Jeaninek

Anchored ships disappeared?

I just logged in to find all of our anchored ships (except the one I sailed most recently) just gone... Not sunk, gone... Is there a decay timer on anchored ships? Even when company players are active at the base right next to them? How would you reset that? By walking on the deck, sailing it?? 

have to be in render range(have to be able to see it) of the owner. If the owner has not been in render range in fourteen days( Got number from reports not tested myself) it will go poof. Freeports and golden isles have increased decay. 

Base is right next to dock, and I was logged in over the weekend... So definately been within render range... And then the fact that one lonely ship survived... 

Ps... Does it matter that I'm not the personal owner? Was built by a company member that hasn't played in about two weeks?? (and does that mean my ship is also going to dissappear soon!!!)

Edited by Jeaninek

So if you travel for a vacation for 14 days you can end up loosing your ships and base.  Great. 

sadly this is the sort of game that if your gonna play it...you need to be on every day...imo

this isnt a arcade quick fix....its second life in pirate clothing for some of us..

and yeah im married with kids....but my hobbie is what i do most nights.....bollocks to watching shit on the telly with the wife..lol

Edited by hurricane moon

Have you checked for them on your map? Now maybe this has be fixed but pre wipe I had my gally teleport to the next server north of me once.

Nope, they are definately gone... Had a message in Company log saying "ship removed". 

And I going away on holiday for THREE week soon... Was going to have another company member log in to keep base timer ticking... But guess I better empty out my boat... Just in case :, (

Same thing happened to me yesterday, 4 of our original ramshackles just poofed, only evidence is in the company log which states that the ships and their associated beds were removed from the guild. None of our active players were on during that time. They were parked right next to other, larger ships.

Wasn't really a huge loss, only one of them had seen any recent action, and they were just ramshackles. They were all coincidentally created at roughly the same time on the same day (first day of NA PVE). If this somehow happens with our newer, bigger ships at some arbitrary date in the future, we'll be righteously furious.

We had three of our company's ships disappear in the same fashion.  One of them was right before our eyes.  Seems to be if the personal owner/builder of the ship has not been online in 3 weeks, they are "removed from the company."  Other company members can not refresh this timer, apparently.  All three of ours were built by people who had not logged in for 21 days.  One of them was still in a shipyard, so not anchored, technically.  One of these ships had been moved at some point by another company member, and it still disappeared at the same time as the others, so not sure about the re-anchoring theory.