Drako

NPCs food and gold costs

Hi. I do not know if you still have these problems.
I would like to read your opinions and know if you think these ideas would solve it.
I play in the [EU] PVP server.

- The NPC crew consumes a lot of food.
- The gold consumption of the NPCs is still very high. If you have more than 30npc, daily gold consumption starts to be serious.
- It would be a good idea to allow the use of preserving salt inside the mess table. The food of the npcs would last longer and would not rot before being ingested.
- Inside the mess table, a food unit is always removed from the same stack to feed the NPCs. This causes the rest of the stacks to rot before they are consumed.
  If a unit is consumed from a different stack each time, it could also help the food problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola. No sé si todavía tienes estos problemas. 
Me gustaría leer tus opiniones y saber si crees que estas ideas lo resolverían.
Juego en el servidor PVP [EU].

- La tripulación NPC consume mucha comida.
- El consumo de oro de los NPC aún sigue siendo muy alta. Si tienes mas de 30npc, el consumo de oro diario empieza a ser algo serio.
- Sería buena idea permitir el uso de preserving salt dentro de la mess table. La comida de los npcs duraría más y no se pudriría antes de ser ingerida.
- Dentro de la mess table, siempre se retira una unidad de comida del mismo stack para alimentar a los NPC. Esto hace que el resto de stacks se pudran antes de ser consumidos.
  Si se consume una unidad de un stack diferente cada vez, también podría ayudar al problema del alimento.

Edited by Drako
  • Like 1

Gold consumption is super low. Its like 8 gold a day per crew. Less if you take them off their posts when you park a ship. Even at 30 crew, that is only 240 gold a day on station. A decent blue map will give you 1.5 to 2k gold - enough for 6 to 8 days. Or a handful of flotsam collections each day. This is a non issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

Gold consumption is super low. Its like 8 gold a day per crew. Less if you take them off their posts when you park a ship. Even at 30 crew, that is only 240 gold a day on station. A decent blue map will give you 1.5 to 2k gold - enough for 6 to 8 days. Or a handful of flotsam collections each day. This is a non issue.

The game needs to be harder imo -_-

~Lotus

• Like 3

I'd take longer range on the resource box/food larder over lower payment any day.  Gold/food are easy, stocking all the bins is the pain.

• Thanks 1

I manage the larders and gold for nearly 400 NPCS on our island.

Come talk to me when you get to this point -_- I'm SO THANKFUL for that big buff to gold consumption. THANK THE LAWWWD! haha

I would love to see a way to extend food consumption - though I do use veggies and this helps.

Edited by Cryx

1 hour ago, Cryx said:

I manage the larders and gold for nearly 400 NPCS on our island.

Come talk to me when you get to this point -_- I'm SO THANKFUL for that big buff to gold consumption. THANK THE LAWWWD! haha

I would love to see a way to extend food consumption - though I do use veggies and this helps.

LAG!!!!!! LAG!!!!! we had 500 not counting tames and it was a pile of junk.

It isn't the structures that cause the lag either.

The lag is 90% from our ships to be honest.. you realize that on each ship there is roughly 150+ structures... PER SHIP lol

the gold wouldnt be so much of a problem if they allowed us to just feed the npcs gold through the flag which makes sense if your npc is on your island the gold in the flag should feed the npc, it would also make it more appealing to steal someones flag to get all the gold inside of it. And yes food is stupid im having to fill all my npc shit every 3 days on an island where i get like 7 fps cause of all the structures its a hassle, Feeding over 1000 npcs takes it out of you.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:32 PM, Lotus said:

~Lotus

yes it does , 

On 5/16/2019 at 7:09 PM, Drako said:

Hi. I do not know if you still have these problems.
I would like to read your opinions and know if you think these ideas would solve it.
I play in the [EU] PVP server.

- The NPC crew consumes a lot of food.
- The gold consumption of the NPCs is still very high. If you have more than 30npc, daily gold consumption starts to be serious.
- It would be a good idea to allow the use of preserving salt inside the mess table. The food of the npcs would last longer and would not rot before being ingested.
- Inside the mess table, a food unit is always removed from the same stack to feed the NPCs. This causes the rest of the stacks to rot before they are consumed.
  If a unit is consumed from a different stack each time, it could also help the food problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola. No sé si todavía tienes estos problemas. 
Me gustaría leer tus opiniones y saber si crees que estas ideas lo resolverían.
Juego en el servidor PVP [EU].

- La tripulación NPC consume mucha comida.
- El consumo de oro de los NPC aún sigue siendo muy alta. Si tienes mas de 30npc, el consumo de oro diario empieza a ser algo serio.
- Sería buena idea permitir el uso de preserving salt dentro de la mess table. La comida de los npcs duraría más y no se pudriría antes de ser ingerida.
- Dentro de la mess table, siempre se retira una unidad de comida del mismo stack para alimentar a los NPC. Esto hace que el resto de stacks se pudran antes de ser consumidos.
  Si se consume una unidad de un stack diferente cada vez, también podría ayudar al problema del alimento.

My feedback is following:

- food can be solved by planting 30-40 crops with veggies, they grow really fast and spoil time is 1 per 9hrs30 min in a stack of 100; tested, works wonders

- lvl only food on npcs, have at least 500 food stat on them

- gold is huge issue, I have 200 and not only it is grindy for ulta small company but also thre is an issue where gold must be brought to each of 30 boxes that we have on island; proposition to feed gold from 1 central place with fine tuning of which ones to feed and which not on 1 island

On 5/16/2019 at 7:18 PM, Cryx said:

The lag is 90% from our ships to be honest.. you realize that on each ship there is roughly 150+ structures... PER SHIP lol

Yup ships and AI, been to a full base very big with 0 AI the ship yard lags, but the rest of the structures had 0 cpu, video lag.

i had a weird thing the other day , the galleon was doing fine , fully stocked with wheat and berries etc..., i'm on my base putting spare wheat in the larder there for storage , and suddenly its vanishing at a ridiculous rate , i ended up going mad desperatly harvesting berries to feed my suddenly ravenous crew of gits
its like they all decided to Fast for a few days then try to eat the server 😛
I assumed it was some weird bug , otherwise it seems you can stock em as much as you like , they'll just decide to eat it all at once

You can easily fill your feeders with berries. 
The problem is that it rots very fast inside the feeder and it is a tedious job to feed the NPC arround all your island.
It is not fun to lose an hour or more a day feeding all the npcs.

To this, we need to add the Gold problem.
How do we solve it?

- Increase the time the food lasts.
- Allow the payment of gold from the flag.
- Reduce slightly the consumption of gold by 15% to 20%.

Yes gold is a problem, of course, not for stupid zerg, whose slaves are farming 500-600 each and they have 100 slaves.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:32 AM, Lotus said:

~Lotus

You guys are major trolls!  The freaking cost for these NPCs is too freaking high for any small/solo company unless they plan to play every freaking night to farm a shitload of gold...

One crewman is approximate, 1 gold every 2.5 hours with skill points dedicated to the cause.

Add it up, 10 NPCs in a 24 hr period is 96 gold, give or take...

So, every day a solo/small company would need to farm 100 gold each and every day? That is madness! I am not a fan of being a slave to a video game. Many of us need to actually work, we don't get to play the game 24x7 and when we do get the free time to play, we certainly don't want to be forced to farm gold for the entire night. This doesn't even include the food, ammo, or any other resources...

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, vaylain said:

You guys are major trolls!  The freaking cost for these NPCs is too freaking high for any small/solo company unless they plan to play every freaking night to farm a shitload of gold...

One crewman is approximate, 1 gold every 2.5 hours with skill points dedicated to the cause.

So, every day a solo/small company would need to farm 100 gold each and every day? That is madness! I am not a fan of being a slave to a video game. Many of us need to actually work, we don't get to play the game 24x7 and when we do get the free time to play, we certainly don't want to be forced to farm gold for the entire night. This doesn't even include the food, ammo, or any other resources... 

Even after the change that makes it doubled the time between the crew payments it seems that the cost is higher than at the time of the pre-wipe.

All of these costs are focused on who has an island in a good location that just sit and wait for the gold to enter the bank.

Who lives in lawless ....

29 minutes ago, vaylain said:

You realize that crew cost decreases when you take them off your stations right? So cut that number in half roughly. You should also have a few points in accommodations so you have a few more beds it also increases pay times by like 30 minutes per 1 point or something (I don't exactly how much cause I don't worry about gold to me it's just a bed I know it does help though also with food.) They increased the gold from floatsoms and wrecks and if you really want I will buy the music sheets from you for 200g per difficulty. That is 600g for a hard sheet!

This leads me to a serious question though. Is 100 gold a lot of gold to some people?

~Lotus

• Like 1

100g a day is hard? You're doing it wrong. Like totally wrong. Running around your island a few times picking up maps and you'll find common maps(in the same zone) for up to 400g. Within 30 mins, map gathering included, you should be able to easily get 300-600 gold from some common maps. If you're in an arctic area it's even easier. Most whales are 800-1000g per kill, depending on the type. They're all over. A schooner with some ballistas will make short work of it. Seriously, if you're having problems with gold, PM me and come play with me and ill show you how.

8 hours ago, vaylain said:

wrong they recently changed it, it's now over  5 hrs between payments , so stop spreading falsehoods .

Edited by UDO
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, UDO said:

wrong they recently changed it, it's now over  5 hrs between payments , so stop spreading falsehoods .

I think they are getting left on cannons. 😕 That is just player mistake though 😕

~Lotus

• Like 1

I get the npcs have to cost gold and food. But why add tedium? Why make a part of your game suck?

Take out the fukin running all over the map bullshit wtf.. do you think people enjoy lugging food and splitting it apart for hours everyday? wtf makes you think someone wakes up and thinks...hmmmm...I wanna boot up a babysitting simulator today,

Devs… make a harbor wide food storage bin ..and in island wide gold bin.

Save us from this boring shit so we can play the fukin game plz.

I understand the zergs have Grandmas in them who enjoy babysitting and shit.... Most us just want to play the fukin game and have some npc's not starve to death and help keep our shit from being eaten by crabs and stuff.

Thx.

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 1

wrong they recently changed it, it's now over  5 hrs between payments , so stop spreading falsehoods 

I am NOT seeing 5+ hrs, my NPCs are 2.5 hrs...On Official NA PVP and that is, in my opinion as a solo company too expensive to justify. BUt hey, if this is what the DEVs want so bit...

Edited by vaylain

21 hours ago, Lotus said:

You realize that crew cost decreases when you take them off your stations right? So cut that number in half roughly. You should also have a few points in accommodations so you have a few more beds it also increases pay times by like 30 minutes per 1 point or something (I don't exactly how much cause I don't worry about gold to me it's just a bed I know it does help though also with food.) They increased the gold from floatsoms and wrecks and if you really want I will buy the music sheets from you for 200g per difficulty. That is 600g for a hard sheet!

This leads me to a serious question though. Is 100 gold a lot of gold to some people?

~Lotus

Oh yeah, 100 gold is a hell of a lot of gold to a small to solo company that does not wish to enslave themselves by running boring treasure hunting missions all day...I just wish to live peacefully on my Lawless island building things and taming creatures. I enjoy playing on PVP servers as I enjoy the opportunities whenever I can have fair 1 on 1 encounter and I have been playing PVP games for more than 20 years or so now.

When this game first started, it was awesome fun and the toxic, "KILL EVERYTHING, BLOW IT ALL UP" mentality was non-existent in ATLAS. So in the first few months, this game really seemed like it was going to be something very unique and fun but now it is just a waste of effort and time and the DEVs seem to NOT know what it takes to make it fun and instead are introducing more and more content which is seeming to steer ATLAS further from being a pirate game and more like ARK.

Whoa! I didn't realize that the music sheets were worth anything as the "Music & Dance" skill tree seems so very pointless and there is absolutely no information about that skill line to be able to research more about it. From what I could uncover, the modifications the songs offered seemed minimal and ineffective for the waste of skill points? I always tossed them out...

Edited by vaylain

17 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

100g a day is hard? You're doing it wrong. Like totally wrong. Running around your island a few times picking up maps and you'll find common maps(in the same zone) for up to 400g. Within 30 mins, map gathering included, you should be able to easily get 300-600 gold from some common maps. If you're in an arctic area it's even easier. Most whales are 800-1000g per kill, depending on the type. They're all over. A schooner with some ballistas will make short work of it. Seriously, if you're having problems with gold, PM me and come play with me and ill show you how.

You are missing my point. I don't want to be forced to do all of that boring crap my entire night, just to pay for some NPCs to man some puckle guns to defend my ships and my base. That is a real waste of time and effort. I just want to explore, tame pets, wreck dive, and build things.

• Like 1