

they should give us the option to mold pieces to the angles and size that is needed for said wall or roof or whatever..

Some kind of stone end piece to nicely finish off the sawtoothed end of a fence or wall.  Maybe a post with a finial atop it.  Imagine the devs creating bits of statuary you could buy from Freeports and place on the top of this rounded finial - a miniature hydra, mini gorgon, a springing lion, or other heraldic beasts like dragons, unicorns, basilisks, bats, manticores, mermaids, etc.  More finishing touches to spend your gold on! Who wouldn't want that?  In fact, maybe these finishing pieces could be placed on gun mount posts on ships as well instead of the skulls or lanterns I've seen on them.

• Like 1

That would be cool content down the road to give the game more of a personality.  I like a lot of the ideas in here.  I just wonder if there are any technical hurdles to implementing a lot of these ideas.  I think the dev team needs to set aside some time in the future to re-work the whole building process to streamline it into a more enjoyable experience.  They might even find some cost savings (hardware resources) during that rework. 

A half wall to place on sides of a 1×1 puckle building, I find the framedoors aesthetic and no really useful to use all the effective area angle of a puckle that is like 160 degrees of range in front of the puckle I think.

21 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

So, builders -  which absent building piece is driving you crazy?

My vote is for a half ramp.

1. Half-ramps
  2. Half-ladders
  3. Windows with steel bars
  4. Murder Holes
  5. Oubliette
  6. Sleeping bags
  7. Allow players to dig trenches or better yet, moats!
  8. Tents
  9. ***********(Please) - Parachutes!!!!!*************
  10. An option to fill gaps between structures with the debris of sticks, rocks, and metal scraps. This means by making an extra honeycombed inner wall you could fill in the gap with the debris of sticks, stone, and metal as added reinforcement.
  11. Foundation clipping or a method to excavate and level out a plot of land so that ALL of your foundations may be placed down evenly.
  12. Cammofaluge decorations or netting that offer us the ability to cover or paint your structures with textures and colors that better blend in with the immediate surroundings.
  13. Auto-opening/closing-gates for our shipping structures.
  14. Allow players to dig tunnels and holes to build within.
  15. Spiked walls.
  16. Tree platforms.
  17. Water foundational stilts, floating barrels, or even floating pontoons to build water bases.
  18. Vacuum sealed structures to build on the ocean floors.
  19. A longer lasting refrigeration unit of some sort...How about make that new Icebox be able to keep food longer as well?
  20. Tripwires, stringed cans as alarms, punji sticks, shotgun and string tied to the trigger traps, hanging log trap, quicksand, human snares, deep pits, or even flammable pits
Edited by vaylain

a underground stash that looks like a bush or tree that cant be cut down but takes damage when you hit it 

I almost forgot - it should be possible to snap pillars on corners of both floors and ceilings. The workaround with the fence support a) gets annoying and b) doesn't work on ceilings :<

Ceiling Door.

Diving Suit without a cable for use with the Crab.  Then we could walk around on seabed.. without drowning.

Edited by Martyn

On 5/19/2019 at 5:46 PM, Martyn said:

Diving Suit without a cable for use with the Crab.  Then we could walk around on seabed.. without drowning.

Or Lazarus Chowder.  😉