Sign in to follow this  
Winter Thorne

Most needed building piece in the game?

Half ramp, half ceiling tile, gate wide enough for elephants/rhinos, but not a damn large behemoth gate. 

Also the large gates and walls need to snap like the smaller items.  Should have a free floating placement option and snap option.  Why?  I want clean gate/wall installs.  My OCD kicks in and I start replacing existing ones because I think they are ugly when they are not perfectly lined up. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Half ramp, half ceiling tile, gate wide enough for elephants/rhinos, but not a damn large behemoth gate. 

Also the large gates and walls need to snap like the smaller items.  Should have a free floating placement option and snap option.  Why?  I want clean gate/wall installs.  My OCD kicks in and I start replacing existing ones because I think they are ugly when they are not perfectly lined up. 

Yeah, trying to build anything approaching normal human scale is really difficult.  The gates are huge.  I'm working on a walkway and every time there's a little bump in the terrain, I've got to shoot a ramp up and the thing looks like window washer scaffolding.

Wall or Roof - for Ships its the roof.

Building structures for PvP comsumes a lot of this ^^'

I'd like to see more aesthetic static items. No need to go crazy with them but it's quite a challenge getting a place to look different from everyone else's place, especially when doing the interior.

• Like 1

Angled half ceiling, and whatever the hell shape they need to make so we can seal the top back deck of our Schooners (heptagram, rhombus, triquetra?)

• Like 2

45 degree triangle ceiling and foundation tiles - So when building "curved" or hexagonal structures that it keeps with the same distance between square tiles. 

"Medium" wall tiles (2x2) or (3x3) which could snap like regular wall pieces. Building large RP structures really adds up the amount of structures required and I find myself butting up against the structure count. If I had access to large wall tiles that will actually incorporate and can be snapped to, it would really reduce the amount memory and server resources required.

Buttress wall pieces would be nice. They are built into the large wall pieces, but would look nice if everything didn't have to be capped by railing in order to offset the box look. Dark and Light had them and were really fun and made things look nice.

I would say a wider medium gate, but that was listed out in the May mega-update, so that is a relief.

Nerradain

• Like 2

1 central structure that feeds all the npcs on 1 island with gold and food.

• Like 1

I miss top roof end.

Edited by Dissy

I want to have rounded structure pieces so I could build completely/perfectly round towers and also arced bridges  etc. That is my biggest wish  🙂

I would like pieces that mesh together neatly! Also being able to clip into things like rocks and ground. It is so hard to build right now as you get the little piece of something not right and you have to scrap your whole idea, flipping annoying. Oh AND gimmie paint that is PAINT.. can't pain wood as it looks light wood stained, walls look dirty and tinted, other things have a faint hue of a color. I WANT COLOR!!!

Also yes, more building pieces would be awesome as well!

• Like 2

Roof pieces for uneven width buildings.

Separate half wall piece, press T for crenelations and other decorative wall topper / fences.

Pillars, press T for angled, fat or round pillars.

Wall and ceiling / shaped to fit to ship hull curve. (Would need each possible placement to be individually modeled, so not holding out on that one.)

I would like to see triangle foundations and ceilings be their own separate parts with reduced crafting costs. They cover half the amount of space as their square counterparts and so building a not-boxy structure gets expensive quickly.

Ammo box for firearms. Longer grapplinghook for swivel guns. Good looking beds. NPC Cook Which Sells Food. Gates for ships. 

More gates! Behemoth, but not for a skyline! Ship gates! Bigger ceilings! Half ramps! Mainentance ship box (Planks etc.)

I think for me, GS have nailed quite a lot of what I need... however, not sure if this is relevant here, but, my biggest need is to work on the snap points of structural pieces.  Sometimes, you can build right in to a wall, other times you're 1 pixel clipping something and the entire piece doesn't snap, obstructed.

I'd like to see clipping into things allowed if part of the structure is accessible, quite like the S+ stuff in Ark.  On boats this becomes a lot more pronounced, so perhaps, smart logic to allow large items to fill in gaps (assumed to be trimmed to shape) just like any old chippy would be able to do!

12 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

I think for me, GS have nailed quite a lot of what I need... however, not sure if this is relevant here, but, my biggest need is to work on the snap points of structural pieces.  Sometimes, you can build right in to a wall, other times you're 1 pixel clipping something and the entire piece doesn't snap, obstructed.

I'd like to see clipping into things allowed if part of the structure is accessible, quite like the S+ stuff in Ark.  On boats this becomes a lot more pronounced, so perhaps, smart logic to allow large items to fill in gaps (assumed to be trimmed to shape) just like any old chippy would be able to do!

I find the snap points to be weird sometimes.  A piece won't snap..so..crouching...prone..try from the other side...and sometimes it will snap where it said it wouldn't.  The whole thing about setting a foundation piece that won't go by hanging a ceiling tile above it seems a lot like voodoo to me, but it works most of the time.  It's way more art than science.

• Like 1

Large Hatches and large sloped hatches, oh and the wood ones should be usable on boats. An Atlas version of the Chem Bench would also be nice.

Hopefully, the new gate works for all tames. 

• Like 1

For me the most important thing is a gate for elephants/rhinos/giraffes, but not with the size of the damn behemoth gate...

Also I like to see triangle foundations and ceilings with a 90° angle.
And some more decorative items - primarily usable hammocks (placeable on land and on ships) would be awesome.

Edited by Tinschn

16 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

This. All of it. Especially the large walls and gates snapping. I also suffer from this OCD.

The entire system needs a rework, and not as a result of poor coding, only.  The player base is equally at fault.

The most needed items are those which allow us to build less structures, so entering the area of a base doesn't make our GPUs cry for it's mommy.

2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5 walls, ceilings, and roofs.  Should cost the equivalent of the number of 1x1 structures that make up an equal structure, and it should have the same health as all those 1x1 structures added together.  This encourages their use.  The present large walls are insufficient in their health.  Too easy to knock down with ships.  A whole broadside can hit that one structure, thus it makes more sense to use individual 1x1 walls...especially BP walls.  Allows more defense.

Also need walls like in ARK...the 1x12, and 1x4 walls, but it would be great to have some other dimensions, like a 1x2, 2x4, etc...

Another fix is to allow for all containers and crafting stations to hold a lot more items.  Give us the vault from ARK.  Give it an old world look.  But think about it...our containers hold exactly half of what they hold in ARK.  This causes a need for larger bases, to hold twice the number of storage containers.  The more items we can store in a container, or crafting station, the better.  It reduces the need for structures in a base.

Yes...as others have stated...the half ramp is needed.  It has been needed since ARK started out.  a 45° ramp is too steep...does not look pleasing to the eye.

We need large, prefab dock structures that do not have high poly counts.  Those port areas are atrocious.

Need LODs for everything, and for the game engine to start ignoring what we don't need to see.  If I am not even close to a building, such that I am not going to enter it within the next 10 seconds, my computer doesn't need to be spawning in every last item inside that building.  The fact that the game does this, is why the performance is so low.